• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

True nature of E-cores and how effective are they?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
LOL yeah let play pretend that Intel non-K series don't exist :roll: , as those non-K model require zero tweak to achive great performance and efficiency, and then some people with 5800X come in and say they can tweak their 5800X to achieve better efficiency :roll:
If you don't know how to make your equipments work as you intended, the problem is on you.
The point from your own review was that you needed to adjust stock boost behaviour and manually limit the CPU to 65W out of the box, buddy. And we're full circle now, thanks.

Just so we don't get things mixed up, here:

"When using the RM1 box cooler without any power limits, the 12700 was thermally limited to a score of 19714 points. That's an 8% reduction when compared to what we saw with the Corsair H170i.

With the 65w spec enforced, the score dropped to 16017 points, which is a similar level of performance to that of the Ryzen 7 5800X and Core i9-10900K. A very respectable result given how little power the 12700 is using here."

See? No discussion about efficiency being possibly great on ADL, nobody is fighting that battle. But it does require a tweak.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
The point from your own review was that you needed to adjust stock boost behaviour and manually limit the CPU to 65W out of the box, buddy. And we're full circle now, thanks.

Just so we don't get things mixed up, here:

"When using the RM1 box cooler without any power limits, the 12700 was thermally limited to a score of 19714 points. That's an 8% reduction when compared to what we saw with the Corsair H170i.

With the 65w spec enforced, the score dropped to 16017 points, which is a similar level of performance to that of the Ryzen 7 5800X and Core i9-10900K. A very respectable result given how little power the 12700 is using here."

See? No discussion about efficiency being possibly great on ADL, nobody is fighting that battle. But it does require a tweak.

How do you know that 65W spec enforced is not the default setting on every motherboard? guessing?

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
How do you know that 65W spec enforced is not the default setting on every motherboard? guessing?
Again from techspot:

"Non-K parts on the other hand, like the Core i7-12700 which are technically 65W parts -- but also not really -- still suffer from a loosely defined spec, which can see them clock as low as 2.1 GHz on the P-cores for AVX workloads, though without power limits should maintain an all-core frequency of 4.5 GHz, which is a 114% increase over the base frequency."

This is the point. We've seen it before with Intel and motherboard vendors where loosely defined specs led to unwanted behaviour. Back then it was about Z-boards. Now we're talking about non-OC boards suffering that situation.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Again from techspot:

"Non-K parts on the other hand, like the Core i7-12700 which are technically 65W parts -- but also not really -- still suffer from a loosely defined spec, which can see them clock as low as 2.1 GHz on the P-cores for AVX workloads, though without power limits should maintain an all-core frequency of 4.5 GHz, which is a 114% increase over the base frequency."

This is the point. We've seen it before with Intel and motherboard vendors where loosely defined specs led to unwanted behaviour. Back then it was about Z-boards. Now we're talking about non-OC boards suffering that situation.

Yawn...some boards enforce power limit by default and some don't, so again if you don't know how to make your equipment works as intented, the problem is on you. I'm not going to be hypocritical and talk like the average PC DIYers are so clueless they don't know what TDP their CPUs are running at...or that they can't read reviews before buying something :rolleyes:

This is the trouble i've been having discussing this on the forums (and keep getting called a fanboy, a shill, etc etc)
If you need to change almost every aspect of the stock behaviour, that's not some elitist awesome superduper thing to brag about - it's a sign the product is bad.

No one argues intel don't have great single threaded performance - the problem is that they're making you pay for more and more terrible E-cores to get it, and then to sustain it you need to disable the E-cores to keep the TDP down...

Not necessarily?

The P vs E core thing, much like big.LITTLE for the ARM world, has physics-level principles that make sense. The software doesn't quite exist yet to fully take advantage of P vs E cores, meaning its now the user's job to make up the difference. Windows always had good, low-level, controls for which cores get affinity to which processes/threads. Yes, it takes manual effort, but an advanced user can say "these threads use E-cores, those threads use P-cores".

For pure single-threaded performance, you're likely correct that disabling the E-cores is best.

However, for multi-threaded performance, as well as power-efficient background processes, the E-cores will be best. We know this because its already true in the big.LITTLE ARM world.

Intel tried to make automagical thread configuration, and so did Microsoft Windows. Alas, there's only so much "auto-configuration" that you can do. At the end of the day, its the programmer/developer's responsibility to set sane defaults (and barring that, it becomes the IT Administrator's job to set up the threads/processes correctly). Since the typical modern computer user doesn't have an IT degree or understanding, they will inevitably set these knobs to an inefficient setting.

I don't think that makes this whole exercise useless however. Its just the nature of a 1st generation product of a very complicated scheduling/OS level problem. The real issue is that Microsoft / Intel needed to be working on this 10-years ago when ARM made their first big.LITTLE chips.

Especially because of Apple's advancements with M1 and M2, with 2-day battery lives and whatnot. People are beginning to notice the poor power-efficiency of Intel machines (and AMD) over Apple these days. It will be worthwhile to perform a large, optimization pass over the software run on laptops to allow for multi-day computing on one battery charge... it hasn't happened yet though. First, the hardware needs to come out (success: P vs E cores), then the software will change. There's no other way for this to move forward.

System Name Daedalus VI
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.368 V)
Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43
Cooling Air Cooled Fan (I can't remember the brand or model)
Memory 32GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) nVidia Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 27'' QLED 1440p @ 144Hz
Case Cooler Master Elite 333
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892 / Logitech 4W speakers + 12W subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Qpad MK-95
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Service Pack 1
Anecdotal but my 12900K system is the smoothest and most responsive system I have ever had, this includes my previous 10900K and 3900X machines, So i guess the E-Cores are doing a good job at background tasks.
That's the advantage of having sixteen cores and twenty-four threads.

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
This is the trouble i've been having discussing this on the forums (and keep getting called a fanboy, a shill, etc etc)
I would never call you a fanboy or shill; I would simply say you are best with a little white wine, shallots, and frites. I will say reading the whole discussion, it's hard for people to understand some of the points made
If you need to change almost every aspect of the stock behaviour, that's not some elitist awesome superduper thing to brag about - it's a sign the product is bad.
what stock behavior? Are we talking about, some bad mobos from asrock or do all stock settings need to be changed and for what user purpose? Real world use or high benchmark use?
The point is the massive gap between advertised TDP of 65W and peak of 202, or higher in the upcoming gen, and how this affects stock settings and user experience. The gap on competition is smaller and the clock behaviour is less bursty as a result, which also affects cooler requirements.
I'm looking at two 65w CPUs (Intel 12400 and 5600x) so I'm not playing favorites here. Both are similar in gaming power used while playing Cyberpunk and temp wise they are similar while using blender, probably a worst case scenario for most people. We (as educated consumers) know the TDP recommendations by Intel and AMD have been pure BS for years so why is that surprising now?

Is this an asrock issue or an issue with all Intel z motherboards?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I would never call you a fanboy or shill; I would simply say you are best with a little white wine, shallots, and frites. I will say reading the whole discussion, it's hard for people to understand some of the points made

what stock behavior? Are we talking about, some bad mobos from asrock or do all stock settings need to be changed and for what user purpose? Real world use or high benchmark use?

I'm looking at two 65w CPUs (Intel 12400 and 5600x) so I'm not playing favorites here. Both are similar in gaming power used while playing Cyberpunk and temp wise they are similar while using blender, probably a worst case scenario for most people. We (as educated consumers) know the TDP recommendations by Intel and AMD have been pure BS for years so why is that surprising now?

You're looking at the wrong CPUs, the above ten+ posts are about the higher end non K's. Note how the temp graph is sharply going up from 12600k onwards. We know the lower and mid range is cool because the core count is lower and so is the peak frequency, by up to a full Ghz even.

As for the TDP values being BS, this is untrue. The underlying principles have been changing the past generations, curiously in the same pace as Intel was losing its leadership.

I think this is an issue that can exist in the first place because Intel has defined the spec in a silly way, and again, this isn't about Z boards where some tweaking can be expected from users, but about non overclockable chipsets and parts.

I had the same criticism on AMD's approach in the past. Being loose with what MB vendors can do, is always troublesome to the end users. It really only serves to mislead customers.

Yawn...some boards enforce power limit by default and some don't, so again if you don't know how to make your equipment works as intented, the problem is on you. I'm not going to be hypocritical and talk like the average PC DIYers are so clueless they don't know what TDP their CPUs are running at...or that they can't read reviews before buying something :rolleyes:

History is full of examples of just that, and really, the average PC DIY job is a complete learning process from beginning to end, for most average PC DIY'ers.

So yes, some clarity would certainly be nice.

Last edited:
System Name ASUS TUF F15
Processor Intel Core i5-10300H
Motherboard ASUS FX506LHB
Cooling Laptop built-in cooling lol
Memory 24GB @ 2933 Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel UHD & Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile
Storage WD Black SN770 NVMe 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Dell 27 4K Monitor S2721QS; Samsung Odyssey G55 Curved 2K 144 Hz LC27G55TQWRXEN
Audio Device(s) LOGITECH 2.1-channel
Power Supply ASUS 180W PSU (from more powerful ASUS TUF DASH F15 lol)
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL
Software Windows 11 Pro
Anecdotal but my 12900K system is the smoothest and most responsive system I have ever had, this includes my previous 10900K and 3900X machines, So i guess the E-Cores are doing a good job at background tasks.
how about cooling 3900X vs 12900K, for example. I've had 3900X cooled EZ by a simple Dark Rock cooler (even not pro lol). Now let's put it on this 12900K "hot cupcake" LMFAO
So yes, definitely doubling 10900K hypothetically or 3900X would give you same responsiveness. You don't consider 12900K way more power hungry and hot lol.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
how about cooling 3900X vs 12900K, for example. I've had 3900X cooled EZ by a simple Dark Rock cooler (even not pro lol). Now let's put it on this 12900K "hot cupcake" LMFAO
So yes, definitely doubling 10900K hypothetically or 3900X would give you same responsiveness. You don't consider 12900K way more power hungry and hot lol.
people mistake the reported temperatures for heat output

A 5800x can run off a 120mm cooler at 80c, and run that same 80c on a custom loop - that's hot therefore its outputting lots of heat! (100-140W range, PBO depending)
But then a 350W CPU that reports 60C because it's easier to transfer heat from, that ones 'cold' and therefore good

These are the same people that think a fan cools a room, and it's very frustrating the lack of common sicentific knowledge out there at times

I've had my 5800x, 5800x3D and 3700x all run off my dark rock slim at various times and honestly, i'd just have bought more of them if I wasn't sponsored the Alphacool parts - the temperature difference is small enough that the heat from the 3090 likely makes the CPU hotter than if it was on that small air cooler

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.

A 5800x can run off a 120mm cooler at 80c, and run that same 80c on a custom loop - that's hot therefore its outputting lots of heat! (100-140W range, PBO depending)
But then a 350W CPU that reports 60C because it's easier to transfer heat from, that ones 'cold' and therefore good

These are the same people that think a fan cools a room, and it's very frustrating the lack of common sicentific knowledge out there at times

I've had my 5800x, 5800x3D and 3700x all run off my dark rock slim at various times and honestly, i'd just have bought more of them if I wasn't sponsored the Alphacool parts - the temperature difference is small enough that the heat from the 3090 likely makes the CPU hotter than if it was on that small air cooler
There's also heat transfer. Just one example: My be quiet! Silent Loop 2 dumped a lot of heat into the environment with the i7-11700 at 90 °C, but it's cold to the touch with the R7 7700X at 90 °C. Note that both CPUs report the same core temperature. Both CPUs consume around the 140 W mark when fully stressed. The difference is how much of that heat is transferred to the cooler, and from the cooler to the atmosphere.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Intel is much easier to cool cause of better heat transfer. How is that still disputable, lol

There's also heat transfer. Just one example: My be quiet! Silent Loop 2 dumped a lot of heat into the environment with the i7-11700 at 90 °C, but it's cold to the touch with the R7 7700X at 90 °C. Note that both CPUs report the same core temperature. Both CPUs consume around the 140 W mark when fully stressed. The difference is how much of that heat is transferred to the cooler, and from the cooler to the atmosphere.
That is literally impossible. If both cpus consume 140w then they both produce the same amount of heat.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
That is literally impossible. If both cpus consume 140w then they both produce the same amount of heat.
Feel free to drop by and see for yourself. I also wouldn't believe it if I didn't experience it first-hand. As to why it happens, my only guess is that smaller chiplets are worse at transferring heat to the IHS and cooler compared to larger, monolithic dies.

Another weird difference is that the 7700X cools back to idle temp almost straight after the work is finished while the 11700 needs a minute or two (the warmer liquid within the cooler needs to cool down first, I guess).

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Feel free to drop by and see for yourself. I also wouldn't believe it if I didn't experience it first-hand. As to why it happens, my only guess is that smaller chiplets are worse at transferring heat to the IHS and cooler compared to larger, monolithic dies.

Another weird difference is that the 7700X cools back to idle temp almost straight after the work is finished while the 11700 needs a minute or two (the warmer liquid within the cooler needs to cool down first, I guess).
Your guess is wrong. Yes, smaller chiplets are worse at heat transfer, but the heat doesn't remain on the chip, if it did then your temps wouldn't be similar as youve previously mentioned. Worse heat transfer means that the CPU will be in higher temperature in order to transfer the same amount of wattage to the cooler compared to a CPU that has better heat transfer.

The only explanation assuming what you are saying is true is that your motherboard misreports wattages.

Software Windows 10 Pro
The only explanation assuming what you are saying is true is that your motherboard misreports wawattages.
Maybe. With the classic Ryzen "power reporting deviation" value gone from AM5's sensors, and I'm not sure how it works on Intel, the only way to check would be to measure directly at the EPS connectors, which I can't do, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 185158

These are vastly different processors to compare.

Time to heat or cool is the thermal gradient.

I guess depending on where you measure, and or where the sensor location happens to be, could make a difference.

Package or core temps??

Software Windows 10 Pro
These are vastly different processors to compare.

Time to heat or cool is the thermal gradient.

I guess depending on where you measure, and or where the sensor location happens to be, could make a difference.

Package or core temps??
Package. Sensor location is a good point, I never thought about that as a variable.

D

Deleted member 185158

Package. Sensor location is a good point, I never thought about that as a variable.

Package temp could be motherboard socket vs IHS plate temp, which either would be an off die temp reading.

IHS plates are a lot different too. So the gradient would differ. Speaking of course surface area.. time of dissipation and gradient between idle and max temp.

Either way, 140w would be low for a 14nm Intel chip at load depending on clocks and vcore. But perfectly capable of 300w dissipation at its peak frequencies.

System Name ASUS TUF F15
Processor Intel Core i5-10300H
Motherboard ASUS FX506LHB
Cooling Laptop built-in cooling lol
Memory 24GB @ 2933 Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel UHD & Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile
Storage WD Black SN770 NVMe 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Dell 27 4K Monitor S2721QS; Samsung Odyssey G55 Curved 2K 144 Hz LC27G55TQWRXEN
Audio Device(s) LOGITECH 2.1-channel
Power Supply ASUS 180W PSU (from more powerful ASUS TUF DASH F15 lol)
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL
Software Windows 11 Pro

3700X is not so "hot" CPU. 5800X, especially it's "overpriced" variant, is.

Fan doesn't cool a room, but it's comfortable to sit with fan blowing at you room air fast enough to you feel some "chill".

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
You're correct - I believe the unspoken part there was that the AMD CPU uses less wattage, so it produces less heat. He specifically said "at 90C, it outputs less heat" which is correct.

3700X is not so "hot" CPU. 5800X, especially it's "overpriced" variant, is.

Fan doesn't cool a room, but it's comfortable to sit with fan blowing at you room air fast enough to you feel some "chill".
3700x is a 65W-88W CPU split over two core CPU dies, 5800x and 5800x3D are 105-142W over a single die.

That's about as extreme a comparison as you can make, and a ridiculous one when the 5800x3D is going to use less power gaming than the 3700x due to it being massively more efficient.

Also, you proved my point that you have no idea how cooling works. A fan does nothing except move air, it does not lower temperatures of the air it moves. A fan blowing the hot air in my oven provides zero "chill"

Lei

Processor 3900x - Bykski waterblock
Motherboard MSI b450m mortar max BIOS Date 27 Apr 2023
Cooling αcool 560 rad - 2xPhanteks F140XP
Memory Micron 32gb 3200mhz ddr4
Video Card(s) Colorful 3090 ADOC active backplate cooling
Storage WD SN850 2tb ,HP EX950 1tb, WD UltraStar Helioseal 18tb+18tb
Display(s) 24“ HUION pro 4k 10bit
Case aluminium extrusions copper panels, 60 deliveries for every piece down to screws
Audio Device(s) sony stereo mic, logitech c930, Gulikit pro 2 + xbox Series S controller, moded bt headphone 1200mAh
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse pen display, no mouse no click
Keyboard Microsoft aio media embedded touchpad (moded lithium battery 1000mAh)
Software Win 11 23h2 build 22631
Benchmark Scores cine23 20000
Also, you proved my point that you have no idea how cooling works. A fan does nothing except move air, it does not lower temperatures of the air it moves. A fan blowing the hot air in my oven provides zero "chill"
barack obama yes GIF by Obama

That's why we can't use fan to cool ourselves if ambient temp is near 40°C

Fan can only move the hot air away from your skin, not blowing air which hypothetically would be cooler than ambient.
In other words: your skin makes the air around you warmer than ambient. Fan kicks it away and brings you down to ambient again.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Correct
A fan does nothing except move air, it does not lower temperatures of the air it moves.
Correct

But moving air does cool an object more quickly than stationary air/convection. When air < object ºC

Just as moving air in an oven does heat an object more quickly than stationary air/convection. When air > object ºC

D

Deleted member 185158

You're correct - I believe the unspoken part there was that the AMD CPU uses less wattage, so it produces less heat. He specifically said "at 90C, it outputs less heat" which is correct.

3700x is a 65W-88W CPU split over two core CPU dies, 5800x and 5800x3D are 105-142W over a single die.

That's about as extreme a comparison as you can make, and a ridiculous one when the 5800x3D is going to use less power gaming than the 3700x due to it being massively more efficient.

Lol what??

90c is just the temp reading.

Meaning the cooler is Not dissipating well 140w.

If the same cpu is 140w, but the temp is 80c, the cooler is dissipating heat better.

If your Tcase temp is oven hot, give up on PCs and find a different hobby.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
The objective of moving even hot air is to try and stay close as possible to that room/ ambient air temperature.