• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard ASSRockzz z77TOTHEEXTREME!!!!
Cooling bleh
Memory 2x4gb crucial 1866
Video Card(s) HD7770, yes it does BF3
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Case whats that, oh my table
Audio Device(s) stock onboard thing
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7
thank you :) never had my parents, so i had to grow up a little before others at my age, so i guess thats why:)
one thing though, dont force her, let her decide the pace, just a suggestion:)

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
The one thing I always told her was "the world is a ugly place". I experienced it first hand, war, death, hunger, suffering and everything else the world can dish out. I taught her all I could, just hope it was enough.

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Cooling bleh
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7
dont think you can learn her more about the ulgy fucker called the real world, other than that is hard ass self study imo

System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!
The only regret I have is "did I protect her to much from the real world"? I moved to a small town to raise her, so I could shield her from that stuff. You always ask yourself "did I do enough"? I hope so. I guess thats the question all fathers ask themselves.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
The only regret I have is "did I protect her to much from the real world"? I moved to a small town to raise her, so I could shield her from that stuff. You always ask yourself "did I do enough"? I hope so. I guess thats the question all fathers ask themselves.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you aren't asking yourself that question, you aren't doing your job as a parent.

System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!
Beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you aren't asking yourself that question, you aren't doing your job as a parent.
I wish you good luck with yours Wile E. Its hard work being a father. Dont let anyone tell you different. Its usually the mother that gets all the credit. Stay strong in what you believe. That strength is what children seek. Strength is what is needed to survive in todays fuked up world. Keep them safe and secure for as long as you can. The world is a fuked up ugly place, but you are their only link to "what is really going on". Teach with a kindness, but also show them what you have experienced through your life. A father is a teacher and a tyrant all in one. Show them love but with a strong hand. You are their guide through good and bad times.

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Cooling bleh
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7
I wish you good luck with yours Wile E. Its hard work being a father. Dont let anyone tell you different. Its usually the mother that gets all the credit. Stay strong in what you believe. That strength is what children seek. Strength is what is needed to survive in todays fuked up world. Keep them safe and secure for as long as you can. The world is a fuked up ugly place, but you are their only link to "what is really going on". Teach with a kindness, but also show them what you have experienced through your life. A father is a teacher and a tyrant all in one. Show them love but with a strong hand. You are their guide through good and bad times.

:respect:

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
@ The Don...I know what its like not havin parents around.. Been on my own since 14-15, and from 16 - 24 was homeless. U def learn the world is an ugly place when ur at rock bottom and u see how society treats u. All the steps that have led me to where I am today w/ my beautiful Missus and a 7 y o, have been accomplished by Me and a straight train of thought at wanting to get better and be in a better place than i was 10 years ago. Ive seen alot in my life experiences and wouldnt trade the wisdom and lessons learned for anything

System Name Nexus PC
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 3600 MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3
Cooling Thermalright Macho V2
Memory 24GB DDR3, 1400MHZ CL8
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon R9 290
Storage Samsung EVO 960 250gb, EVO 850 250gb, Vertex 3 128gb. 2 TB of Rotational.
Display(s) 1xAsus MX299, 2x Asus MX239, Oculus Rift CV1
Case Sunflower Tower
Audio Device(s) C-Media CMI8738/C3DX
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 7
Software Win7 64Bit Ultimate
33? Your a young'in. :laugh: I am 38 with a 2, 5 and 8 year old. Evil, evil little crumb snatchers. :shadedshu Must beat them daily to keep them inline. :laugh:
I would rather be back in the middle east getting shot at then here beating children daily. :laugh: Thats a jk of course. Or is it? :wtf:
Damn, i guessed you MUCH younger... even younger than wile!:eek: but dont be sad, that only means, that you heart has stayed young;)
in which country you had to fight back then?

lol. Mine are 15, 14 and 12. Very evil ages. Just try to remember the way you were back then. lol
oh, i started to get worser and worser at 16... with 17 most people are at their worst:laugh:
but that can go on until 20, dependant on their maturity:laugh: you surely will have to fight a bit till then!:p

I forgot to list my 18 year old daughter. What a fun age that is to deal with. :shadedshu She lives with her mother because "I was to strict". I wouldnt let her have boys over to stay the night. I scared a few away I guess from what she said. I can be a little scary sometimes.

of course its a little scary, when, upon ringing the bell of your house, not your daughter opens, but this:
suddenly gets stuck out of a slit of the barely open door, with the words "P*SS OFF YOU BASTERD!":laugh:

oh, then my parents havent done their jobs :D... i always believed the world to be a wonderful,peaceful place,and they never even warned me, till i was drowned in a pool full of sh*t
another problem is, that my parents lied much too often, even when telling me, lying is one of the most evil things to do ;-)...also, i wasnt hated, or ignored... but i was barely loved,more a child of mercy,then a child of love
damn i wasnt raised properly, i believe:laugh:

Last edited:
System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!
@ The Don...I know what its like not havin parents around.. Been on my own since 14-15, and from 16 - 24 was homeless. U def learn the world is an ugly place when ur at rock bottom and u see how society treats u. All the steps that have led me to where I am today w/ my beautiful Missus and a 7 y o, have been accomplished by Me and a straight train of thought at wanting to get better and be in a better place than i was 10 years ago. Ive seen alot in my life experiences and wouldnt trade the wisdom and lessons learned for anything
You have grown up to become a stronger person because of what you experienced and learned. Its great that you pulled your self from out of the gutter and into a productive life. Not many that fall as far as you did make it back up. :toast:

Damn, i guessed you MUCH younger... even younger than wile!:eek: but dont be sad, that only means, that you heart has stayed young;)
in which country you had to fight back then?

oh, i started to get worser and worser at 16... with 17 most people are at their worst:laugh:
but that can go on until 20, dependant on their maturity:laugh: you surely will have to fight a bit till then!:p

of course its a little scary, when, upon ringing the bell of your house, not your daughter opens, but this: http://web2.toronto081.server4you.de/forum/userpix/275_G_Schrotflinte_1.gif suddenly gets stuck out of a slit of the barely open door, with the words "P*SS OFF YOU BASTERD!":laugh:

oh, then my parents havent done their jobs :D... i always believed the world to be a wonderful,peaceful place,and they never even warned me, till i was drowned in a pool full of sh*t
another problem is, that my parents lied much too often, even when telling me, lying is one of the most evil things to do ;-)...also, i wasnt hated, or ignored... but i was barely loved,more a child of mercy,then a child of love
damn i wasnt raised properly, i believe:laugh:
I try and keep myself feeling as young as possible. ;) I was very lucky to have the parents that God gave me. They were very young to be parents. My mom was 16 and my dad was 18 when I was born. My dad worked his fingers to the bone to give my sister and I what we needed and wanted.
As for areas that I was in during conflicts..... Iraq, Bosnia, Afganistan, Somalia, South Africa (peace keeping UN missions) and Kirkuk. Got out right before the 911 shit took place. I was in Desert Storm and the small conflicts that followed.
I like to go the Portland airport (when I can) when a unit is coming back state side and shake their hands. I know what they went through. Its tough returning to the real world after the shit you see in situations like that. The old saying "war is hell" is spot on.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling EK FLT 240 DDC, x2 Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX, x1 EK-Quantum Surface P240, Phanteks D30-120 fans x9
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) Samsung 49" Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply ASUS Rog Thor 1200 Certified 1200W
Software Windows 11 64 Bit Home Edition
Hogan,

How tall are you?

System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!
Cooling EK FLT 240 DDC, x2 Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX, x1 EK-Quantum Surface P240, Phanteks D30-120 fans x9
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Case Phanteks NV7
System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!
You got me by 2", I'm 6'4"
The males in my family average 6'1" to 6'3". My dads dad was 6'7". My moms side is a different story. :laugh: My sister is 5'11". The funny thing is, my daughter is 5'5". :)

Case Phanteks NV7
The males in my family average 6'1" to 6'3". My dads dad was 6'7". My moms side is a different story. :laugh: My sister is 5'11". The funny thing is, my daughter is 5'5". :)

You and your daughter have a hard time saying hi/goodbye heh? :laugh:

Hogans Daughter: "Hows the weather up there daddy?" :roll:

System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!
Her mother is 5'10" or so, dont know where she got the short gene from. A lot of people say my daughter looks like a shorter version of Taylor Swift the country singer. I dont thinks so but thats what everyone tells me. :confused:

System Name Nexus PC
Storage Samsung EVO 960 250gb, EVO 850 250gb, Vertex 3 128gb. 2 TB of Rotational.
Case Sunflower Tower
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 7
I try and keep myself feeling as young as possible. ;) I was very lucky to have the parents that God gave me. They were very young to be parents. My mom was 16 and my dad was 18 when I was born. My dad worked his fingers to the bone to give my sister and I what we needed and wanted.
As for countries that I was in during conflicts..... Iraq, Bosnia, Afganistan, Somalia, South Africa (peace keeping UN missions) and Kirkuk. Got out right before the 911 shit took place. I was in Desert Storm and the small conflicts that followed.
I like to go the Portland airport (when I can) when a unit is coming back state side and shake their hands. I know what they went through. Its tough returning to the real world after the shit you see in situations like that. The old saying "war is hell" is spot on.

sounds like you had to go thru some serious shit, and yet you are here, alive... i bet you are lucky about that!:)
yeah... War, War never changes... the old ones declare war, and send the young ones, to get killed for them, while the indutrial-military complex gets more power and money each day, sitting warm and dry on their fat,egocentric asses.
thinking about the next deadly weapon they could invent,advertise, and earn money for just for getting more and more and more money, until they can wipe their asses with a 1000 dollar bill,till they get wound. (and not beeing interested in anyones life, besides their own)

"Millions of people have nothing to eat, and no place to live...Who cares, im gonna buy me a new Benz tomorrow, from the money i made due to their death"

i simply hate those people... and they only have one natural enemy,whom they could not buy, or silence: Cancer.

that should mean no offense to anyone here! (except,he is one of those people.. but i dont believe that!:D)

you soldiers have to take the beating, the politicians and uberrich should get...
i can fully understand, that beeing there, shrapnell raining, and bullets whistling, as they pass you only by centimeters, can make you not only psychically instable, due to the immense pressure you have to bear there. It can, and probably will destroy you, till there is nothing left. the only chance to escape that, is a really strong heart, and personality.

my heart hurts, when i see all that cruelty out there... a church, worshipping satanic behavior more than godly... leaders that only think about control and power... and the neverending story, about people loving to hurt others, to gain personal power, just to feel themselves better, more important.

if there is a god in heaven, and it might be (just not material, more like some kind of energy)
he surely cries about, what his own creation does to itself.

A wonder has to happen, to pull humanity out of the black hole, it pushed itself in.

I worry about that each day, because i feel, not only me,personally has to help to make this wonder possible. each human, whether black,white,red etc ; whether christian,muslim,buddhist; whether old or young, wheter hetero,homo,or bisexual... everyone has to help....

Or we might end, like the Dinosaurs did.
Roaches will be the new "Kings" of creation then.
Ironic,isnt it?

I fear the day, when the last Fish has been catched, the last Tree chopped down,and the last Animal has died. Because then,when its much too late, the Humans will see:
You cant eat Money.

just my 2 cents, i hope i didnt enraged someone from the team!:eek:

EDIT: here in germany body height is measured in metres. im 1.90 :)

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Cooling bleh
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7

vs

You have a winner imo

System Name Nexus PC
Case Sunflower Tower
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 7
System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!
You know thats my gf in that pic not my daughter? :roll:

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Cooling bleh
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7
:shadedshu

you still have a winner imo;)

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
You know thats my gf in that pic not my daughter? :roll:

lol. You have no idea how often I get that as well. I'm almost 7 years older than the mrs, and she looks young to begin with. Depending on how ragged work has me looking, she's either mistaken for my daughter on the really bad days, or my younger sister on the not so bad days. lol.

System Name Nexus PC
Case Sunflower Tower
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 7

[Ion]

WCG Team Assistant
System Name Niedersachsen / Ribe / Minsk
Processor i3 3240 / i7-3520M / 4x Opteron 6376 @ 2.86GHz
Motherboard BIOSTAR H61M / HP Q77 / Supermicro H8QG7
Cooling Stock / Stock / 4x 1U G34
Memory 1x8GB / 2x4GB / 4x4GB
Video Card(s) GTX260 / Intel HD 4000 / nVidia GT310
Storage 80GB Intel SSD / 256GB Intel SSD / 2x 60GB SSD (RAID1)
Display(s) Dell 3007 + HP 2245w / 12.1" 1366x768 / None
Case Antec NSK3480 / HP / Supermicro 1U
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 500W / HP 130W / Supermicro Gold 1400W
Keyboard IBM Model M
Software Windows 7 (Niedersachsen/Ribe) / Linux Mint 17.2 (Minsk)
So my output is going to be down a bit, I'm having issues with the T400 (P8600)

System Name Hogan's Crap
Cooling Stock Crap!