• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tt eSports Announces the Nemesis Switch Gaming Mouse

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Tt eSports, Thermaltake's gaming peripherals division, has announced their new take on what an RGB, MOBA or MMO-oriented mouse should deliver. The Nemesis Switch Gaming Mouse features, as its distinguishing feature, a patented switch system that allows for the customization of up to 12 switch keys. Eight of those are available straight away on the left-hand side of the mouse, with four additional keys being hidden inside the mouse.

"But what good are they for if they're hidden and thus inaccessible?", you ask? That's a good question. That's where the patented system comes in: you simply push the panel where the eight side keys are held, and like magic, four other keys come from inside the mouse. Due to this lever system, you'll certainly lose time with the mechanism rolling inside the mouse and exposing either set of keys, so maybe you should take care which actions you configure these extra four keys with. The twelve macro-supporting programmable buttons are configured by Thermaltake's Tt eSports Plus+ mobile and PC application. The Tt eSports Plus+ app also stores activity logs, performance statistics, and other information.

Hardware-wise, this is a pretty regular rodent by today's standards. It features a Pixart PMW-3360 12,000 DPI optical sensor; the ubiquitous Omron switches that grant a 50-million-click life cycle, and on-the-fly DPI adjustment. The braided mouse cable leverages a USB 2.0 connection and comes in at 1.8 m length. There's a customizable three-zone RGB backlighting system capable of displaying 16.8 million colors. There are also two lighting modes available: Pulse, which is a sort of breathing light, and Game mode, which is a little shadier in how it works. The Nemesis Switch can store up to five player profiles with unique macro, DPI, and lighting effect settings. Expect the Nemesis Switch to be available for around $50 in Q3 of this year.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I think theres someting wrong on TT eSport design team ... owning a G600, and I know that buttons in that position are bad.

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
I think theres someting wrong on TT eSport design team ... owning a G600, and I know that buttons in that position are bad.
The Logitech G600's side pad is not that bad (certainly better than the Razer Naga), but it seems mostly made for palm-gripping. The contours on the pad make the upper half of the pad hard to reach when claw-gripping. The Corsair Scimitar (Pro) seems to have the most accessible side buttons among the "12-button side pad" mouses because the buttons are flat but textured (the adjustable pad distance also helps). The Scimitar lacks the scroll wheel tilt buttons though. I wonder if that's a Logitech signature or something since I don't see other mice with it.

Agreed that the TT eSport design team is off with this design.

Well, G600 has some some nice features, like the 3th right-click button ( G-shift ) that comes very handy when you get accustomized with ( i use it alot!).
the sensor is bad.. very bad...
on side buttons, even with diferent position of the buttons-block .... 12-buttons are too much imo, After using for a while ... my thumb only easily press 6 buttons, the 7 and 8 needs some "attention" to press... the rest I have to reposition my hand to press them... so not very good.
Yeah the scroll tilt buttons are great! my g400s doesn't have it. so I think that are for "mmo" type of mouse's.
In the end G600 is not for everyones palm size ( its big!) and playstyle... but with some adjustments from logitech it could be a great mouse for Work and MMO Gaming.
( I use it to play Warframe mainly, and Web surfing )

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I do want more buttons close by, but adding button pads on a mouse never stuck with me.

Guess it takes more getting used to, because I do kinda need it... still looking for that mouse that treads the fine line between comfortable and flexible.

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
Well, G600 has some some nice features, like the 3th right-click button ( G-shift ) that comes very handy when you get accustomized with ( i use it alot!).
the sensor is bad.. very bad...
on side buttons, even with diferent position of the buttons-block .... 12-buttons are too much imo, After using for a while ... my thumb only easily press 6 buttons, the 7 and 8 needs some "attention" to press... the rest I have to reposition my hand to press them... so not very good.
Yeah the scroll tilt buttons are great! my g400s doesn't have it. so I think that are for "mmo" type of mouse's.
In the end G600 is not for everyones palm size ( its big!) and playstyle... but with some adjustments from logitech it could be a great mouse for Work and MMO Gaming.
( I use it to play Warframe mainly, and Web surfing )
I too can only normally get about 6 buttons comfortably, 7 or 8 with mild effort. I get easily access 9 buttons and the last 3 with some effort if I palm-grip but that's not my preferred grip style (and it's hard to palm-grip on such a large mouse!). The side buttons seem to be made for MMORPGs and other games with a similar control scheme (Neverwinter Nights, Titan Quest, etc.) so I can see why there would be 12 side buttons. But the G-shift helps you get 12 buttons if you can only reach 6 of them so not too bad (the 6 you can reach + those same 6 with G-shift). I really think Logitech could've removed that "bump" in the middle of the pad caused by the two middle row of buttons facing opposite directions. It's an obstacle for my thumb movements sliding up and down the pad. Maybe they'd consider making a "G600s" or something... they've done something similar with their other mice (e.g. G700 -> G700s).

Also, the first-generation G600 mice had a defect in their sensors that caused the pointer to jump. If you have one, you should be able to get an exchange from Logitech. The easiest way to find out if you have one is via the Logitech Gaming Software. If your G600 cannot take firmware updates, then you have an older defective G600. That old issue aside, a new updated G600 with one of those fancy new optical sensors would be nice too.

Thinking about all this, this Tt eSports Nemesis Switch design might be smarter than I thought. If most people don't need 12 buttons, then only 8 buttons being readily accessible should be fine. I don't know how many of those 8 are easily reachable but I guess I'll try one out when it's available in stores.

I too can only normally get about 6 buttons comfortably, 7 or 8 with mild effort. I get easily access 9 buttons and the last 3 with some effort if I palm-grip but that's not my preferred grip style (and it's hard to palm-grip on such a large mouse!). The side buttons seem to be made for MMORPGs and other games with a similar control scheme (Neverwinter Nights, Titan Quest, etc.) so I can see why there would be 12 side buttons. But the G-shift helps you get 12 buttons if you can only reach 6 of them so not too bad (the 6 you can reach + those same 6 with G-shift). I really think Logitech could've removed that "bump" in the middle of the pad caused by the two middle row of buttons facing opposite directions. It's an obstacle for my thumb movements sliding up and down the pad. Maybe they'd consider making a "G600s" or something... they've done something similar with their other mice (e.g. G700 -> G700s).

Also, the first-generation G600 mice had a defect in their sensors that caused the pointer to jump. If you have one, you should be able to get an exchange from Logitech. The easiest way to find out if you have one is via the Logitech Gaming Software. If your G600 cannot take firmware updates, then you have an older defective G600. That old issue aside, a new updated G600 with one of those fancy new optical sensors would be nice too.

Thinking about all this, this Tt eSports Nemesis Switch design might be smarter than I thought. If most people don't need 12 buttons, then only 8 buttons being readily accessible should be fine. I don't know how many of those 8 are easily reachable but I guess I'll try one out when it's available in stores.

yeah I have one from the first gen G600, unfortunately I've lost the invoice from it, and Logitech needs that for the replacement. I did found a workarround for the pointer jump, so i didn't replaced...