• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tropico 3/4/5 HPK Archiver

mrp

@FordGT90Concept Thans for the tool. I'm trying to translate missing texts in Polish, but everytime output file is cutouted from over half data and in result translate is not working. How to save output file to make it works.

Last edited:

mrp

Thanks for help - official version from gog (not like translate for steam version) is corrected and i think fully translated - thx for trying help me. Best regards.

mrp

It was about tropico 4. Yes, but when I need it, have only edition from steam. With only one english.hpk translated to PL (hpk maybe was unofficial). Now on discount bought on gog another version and it's fully working. Have few .hpk files and Polish.hpk is diffrent in structure, comparing to previously dwnld translate.

Last edited:
Well hpk works fine with tropico 4 if you want the file (or send me a link to the .hpk file and I'll extract it).

grftgx

Hello colleagues I have a problem with the game Tropico 3 and probably I am not the only one who has this problem. It happens that in any map when I'm passing the year 2043 approximately the game crashes and does not allow me to continue the game.
The truth is that it is frustrating because in the big islands you don't have time to build the whole map and have it well built.
Would anyone know how to solve it? Because I understand that here it is about modifying files and it can be something complex if someone knows how to do it or can explain me how I can do it I would appreciate it thanks and greetings.

Could check your game profile (no clue I don't have the game, but probably in appdata somewhere) for a crash log?

grftgx

I could check the profile where the Tropico 3 games are saved. But previously a year ago when I created a new profile with another game on another map, the same thing happened to me when it was about the year 2050. I think it is a bug in the game as I remember many complaints about the bugs it had when it came out back in the day.

ketenpere

For victor vran language translation, I opened the relevant hpk file and edited it, then I packed it and left the file in the required location, but the game does not read the translated parts. I will be glad if you help

helios.fxx

Hi there! I have an issue when packing Game.hpk for Tropico 4 MT (with the initial archiver 1.1 being updated to handle T4MT as the posts history reads), the game just crashes on launch. I tried the solution from post #102 with all the options on/off but the result is the same exception 80000003. The original file is 4.51Mb but output is always 4.53 though the num of files and folders persists. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Zellno

Would it be possible to add the function to compress to the game Stranded: Alien Dawn which also follows the same logic as Surviving Mars, according to what they say?

Does this sound like your issue?
Yes, it's related.
Stranded: Alien Dawn's files are compressed with Zstd.
The game doesn't like how the tool writes the compressed chunks with zlib. I tried zstd same result.
I've added a new parameter (`hpk create --dont-compress-files`) to store all files uncompressed in the archive.

Zellno

Yes, it's related.
Stranded: Alien Dawn's files are compressed with Zstd.
The game doesn't like how the tool writes the compressed chunks with zlib. I tried zstd same result.
I've added a new parameter (`hpk create --dont-compress-files`) to store all files uncompressed in the archive.
Thank you ChoGGi and Nickel. This one I can install on linux, how to use it in an entire folder and have the output in hpk.

Zellno

hpk create --dont-compress-files InputFolder OutputArchive.hpk
Thanks Choggi, it was something like this I was trying to zstd -r C:\Users\user\Downloads\AlineDawn\__Unpacked\Packs\_Lua -o Lua.hpk the file came out with 3.19mb while the original is 5.92mb already in this one hpk create --dont-compress-files C:\Users\user\Downloads\AlineDawn\__Unpacked\Packs\_Lua Lua.hpk it came out with 13.2Mb.

Felemir_da_Bard

Hi everyone, its my first time in a game forum, well I may start saying how much I love The Tropico Saga and games who let you build everything you want, like simulators and city builder, so I really appreciate all what you with programs ,tutorials and support for other players and give the possibility to customize the game completely, by the way I´m here to find help, my only desire is learn how to change or modify textures and skins in the game (T3 T4 o T5) sadly for me, I´m a spanish speaker so its a little hard to me understand guides and tutorials in english, and even worst about program, but I want to do that, so if someone have time to teach me or guide me I'll be very very grateful.