• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TT Riing RGB Fans Connection Mechanism

System Name ----- The batMAN CAR -----
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard ROG Z170 Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52, Thermaltake Riing RGB 3X120mm, 1X140mm
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8GBx2 DDR4 @3.2Ghz
Video Card(s) AORUS XTREME GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X
Storage Intel 600p 256gb SSD + WD Blue 1TB + Toshiba 2TB
Display(s) ROG STRIX XG32VQ 32inch 1440P@144HZ
Case NZXT Noctis 450 (Black+Red)
Audio Device(s) On Board Chip
Power Supply Cooler Master V850
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus SPECTRUM
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
Software Windows 10 PRO x64
Benchmark Scores Unigine Heaven@1440p FPS: 175.5 Score: 4422 Min FPS: 16.5 Max FPS: 347.6 (Cpu@Stock+Gpu@Stock)
Hi Good People,
Thermaltake Riing RGB fans are came with one fan & one PWM controller. The connection mechanism is,
1. Controller 4 Pin (Female) connector connects with Main Board CPU Fan Header 4 Pin (Male).
2. The RGB Fans has 5 Pin (Female) connector & connects with the Controller 5Pin (Male).
This is how the TT Riing RGB does work.
I want to use Riing RGB fans on my Kraken X52 Radiator. My problem is,

1. when I follow the above mentioned procedure (Fan-Controller-CPU Fan Header), I can not control the fan speed through BIOS or from NZXT CAM software.

2. But if I ditch the controller and directly connect 5Pin Fan with 4 Pin CPU Fan Header, then I can not control the RGB. Yes It does make sense I know as cpu fan header does have 4 pin only instead of 5pin.

Now I want to know if there is any way so that I can control both RGB & Fan Speed.

D

Deleted member 67555

Not through cam...
It only works through the provided controller...
There are now 4 types of TT RGB fans..
RGB 5pin... Only works with provided controller hub.
9 pin RGB premium works with Asus, MSI and gigabyte 3pin Mobo RGB controller through TT premium controller hub with TT software

RGB plus and RGB premium Plus 9 pin works with any Mobo with a USB header through provided TT fan hub with Mobo RGB software

If you plug the hub into the CPU it will follow CPU pwm speeds.

It will follow the pwm of whatever it is plugged in to..
For multiple hubs they sell a wire for $10 so that you can match colors from hubs and t will still follow the pwm that reach hub is plugged into

Last edited by a moderator: