• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's F@H Team

stanhemi

System Name CRUNSHING MINI FARM
Processor Q9550 C1(lapped)@4105mhz 1,38vcore/Q6600 G0 @3010mhz 1,24vcore
Motherboard P5Q-E 8.5 x 483 fsb/P5QPL-AM 9x334fsb
Cooling watercooled storm,mcw60,2x240mm,micro res rev2,laing ddc3.2/Xig s1283(lapped)
Memory CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2X2G 1066MHZ@965-mhz 5-4-5-15/kingston kvr800mhz 2x1g
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRRE 4870 1G @850/1020/ati x1950 pro
Storage RAID0 2X RAPTOR 74gb/wd 250g
Display(s) 22'' LCD 1680x1050/lg 17" 1280x1024
Case Antec 900 white inside/crappy white case
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard
Power Supply ocz 700 watt mod xstream pro/enermax noiseblocker 485 watt
Software Windows 7 x64/vista 32
Benchmark Scores 3dmark06 18950
I fold for the greater cause, but you all need to stop hating a man who is trying to show support for his daughter in every way he can. By encouraging new people to fold, he is not trying to "steal" your precious points.

So chillax, on my chillax couch.

I'm not hating this man come on...But why i need to fold for another team,i'm already folding to find a cure for cancer,TPU WU don't count or what.oh yea it true.....gtx285.

I pray for stephanie and her family,i know it a hard time (we lost a kid in 2004)

you think he is encouraging people to fold but we already fold!!
and why we need to fold for bjorn3d.com if pt are not important?

p_o_s_pc

F@H&WCG addict
System Name el'lappy|Cruncher | Cruncher 2
Processor intel C2D T6400 | i7 3770k @4.2ghz | AII X2 220 @3.4ghz
Motherboard some Acer | Asus P8Z77-V Pro |Gigabyter GA-M61p-S3
Cooling dual 80mm cooling fan | WC'ing ) |cheapo
Memory 2x2gb ddr3 | 2x2gb Ripjaws 1600 |4x512mb D9s
Video Card(s) onboard | 60 1GB(hd7770 ) |8800GTS
Storage Momuntus xt 320gb |Kingston Hyper X 120gb SATA III|500gb WD
Display(s) 17in | 42" 1080P HD 3D TV
Case lappy case | CM HAF XB |none yet
Audio Device(s) onboard | onboard | onboard
Power Supply Dell brick w/ acer end end | Antec EW 650w |Antec SP 350w(upg.soon)
Software Windows 7 Ult. 64bit---->------->
I apologize p_o_s_pc.

I know you are with us for a long period.

Sorry about that, I just got to nervous about that thread.

:toast:

Thanks and no biggy. :toast:

p_o_s_pc

F@H&WCG addict
Power Supply Dell brick w/ acer end end | Antec EW 650w |Antec SP 350w(upg.soon)
My 9600 GT is fairly overclocked (Shaders at 1970 MHz), and running F@H GPU it stays 66 C or below (and this is Australia, f@ck!ng HOT atm). I'd say 70C or less would be fine for an 8800 GT.

I run about 68-74c with a slight OC so shouldn't be a problem

Mikercool

http://bjorn3d.com/stephanie.php

Are you guys so heartless that you make comments like this when a 13 year old child has cancer?

You call something a scam when Jen-Hsun Huang (President of Nvidia) signs a card and sends it to America for Scott to give out as a prize.

Do you guys not see what it would mean to her to see a list of maybe 300-400 people that are folding to help find a cure?

You really should think about what you are saying.

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
http://bjorn3d.com/stephanie.php

Are you guys so heartless that you make comments like this when a 13 year old child has cancer?

You call something a scam when Jen-Hsun Huang (President of Nvidia) signs a card and sends it to America for Scott to give out as a prize.

Do you guys not see what it would mean to her to see a list of maybe 300-400 people that are folding to help find a cure?

You really should think about what you are saying.

I'm not sure where you're coming from? Who called it a scam? We all have little Stephanie in our thoughts and prayers as well as Scott and the family. :)

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=1195062

This was pointed out to me a few minutes ago. People are thinking I am trying to SCAM their Folding Team. Well you where not there when I saw her come out of surgery and looked like the dead people you see on police tv shows.

The entire point of getting people to Fold for Stephanie and to see the -Stephanie behind their name was she could see that people care for her in the tech world.

I even worked to get a prize being the XFX GTX285 that was going to be the grand prize. NVIDIA and other folks chipped in when they heard about Stephanie' battle.

I am just shocked people would think this is a SCAM.

Scott
http://www.bjorn3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28727&page=9
Just thought I would show you guys that. Great way to build TPU's rep...:dodgy

p_o_s_pc

F@H&WCG addict

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
I am not aware of anyone mentioning a "scam", and as stated previously many of us have stated Stephanie is in our hearts and prayers. I'm not sure where these "scam" idea's are coming from, but our "reputation" is just fine.

It is one thing to "ask" people to fold for them, quite another to "guilt" them into it. Bottom line is folding is for finding a cure for everyone including Stephanie. Whether you choose to fold at TPU or Bjorn, or where ever, you're folding for the cause.

Stephanie, Scott and family are in my thoughts and prayers and I certainly wish all the best, but I'll be damned if I'll be made to feel guilty because of who I fold for.

Below are two other links for folks visiting from Bjorn:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=84071

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=83810

I am not aware of anyone mentioning a "scam", and as stated previously many of us have stated Stephanie is in our hearts and prayers. I'm not sure where these "scam" idea's are coming from, but our "reputation" is just fine.

It is one thing to "ask" people to fold for them, quite another to "guilt" them into it. Bottom line is folding is for finding a cure for everyone including Stephanie. Whether you choose to fold at TPU or Bjorn, or where ever, you're folding for the cause.

Stephanie, Scott and family are in my thoughts and prayers and I certainly wish all the best, but I'll be damned if I'll be made to feel guilty because of who I fold for.

Below are two other links for folks visiting from Bjorn:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=84071

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=83810

The entire point of getting people to Fold for Stephanie and to see the -Stephanie behind their name was she could see that people care for her in the tech world.

Scott
I am pretty sure that is why we wanted us to fold for them. Maybe you could read a whole post instead of picking one part :slap:

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
I am pretty sure that is why we wanted us to fold for them. Maybe you could read a whole post instead of picking one part :slap:

I read the whole post, and as I stated I will continue to fold where I choose. There are lots of Stephanie's out there, and I choose to fold for ALL of them. It's MY choice. Maybe you should read my whole post too. :cool:

SonicWRX

As the captain of The B3D Folding team I'd like to say to the TPU members that Yes your WU's count no matter what team you fold for. We encourage you to fold for whatever team you chose to. Folding is voluntary and every one that folds pays for it out of their own pockets so you have every right to say where the points go.

That's not the main point of the -Stephanie and folding for B3D. Stephanie is 13 and she was just handed the worst news ever. Take a few moments and look up her type of cancer, and you may understand better. At 13 she needs more support then an adult that might have the same cancer. Think about your normal 13 year old and all the social pressures that you have to deal with from your peers. Then on top of that Cancer and Kemo treatments. It's not just Stephanie's body that is under attack but her spirit. If that dies Stephanie has no chance at all. You and I can do nothing about her cancer. That's up to the Doctors and God. What we can do is show her that even though none of us know her personally we are concerned and support her in the fight for her life. At the start of this type of thing is the most important time to show support. Every thing that we do to lift her spirits helps more than some of us may ever know. Its all very new to her and VERY scary.

We all greatly appreciate your support of the F@H project and should you chose to fold for B3D at this time that is up to you. We are not twisting your arms. You do so out of you own free will, and we thank you if you chose to do so.

Fold for TPU or fold for B3D... please just fold. We all have someone that we know that has had, will have, or has cancer. Right now i know that I chose to show my support for Stephanie and hope that it brings a smile to her face and hope to her heart to see so many people support her. That is the point of the -Stephanie.

-SonicWRX

p_o_s_pc

F@H&WCG addict
keep in mind people that if you fold for B3D TPU won't keep going up in the ranks and we won't make our goal for top 20. I don't see why you just don't put -Stephanie on your user name and keep folding for TPU.

BlueRaven

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is a possible ploy by Bjorn3D.

Comments like that is what gives it the feeling of a scam.

In the whole scheme of things 1 month doesn't make a real positive impact to Bjorn or a Negative one to TPU but it does lift the spirits of a young girl with cancer when she sees the names folding for her.

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
As the captain of The B3D Folding team I'd like to say to the TPU members that Yes your WU's count no matter what team you fold for. We encourage you to fold for whatever team you chose to. Folding is voluntary and every one that folds pays for it out of their own pockets so you have every right to say where the points go.

That's not the main point of the -Stephanie and folding for B3D. Stephanie is 13 and she was just handed the worst news ever. Take a few moments and look up her type of cancer, and you may understand better. At 13 she needs more support then an adult that might have the same cancer. Think about your normal 13 year old and all the social pressures that you have to deal with from your peers. Then on top of that Cancer and Kemo treatments. It's not just Stephanie's body that is under attack but her spirit. If that dies Stephanie has no chance at all. You and I can do nothing about her cancer. That's up to the Doctors and God. What we can do is show her that even though none of us know her personally we are concerned and support her in the fight for her life. At the start of this type of thing is the most important time to show support. Every thing that we do to lift her spirits helps more than some of us may ever know. Its all very new to her and VERY scary.

We all greatly appreciate your support of the F@H project and should you chose to fold for B3D at this time that is up to you. We are not twisting your arms. You do so out of you own free will, and we thank you if you chose to do so.

Fold for TPU or fold for B3D... please just fold. We all have someone that we know that has had, will have, or has cancer. Right now i know that I chose to show my support for Stephanie and hope that it brings a smile to her face and hope to her heart to see so many people support her. That is the point of the -Stephanie.

-SonicWRX

Very nicely stated. My hat is off to you. Stephanie, Scott and family are in my prayers.:)

stanhemi

System Name CRUNSHING MINI FARM
Processor Q9550 C1(lapped)@4105mhz 1,38vcore/Q6600 G0 @3010mhz 1,24vcore
Motherboard P5Q-E 8.5 x 483 fsb/P5QPL-AM 9x334fsb
Cooling watercooled storm,mcw60,2x240mm,micro res rev2,laing ddc3.2/Xig s1283(lapped)
Memory CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2X2G 1066MHZ@965-mhz 5-4-5-15/kingston kvr800mhz 2x1g
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRRE 4870 1G @850/1020/ati x1950 pro
Storage RAID0 2X RAPTOR 74gb/wd 250g
Display(s) 22'' LCD 1680x1050/lg 17" 1280x1024
Case Antec 900 white inside/crappy white case
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard
Power Supply ocz 700 watt mod xstream pro/enermax noiseblocker 485 watt
Software Windows 7 x64/vista 32
Benchmark Scores 3dmark06 18950
I fold for my daughter (who past away in 2004 from cancer@20 month) So when people come on TPU and treated us of scam it pissing me off.Instead just SHUT UP.

@SonicWRX : As a team we try to catch some goal,and i don't think folding for bjorn will help us.We all folding for the same goal,find a cure.

Scott and Stephanie and all her family are in my heart.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I fold for my daughter (who past away in 2004 from cancer@20 month) So when people come on TPU and treated us of scam it pissing me off.Instead just SHUT UP.

@SonicWRX : As a team we try to catch some goal,and i don't think folding for bjorn will help us.We all folding for the same goal,find a cure.

Scott and Stephanie and all her family are in my heart.

if it gets more people folding is it bad? who cares if the decide to fold just b/c of the contest they are folding. is that WU worth any less than yours just cause they want something?

System Name AMD | Intel | Chumpy
Processor PHII 955BE Stock | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 | EX58 - UD5 | E760 4 Way SLI
Cooling Zalman 9700 CNPS | Water Loop | Water Loop
Memory 4 GB XMS3 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x 9600GSO, GTX260 216 | 2 x GTX 260 216 | GTX 260 216, 9600 GSO
Storage WD 640GB | Couple o' 5400RPMs | WD 1TB
Case Cosmos S | Lancool K62 Dragonlord | Lian Li PC-P80 Armor
Power Supply TX850 | HX 1000 | HX 1000
Software Win 7 Home Premium | Win 7 Ultimate | Vista Home Premium
All I'm going to say, is you guys better rein it in now, both sides. Thank you for Sonic coming here and not instigating fires, but to everyone else who is joining just to comment here (with somewhat flamebaiting posts), it's gonna look bad for your forums too.

If people thought it here, I'm sure people thought it everywhere. We aren't any more inherently evil. Scott has to understand that people will form opinions he doesn't like, and not necessarily because they are bad people, but because of their experiences to this point in life. I myself find things and people hard to trust for face value, no matter who or what they are. However we are ALL folding which says something about us compared to people who aren't. So obviously, we can't be lecherous people.

Believe me, I hope the best for this girl and her family, but I'm going to remain here. That doesn't mean she doesn't have my support however.

And moreso, shame on the person who showed Scott this. Nay saying happens everywhere and it WILL be inevitable. You are just as bad as how you viewed the people you tried to vilify. What gave you the right to bring more darkness to this man's day,if not month?

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Its the fact that people said it in the first place. It is NO scam, its a cause to raise spirits. The prizes are just waht he does EVERY MONTH. So thats not going to change. I dont see why your damn points here are such a big deal when this time the folding is still going out to something greater. Helping raise a little girls spirits. One month was all he was asking for and some people here are making such a big stink about "top 10, top 20". Thats just plain ridiculous. Its not about the rank, not about the score, not about the points. About the cause. Grow up. Just because you are in the top 10 F@H ranks dosent give you a bigger epenis.

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
Its the fact that people said it in the first place. It is NO scam, its a cause to raise spirits. The prizes are just waht he does EVERY MONTH. So thats not going to change. I dont see why your damn points here are such a big deal when this time the folding is still going out to something greater. Helping raise a little girls spirits. One month was all he was asking for and some people here are making such a big stink about "top 10, top 20". Thats just plain ridiculous. Its not about the rank, not about the score, not about the points. About the cause. Grow up. Just because you are in the top 10 F@H ranks dosent give you a bigger epenis.

Agreed. Btw, are you folding for the cause anywhere?

Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Bjorn3D.com Have been for quite a while.

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yea if it wasnt for that site id prolly be freelance. I think the point thing is stupid kinda. It creates chaos like this and people lose site of the real reason why we fold.

Processor Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock LGA1155 Z77 Extreme 4
Cooling Cooler Master Evo 212
Memory 16GB (4X4) G.Skill Ripjaw 2 DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Nvidia gForce GTX 660ti
Storage 1x Samsung 840 EVO 256GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 500GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 80GB 3Gb/s
Display(s) ASUS VH242H Black + 2 HP 2311x 23" LED
Case Fractal Design R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek OnBoard Both
Power Supply Cooler Master 850w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Yea if it wasnt for that site id prolly be freelance. I think the point thing is stupid kinda. It creates chaos like this and people lose site of the real reason why we fold.

I agree. I think adding a contest to the whole ordeal was a bad idea. People are folding for the prizes and just saying they are folding for her.

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Im glad im staff so i cant be put into that category =D

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I do not know where the all the hostility is coming from over a program designed to advance scientific research into debilitating diseases. If bjorn3d wants to have a contest to generate greater interest in an altruistic program there is nothing wrong with that.

If you want to participate in the techpowerup folding team great. We're almost in the top 100 and could use the extra help. If you want to fold and try to win a prize that's great too. Either way you're donating to a worthy cause. All work units go to stanford. Just stop the trashy classless fighting.