• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TSMC to Stop Orders from Huawei in September

System Name Mr. Obsolete| Ms. Old
Processor Intel Core i5 3570K | Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Asus Maximus VIII Gene
Cooling DeepCool GAMMAXX 120 | Coolermaster i7C
Memory Kingston HyperX 1866 16GB (8x2) | Kingston HyperX 2400 16GB (8x2)
Video Card(s) Asus TUF GTX 1650 Super | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1050Ti
Storage Intel 330 180GB + WD Blue 1TB | ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) ASUS VZ239HE | ASUS VZ239HR
Case Silverstone SG13B | Silverstone PS15B
Audio Device(s) On-Board Realtek ALC898 + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | ROG SupremeFX 2015 + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3
Power Supply FSP SFX PRO 450 | Seasonic S12-III 500
Software Windows 10 Home
The information War enters a new chapter.

Yeah, for better or for worse... it remains to be seen.

I wonder who will win what at the end. If there'll ever be an end...

There is no end to this... China may never be at par (at least maybe in short to medium term) but it surely is making itself trying to be independent from the west (which for me is a wise move).

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Forcing a state-sponsored (at least, favoured) company, with a huge domestic revenue and an already impressive IP of communications technology to 'adapt' even more might be counter-productive in the long run. Watch SMIC become a monster...

Sure, China has a lot of IP issues at the moment and if they sincerely want to make this world a better place not just for their citizens but for the world altogether, then they seriously need to do more flexing of muscles to fix their tarnished image. The west should also stop portraying China as the great evil as I think China is only doing what they think is needed for their motherland to survive and thrive (to be fair, all sovereign nation will act this way - just like the great west - so isn't that unfair to deny them such when the west did or has been doing the same thing)... yes, the west had these kind of times dating back a hundred years ago or more. IP issues are not just an issue with China, it's just that now it is their time to shine (or shame depends on the context). The west had their share in the history already.

Many in the west probably would brush it off as nothing. In reality, this would create a huge silicon power independent of western tech in the long run. I can’t think of any long term consequences yet. At the very least it means humanity as a whole is getting more choices

Not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". Indeed more choices for everyone but the west will do anything not to be dislodged from its position. China is really a threat in all fronts - for better or for worse. West's demolition in all fronts won't kill them, it will only make them stronger. China can be like Japan or Korea then but now are great powerhouses. Remember, Japan used to be the west's great enemy.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
He was explaining the article to you, yes. It seems futile though, I'm guessing?
Yes, I like to breeze in, breeze out, K.I.S.S. kind of guy, if I wanted in depth boredom, there's already a number of members here capable of thatzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". Indeed more choices for everyone but the west will do anything not to be dislodged from its position. China is really a threat in all fronts - for better or for worse. West's demolition in all fronts won't kill them, it will only make them stronger. China can be like Japan or Korea then but now are great powerhouses. Remember, Japan used to be the west's great enemy.
If it's even a goal of China to become like South Korea or Japan. Many people are still missing the point that China is a totalitarian country. I don't think they will be real allies with anyone until this fundamentally changes. And they will not do anything that might hurt their power, even if the rest of the world is pushing them in the opposite direction. If you're talking 50-100 years in the future after a big revolution, maybe.

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
The information War enters a new chapter.

i see it like a territorial war soon as China will never recognize Taiwan as independent state; they clearly stated that will do anything for reunification...