• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Two GTX 690 PLX-related questions

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
I'm currently working on updating my PNY GTX 690 with UEFI support. I found a tool supposedly from Inno3D that allows you to do that, and after confirming with Inno3D that it is in fact from them, I'm going to use it. I've hit a snag though. Note that my card reports NVidia being the subvendor - it's the same for MSI, Galax, Zotac, ASUS, etc. cards as far as I'm aware.

The GTX 690, being a dual-GPU card, has a PLX switch on board. A PEX8747 switch. This allows both GK104 dies to have "full" PCIe 3.0 16x connectivity. To give the 690 full UEFI support, I'll need to flash three files - two for the GPU dies, and one for the PLX switch.
I can flash the GTX 690 dies fine, but I can't access the PLX switch at all - not through nvflash, not through the tool, not through GPU-Z, etc. I can't see the PLX switch at all. The only reason I know it exists is because I saw it on the PCB.
I also don't know how I would go about flashing a new BIOS file to it. Would I have to buy a CH341A or similar programmer, tear the card down, clip it on to the PLX ROM, and flash it that way? Or is there a piece of software that can do it that I can't find?
This brings me to my other question - where is the UEFI-supporting PLX ROM/module? I can't find it.

Why UEFI support? I'd like to turn off CSM. I don't need it to boot Windows anymore as I had to reinstall as GPT (my old install was MBR, upgraded from W7), and the only thing limiting me is my graphics cards. Turning off CSM will also fix the weird resolution I get while running OpenCanopy, the GUI for OpenCore (I Hackintoshed my computer). It's scaled weird and doesn't look right, and turning off CSM does fix this.

EDIT:
If you need more info I'm happy to provide, if possible.