• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU needs negative reacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
It would prevent soooooo many arguments on these forums if there was a general consensus that a post is bad, rather than a series of back-and-forth “arguments” amongst aggrieved parties as to why it is, much like good posts being affirmed prevent users from contending them.

Having moderated high school and college policy debate forums for many years, where those users actually all knew each other IRL and debated their contentions amongst their peers in tournaments with more qualified judges with transparent values/curricula, I could go on and on about why this feature would prevent a lot of trolling, but I’ll leave this dumb up/down vote “question” system to do the talking for me.

I appreciate that this forum doesn’t want to alienate users/revenue with such a function, but some posts are just bad, misleading, or uninformed, and the moderation here leaves a lot to be desired, regardless if that’s a problem of a lack of time on moderators’ part or a lack of clearly defined forum rules (on those debate forums moderators are elected yearly and rules are debated, which is something I don’t think this forum is ready for).

Hope you will consider; thanks!

Solution
Wow, this really popped off! Thanks to the three or four users who responded substantively with, you know, words instead of feelings. As for the 70+ other negative reacts, well, lol :love:

Don’t worry, no one here has ever hurt my feelings, and I’m not interested in policing conversations (although I am curious about the nazis analogy — huh?) — that’s what moderation is for. I mean, I’ve debated many of you to all ends of the earth, and have had many of my posts deleted as well. Not fishing for likes here (obvs), but if you think I made this suggestion to prevent polite, sometimes elevating to heated/trolly discussion, then you probably haven’t interacted with me. :) No one is on my ignore list because I like the diversity of opinions...
System Name Alienware PC
Processor Intel 4790K
Motherboard ASROCK Z97 EXTREME4
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
Storage SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2
Display(s) SAMSUNG UE57 Series 28-Inch 4K UHD
Case Alienware Area 51 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Realtek On Board
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt
Mouse Microsoft Wireless
Keyboard HyperX - Alloy Elite 2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
Software Windows 10 Pro & LTSB & LTSC Windows 11 Pro
Actually one thing that would be nice

I was recently locked out of the Windows 11 General Discussion thread, and it would have been nice to know this was just a 1 week suspension and not permanent.

I also seem to have two warnings but insufficient privileges to read them...
Wow! locked out and a weeks suspension? I really felt you are one of the nice guys here, now I'm going to be afraid to post anymore. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.