• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trying to update vbios on strix 3080

Using the latest updater file from Asus' website.

My motherboard has all compatibility and options enabled. I updated the vbios on an older MSI ventus 3080 without issues and had rebar running on that one.

With this newer Strix 3080, however, asus updater does what seems to be like nothing. When I run it the green progress bar just keeps loading up then resetting. I let it run for llike 10min before closing and got a "updater failed, try again later" Tried again, same results.

I figured I can manually do it with NVflash but I've never used that before. Not sure where id get the actual vbios file on its own. When extracting the file from Asus updater I see a bunch of rom files there and the nvflasher the updater uses but idk what is what.

Any insight or tips would be appreciated,

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
ASUS Strix 3080 BIOS update is a RAR SFX file. You can try to extract it manually with WinRAR and then run UpdateVBIOS.exe as administrator.

If it doesn't work, run GPU-Z and post here the current VBIOS version is flashed on this card.

ASUS Strix 3080 BIOS update is a RAR SFX file. You can try to extract it manually with WinRAR and then run UpdateVBIOS.exe as administrator.

If it doesn't work, run GPU-Z and post here the current VBIOS version is flashed on this card.
Just tried it, still keeps looping doing nothing it seems

1637543188409.png

When closing it, I get this

1637543221366.png

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
First reboot to ensure nothing was flashed. Then download GPU-Z, go to Advanced tab, select NVIDIA BIOS and post a screenshot here.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
According to the ASUS updater, the correct BIOS file for your card is 94.02.42.00.AS61.rom.

You can try to flash it manually from command prompt.

Run cmd.exe with administrator privileges and navigate to the folder where you put the extracted files:

CD C:\Fullpath\

***If the folder is C:\Users\David\Downloads\New folder use "CD C:\Users\David\Downloads\New folder\"***

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash --6 94.02.42.00.AS61.rom