• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trottle stop a big help for me in Coronavirus crisis

jupaba

Dear all
I want to thank Throttlestop developers fro delivering such a fantastic piece of software and free. I have an old DELL inspiron 1720 and I had installed windows 10 and put a SSD disk and was working OK but at some point of time it started going really slow. I did search for drivers and cleaning it and loosing lot of time until last week I found SiSift Sandra LITE free version that reported the problems on voltage and cpu running under expectations and something about throttling. I did end finding THROTTLE STOP reference and running it was a fantastic surprise. I may not be using it optimally but I learnt from some of the throttle guide for notebook that for my Core 2 T7500 multiplier should be 11 and it was set to 8. Voltage was 0.865 and I did set it to 1. And yes I had replaced some time ago the power adaptor with a TRUST one, with the special pins that DELL requests.
Running throttletop oush my inspiron 1720 to run much much faster. I am sorry to say that DELL is always protecting too much ...their business, as now the notebook is not going to high temperatures and it does not seem there is any risk. It is incredible to have this outstanding software for free and it is a pity how many notebooks sure has been abandoned because of working too slow when there was this easy solution. But I think it did took me more than a year since I noticed the huge slow down of the speed and the moment I have aplied this solution. In fact I have been forced to search because of CORONAVIRUS, as I have moved to work remotely and before I was using very very little the notebook but now all member of the family needs a computer for working remotely and I needed to work wit it. So, thanks again for this magnific software and forum and you to know you have made a magnific contribution to me in this CORONAVIRUS crisis and by sure I will keep using my notebook for long time after this crisis finishes.

Best regards from madrid, SPAIN.
Juan