• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TS Newbie needs haaaalp

Cccruise1993

Newbie with an Asus GL531GV with a i7-9750h and RTX 2060. Im undervolting with TS and just need guidance.
The screen shot should show everything relevant. On 7680 i had a total of 1 error, but reran all three again with 0 errors?
Whats the differences between the 120/960/7680?

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
What's the differences between the 120/960/7680?
The bigger tests use more memory and run longer.

Your screenshot shows that you are testing with Turbo Boost disabled. Your undervolt settings look normal for a 9750H. When you disable turbo boost and slow the CPU down, you might have to undervolt less to be 100% stable.

1 Error in the 7680M test is reasonable. I like 0 Errors because I like being 100% stable. You are probably right on the edge of stability. If you are worried about a single error during this test, set the cache offset to -85 mV and test again.

Cccruise1993

The disabled turbo was just to let the temps drop while I was afk, I didn't run the tests with turbo disabled. I ran the test twice more and had zero errors.
I was actually able to push the core to -.2 stable but dropped it back just a little because i didnt notice any improvements in thermal.
Its my first time really sitting down and doing my undervolts and over clocks with a fresh reformat and drivers so i wanted to have some with more exp verify. :D

Im looking into a 30 series laptop as an upgrade since i spend most of my time offshore. I almost tempted to try and flash my bios to boost gpu voltage above 90w to get a little more clock speed