• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Turbo Ratio Limits not working on i5-7300HQ (W11)

CosmoOsmo

Hi everyone! Just discovered this program and I've started tinkering with it. I've undervolted both CPU Core and Cache and managed to lower the temperatures but I wanted to see if I could also change something with the turbo ratios.
Normally, when 1 core is used the ratio can go up to 35, but when all 4 cores are used the CPU runs at 31x but I've seen that I can raise it up until 35, which I did.
The settings have been applied and saved but when doing a Benchmark (with throttlstop) the ratio remains fixed to 31, why is that?

Thanks to everyone in advance! I'm adding some screenshots to better explain everything :)

Attachments

• atios.png
    atios.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 101
  • benchmark.png
    benchmark.png
    65 KB · Views: 98
  • normal.png
    normal.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 96

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@CosmoOsmo - You need an unlocked K series CPU to run an all core overclock. The 7300HQ does not have this ability.
ThrottleStop lists the default maximum multipliers for your CPU. Using ThrottleStop to set these values higher than the default values will be ignored by the CPU.

The 31 multiplier when all 4 cores are active is as good as it gets.

1633640251704.png