• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

U.S. Hikes Tariffs on Electronics Imports from China by 2.5 Times

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Sorry bud the math doesn't add up :wtf:

Also Chinese consumers won't replace the US middle class anytime soon.

You say that, but the US middle class is living on debt while the Chinese middle class is on the rise (and the demand for luxuries is growing very fast over there) so you are looking at a stagnant/declining market versus a growth market. If the US wants to import a lot less, and get it from their own soil instead, that also means cost will go up which means the average household is not capable of buying as much as they used to do.

It doesn't take much in economy classes to see which is more promising. And that doesn't even consider the difference in size. China's got pretty damn many people.

I know its old, but

Still good :)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
You say that, but the US middle class is living on debt while the Chinese middle class is on the rise (and the demand for luxuries is growing very fast over there) so you are looking at a stagnant/declining market versus a growth market. If the US wants to import a lot less, and get it from their own soil instead, that also means cost will go up which means the average household is not capable of buying as much as they used to do.

It doesn't take much in economy classes to see which is more promising. And that doesn't even consider the difference in size. China's got pretty damn many people.

Don't forget China has a social points based system now too, so if they can trade that instead of currency as incentive to their citizens, to push them certain ways on some things. They banned several million Chinese from travelling due to bad social credit. I imagine this system will gain in power and influence in the long term. I foresee it even being a form of currency for them, forced building of whatever China wants (nuclear power plants, certain industries, etc) and they will be able to incentive with social credits. It's going to be a long term smart move for them, when Xi Jinping says I want more nuclear power plants to be built, they get built at the snap of a finger. America still has lead in its water in a lot of places in comparison, lol greed and envy rule the contractors, so instead of competition lowering contract bids, the few companies left are on cahoots together and refuse to go below a certain point because they know how easy it is to scam now when bidding on large projects. California couldn't even finish a single high speed rail line... and they are the most advanced state in the country... lol -China has a bunch being built right now for fraction of the cost.

China's long term will be very very good. They already stole enough RnD to last them a long time, no one can touch them, the tariffs are hardly a slap in the face to them, Xi Jinping knows what he is doing, trust me haha

I still prefer living in America, I am just saying, long term folks. ;p

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Don't forget China has a social points based system now too, so if they can trade that instead of currency as incentive to their citizens, to push them certain ways on some things. They banned several million Chinese from travelling due to bad social credit. I imagine this system will gain in power and influence in the long term. I foresee it even being a form of currency for them, forced building of whatever China wants (nuclear power plants, certain industries, etc) and they will be able to incentive with social credits. It's going to be a long term smart move for them, when Xi Jinping says I want more nuclear power plants to be built, they get built at the snap of a finger. America still has lead in its water in a lot of places in comparison, lol greed and envy rule the contractors, so instead of competition lowering contract bids, the few companies left are on cahoots together and refuse to go below a certain point because they know how easy it is to scam now when bidding on large projects. California couldn't even finish a single high speed rail line... and they are the most advanced state in the country... lol -China has a bunch being built right now for fraction of the cost.

China's long term will be very very good. They already stole enough RnD to last them a long time, no one can touch them, the tariffs are hardly a slap in the face to them, Xi Jinping knows what he is doing, trust me haha

The problem with that outlook is the population. Social credit system and (effectively) oppression of both body and mind has historically shown not to last very long. That is especially true in todays' global village. Effectively what you have in China is also a democracy of sorts. Today a majority benefits from the current system, and the poor can look up at a new middle class for something to strive for. There is also a somewhat rigid form of equality in China, although geography plays a major role (but it doesn't have a caste/class system as strict as for example India does), so opportunity exists for many. I think if Xi pushes things a bit too far, this can turn around quickly. Another aspect that cannot be ignored is 'the price of progress'. Chinese cities are major smog hubs with extremely poor air quality and lower life expectancy, while in the countryside there is simply nothing to go to for many miles. This doesn't sit well with the population either, I'm sure.

After all, you only live once and what use is working hard if you die at early age. Wealth is measured by a quality of life, and that's more than money. The Chinese are now figuring that out and there's already a push for more responsible use of the planet, its all connected.

We've already seen many examples of how afraid the regime is for any sort of internal conflict, and that fear is justified. It requires just one man in front of a tank to change the perception of many...

On our 'Western/democractic' end we have a different situation. We have the advantage of flexibility, it is one of the cornerstones of democracy. It changes along with the will of the people. Perhaps not always as fast as we'd like, but still. It changes and is open to change.

(see sig :p)

Last edited:

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

California is crippled by spending too many tax dollars on Social Welfare programs. They are not advanced in that regard.

From most news sources Chinese people are not content with the current state of affairs. They aren't laying down under tanks right now to protest but things could escalate if the tariffs cause economic hardship.

I don't know about economy classes but I do know why China is building the OBOR at a cost exceeding $1 trillion at the top end of the estimate! I think I said this before, the Chinese economy is built on a model which relies on exports. In fact exports are so lopsided, needed for growth, that their internal consumption will never truly replace that part of the economy ever. Of course this assumes China wants to grow at least around 5~6% for the foreseeable future. If they're happy with US levels of growth I'm sure internal consumption can replace exports as the engine of economy gradually. They will eventually transition to more services driven exports but that's a long term plan.

D

Deleted member 158293

The market decides what happens, much more so than any geo-political or oppressive military interventions. Countries with a solid infrastructural foundations
and sound monetary systems naturally have a big advantage on the international scene.

Interesting times ahead indeed.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
In Europe the taxes are way over 50%, so US guys...chill out. ;)

In Europe the taxes are way over 50%, so US guys...chill out. ;)

Out of fuel I don't remember any other product which would have priced that over 50% of it is taxes. Normal VAT is 19-25%(depending on the country and yeah there's lowered VAT for foods etc.) + possible tariffs(depending on the product).

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Any country that manufactures and sells more goods than it buys makes money which is in turn good for their economy.
Any country that buys more goods than it sells has it's economy suffer in comparison.

Wages paid in China are way below what the American worker gets paid for the same basic job lowering manufaturing costs for them.

Even if it's goods are sold for a lower price the manufacturer in China still makes money vs the ones here that pays employees more and will sell more simply due to the lower selling price - Maybe not per unit sold but in volume and it doesn't have to be as much in volume as you'd think due to the decreased price to make per unit.

Also consider that in China the conditions which workers are made to live under vs here - You either have a job or you will have one soon.
You don't show up for work one day, they will on your doorstep and make it happen.

This equals a form of slavery and they can produce the manufacturing volume because of it, no off days, holidays, sick days or anything else - Just more work (Sacrifice) each and everyday without end.

China has planned this for decades and is in for the long haul, I can guarantee the majority of stuff found most anywhere in the world on a store shelf now has "Made in China" on it somewhere for good reason.

China plays by a different set of rules in business, social and moral in nature, they do steal tech and whatever else they can and exploit it to the fullest.... It's just what they do because that's how they do it.
And it's been working.

The need to take action to slow or even stop this has been long overdue and I'm glad to see Trump taking action in some form at least because no one else ever has before.

Also consider that in China the conditions which workers are made to live under vs here - You either have a job or you will have one soon.
You don't show up for work one day, they will on your doorstep and make it happen.

This equals a form of slavery and they can produce the manufacturing volume because of it, no off days, holidays, sick days or anything else - Just more work (Sacrifice) each and everyday without end.

China has planned this for decades and is in for the long haul, I can guarantee the majority of stuff found most anywhere in the world on a store shelf now has "Made in China" on it somewhere for good reason.

China plays by a different set of rules in business, social and moral in nature, they do steal tech and whatever else they can and exploit it to the fullest.... It's just what they do because that's how they do it.
And it's been working.

The need to take action to slow or even stop this has been long overdue and I'm glad to see Trump taking action in some form at least because no one else ever has before.
You can't blame this all on China, you asked for it ~ you got it! How can a T shirt shipped from half way across the world be cheaper than something made in USA? It's because you wanted dollar stores, cheap electronics, cheap gas, cheap everything! What's the avg resource consumption of an American as compared to a Chinese, or worse sub Sahara Africans? If you ask me a lot of the developing world is paying through their sleep, sweat, blood & tears to ensure that much of the West stays clean, prosperous & gets to enjoy their luxuries which the vast majority of the third world can ill afford!

If you're pointing a finger at China you have four pointing towards you! Stop expending so much gas, stop buying stuff that's useless after a use or two, stop expecting cheap things when the "resource cost" of such products far exceeds what you'd get if Made in USA ~ even at a much higher price! If you can't restrain your urges then you have no right to blame others, the US exploited WTO to get this globalization gig going. Now granted China is doing the same & exploiting it arguably to a much worse degree, however it's a two-way street & no one's blameless in this real life Game of Thrones!

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7

BS poll from a proven Anti-Trump entity.
TBH, same kind of poll can be taken from a Pro-Trump entity and the results would be competely flipped.

Depends on who was asked the question and I can promise you these kind of polls have a target demographic to ask them to for getting the desired results according to who's doing the asking.

You can't blame this all on China, you asked for it ~ you got it! How can a T shirt shipped from half way across the world be cheaper than something made in USA? It's because you wanted dollar stores cheap electronics, cheap gas, cheap everything! What the avg resource consumption of an American as compared to a Chinese, or worse sub Sahara Africans? If you ask me a lot of the developing world is paying through their sleep, sweat, blood & tears to ensure that much of the West stays clean, prosperous & gets to enjoy their luxuries which the vast majority of the third world can ill afford!

If you're pointing a finger at China you have four pointing towards you! Stop expending so much gas, stop buying stuff that's useless after a use or two, stop expecting cheap things when the "resource cost" of such products far exceeds what you'd get if Made in USA ~ even at a much higher price! If you can't restrain your urges then you have no right to blame others, the US exploited WTO to get this globalization gig going. Now granted China is doing the same & exploiting it arguably to a much worse degree, however it's a two-way street & no one blameless in this real life Game of Thrones!

Applies as a society/country but not in a personal way to anyone except for those with the power to make those decisions. You made a few good points along the same lines I did and it's really sad.... And true.
All I did was to tell it the way it's been for decades now.

Would be personally relevant IF I were the one in charge of what was made where but I'm not.

Last edited:
BS poll from a proven Anti-Trump entity.
TBH, same kind of poll can be taken from a Pro-Trump entity and the results would be competely flipped.

Depends on who was asked the question and I can promise you these kind of polls have a target demographic to ask them to for getting the desired results according to who's doing the asking.

Applies as a society/country but not in a personal way to anyone except for those with the power to make those decisions. You made a few good points along the same lines I did and it's really sad.... And true.
All I did was to tell it the way it's been for decades now.

Would be personally relevant IF I were the one in charge of what was made where but I'm not.
Show me an American that isnt in the 1% that isnt always stressed out about there incomes. Even retirees are worried and there is a class that should feel secure. Not everything is propaganda.
Maybe I should change that, even Peter Thiel has a bug out house in New Zealand.

Last edited:
System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q + AOC 19'
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
As a buyer, anyone has the power to change those decisions.
Just don't change your iPhones every 6 months.

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
All this before the new consoles come out. A lot of PC components are from Taiwan or South Korea, but some are from China. Including the game consoles, prebuilt computers, accessories. What we may end up seeing is cheaper or less capable goods rather than the same goods at a higher price. They will aim to get the same profit margins by cutting corners. I for one think this is horrible policy and Trump is wrong when he says China is paying for it. They may be trying to dull the impact a bit, but you can't hide an artificial 25% hike.

It was more of a general comment & applies to me just as well. Frankly I've been against this consumption driven growth model which is really punishing the earth & is extremely wasteful. Coming back to China ~ what they now know is that if you price goods low enough there will always be some demand for it, this is why they've pegged the Yuan to $ (among other reasons) & continue to be uber competitive on the export front. Now the worst part of this is that they can't move away from merchandise exports & they've really polluted the environment in China to get this rapid growth going, it's lost less of a worry in mainland atm however with OBOR it's become a problem for about half of the developing world.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
The problem with that outlook is the population. Social credit system and (effectively) oppression of both body and mind has historically shown not to last very long. That is especially true in todays' global village. Effectively what you have in China is also a democracy of sorts. Today a majority benefits from the current system, and the poor can look up at a new middle class for something to strive for. There is also a somewhat rigid form of equality in China, although geography plays a major role (but it doesn't have a caste/class system as strict as for example India does), so opportunity exists for many. I think if Xi pushes things a bit too far, this can turn around quickly. Another aspect that cannot be ignored is 'the price of progress'. Chinese cities are major smog hubs with extremely poor air quality and lower life expectancy, while in the countryside there is simply nothing to go to for many miles. This doesn't sit well with the population either, I'm sure.

After all, you only live once and what use is working hard if you die at early age. Wealth is measured by a quality of life, and that's more than money. The Chinese are now figuring that out and there's already a push for more responsible use of the planet, its all connected.

We've already seen many examples of how afraid the regime is for any sort of internal conflict, and that fear is justified. It requires just one man in front of a tank to change the perception of many...

On our 'Western/democractic' end we have a different situation. We have the advantage of flexibility, it is one of the cornerstones of democracy. It changes along with the will of the people. Perhaps not always as fast as we'd like, but still. It changes and is open to change.

(see sig :p)

China is still a democracy of sorts? Did you miss the news, Xi Jinping declared himself President for Life

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
I know it is hard to do because of the topic but it is still possible to have a civilized discussion without interjecting your bias political view. That being said, thread cleansed;)

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X12 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei RAW
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I just want to know what happened yesterday that inspired Trump to do this. It was a shock to everyone and even the military was involved (ships in contested South China Sea)

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Show me an American that isnt in the 1% that isnt always stressed out about there incomes. Even retirees are worried and there is a class that should feel secure. Not everything is propaganda.
Maybe I should change that, even Peter Thiel has a bug out house in New Zealand.

No, not everything is propagana and not everything is truth either.
You'll never find someone that isn't stressed about it in some way no matter where you look but the reasons for the stress vary from an absolute need for survival to a simple "want" of something, be it something better or they just want it period.
We're a society taught to buy even if it means going into debt over it, even money itself is being presented as a "Product" you can get through things like loans and such.

To be in debt is never a good thing because you just can't borrow yourself out of debt - Doesn't work that way nor ever will.

It was more of a general comment & applies to me just as well. Frankly I've been against this consumption driven growth model which is really punishing the earth & is extremely wasteful. Coming back to China ~ what they now know is that if you price goods low enough there will always be some demand for it, this is why they've pegged the Yuan to $ (among other reasons) & continue to be uber competitive on the export front. Now the worst part of this is that they can't move away from merchandise exports & they've really polluted the environment in China to get this rapid growth going, it's lost less of a worry in mainland atm however with OBOR it's become a problem for about half of the developing world.

Oh yeah, I can't exactly say I'm not part of it either but if you want or need something, let's say for example the newest chip for your machine you don't have a fab in your backyard to make it with - I certainly don't.
China has made themselves attractive to business over the years and lured companies in to the point they now have a commanding lead in so many areas of manufacturing hence "Made in China" on most anything you'll find now.
This is one point of why these things need to change and only "We" can make it happen.
If not you can expect more of the same from here on and it's up to us.... Too bad most of "Us" don't have any actual say over this.

No, not everything is propagana and not everything is truth either.
You'll never find someone that isn't stressed about it in some way no matter where you look but the reasons for the stress vary from an absolute need for survival to a simple "want" of something, be it something better or they just want it period.
We're a society taught to buy even if it means going into debt over it, even money itself is being presented as a "Product" you can get through things like loans and such.

To be in debt is never a good thing because you just can't borrow yourself out of debt - Doesn't work that way nor ever will.

Oh yeah, I can't exactly say I'm not part of it either but if you want or need something, let's say for example the newest chip for your machine you don't have a fab in your backyard to make it with - I certainly don't.
China has made themselves attractive to business over the years and lured companies in to the point they now have a commanding lead in so many areas of manufacturing hence "Made in China" on most anything you'll find now.
This is one point of why these things need to change and only "We" can make it happen.
If not you can expect more of the same from here on and it's up to us.... Too bad most of "Us" don't have any actual say over this.
I am not talking about debt. I am referring to retirees who had big financial losses in the financial crises of 2008 and have never recovered. Now cuts in SS and Medicare, after a round by the previous administration. I am talking about direct severe reduction of incomes in the retiree classes.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will notice the impact. Maybe certain items. Maybe not.....

Some chips cost around 30 cents to a few dollars...then get shipped here and assembled; or vice versa....
I do see it as another excuse for companies to raise their prices anyhow.

Remember mining anyone? We still haven't recovered from those inflated prices; and probably never will.....
That price hike had a bigger effect of GPU's & CPU's than this B.S. "talk or threat" ever will....
Can't blame Trump or Xi Jinping for 2017-2018 mining craze.

I wouldn't worry about this too much; its just Trump & Xi Jinping trying to see
who has bigger ballz....

5-10 years from now when China is really ready to invade the US....now that will be news.
But their still building their Military and raising the largest Army in the history of the world.
The interesting thing is there finally starting to put all that RND info they stole for the last 30 years to good use!!
Their newest stealth fighter may actually work!!

Now I'm out; I know I said that a few hours ago...but i got board...

Happy Monday all!!!

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Out of fuel I don't remember any other product which would have priced that over 50% of it is taxes. Normal VAT is 19-25%(depending on the country and yeah there's lowered VAT for foods etc.) + possible tariffs(depending on the product).

Income tax - ie the worst one of them all. We have a few tax scales over here and the top one is above or around 50% (changes from time to time, but general trend is up).

Greece would like a word with you ;) And system banks too.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I don't think anyone will notice the impact. Maybe certain items. Maybe not.....

Some chips cost around 30 cents to a few dollars...then get shipped here and assembled; or vice versa....
I do see it as another excuse for companies to raise their prices anyhow.

Remember mining anyone? We still haven't recovered from those inflated prices; and probably never will.....
That price hike had a bigger effect of GPU's & CPU's than this B.S. "talk or threat" ever will....
Can't blame Trump or Xi Jinping for 2017-2018 mining craze.

I wouldn't worry about this too much; its just Trump & Xi Jinping trying to see
who has bigger ballz....

5-10 years from now when China is really ready to invade the US....now that will be news.
But their still building their Military and raising the largest Army in the history of the world.
The interesting thing is there finally starting to put all that RND info they stole for the last 30 years to good use!!
Their newest stealth fighter may actually work!!

Now I'm out; I know I said that a few hours ago...but i got board...

Happy Monday all!!!

China has attained their current economic status by maintaining double digit growth in their economy. Those days are over. Now they are trying to test the waters of being a superpower but that costs a lot of money.

USA Defense Spending around 600 billion dollars

China Defense Spending around 147 billion dollars

imo China is overreaching and will fail the tariff war.

Low quality post by Dave65
System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750