• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

U.S. Tech Industry, Including Google, Microsoft, Intel, and Qualcomm, Ban Huawei

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Do you not think the exact same things were going on under Obama? Every major country spies on every other country and on their own citizens especially with the constant threat of terrorism.
"Constant threat of terrorism" should be in some giant, fat quotes. The very concept of a constant threat of terrorism is a propaganda tool for these same governments and agencies. Oh, and kind of besides the point, but said spying is explicitly and implicitly targeting leftists and non-whites, while it's well proven that white nationalist/right-wing terrorists are far more dangerous and kill far more people per year than any other terrorist group. In other words, they're not even trying to hide how blatantly they're lying about the purposes of their surveillance. And yes, I'm talking about the US, if that wasn't clear.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
The bottom line here is about security and the theft of IP, not just with the US but around the world. Huawei didnt get to where its at by being nice, coupled with the fact that the Chinese government has their hand in the cookie jar too. You can search for all the past "business deals" Huawei made that put tech in their claws, that still doesnt make them an evil entity as much as the ties it has with Chinese government do, which is where all the security concerns comes into play. Anyone that thinks the US is wrong here, feel free to contact your congressman, but if you dont live in the US, feel free to keep bashing US, its what you do best.

I would rather the US walk on the side of caution and be proactive about its, and my, security rather than ask my forgiveness for being completely stupid later.

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
On a philosophical level, I agree. But the current geopolitical balance simply doesn't allow for that utopian view of the world. And it never did, really... Your example of post WWII era events was also a response to a new threat: Soviet Russia.
The European response to the Soviet Union was to largely ignore them. Sure, we were mostly part of NATO and had closed-ish borders, but European peace post-WWII was not due to a common enemy or any other such trivial idea. It was down to establishing explicit and multilateral interdependencies between countries, with the open admission that the dependencies existed and that all parties involved stood to gain from them. It also hinged on the realization from the more powerful countries involved that they would gain more long-term from cooperation despite the possibility of gaining more short-term without it - as the short-term plans inevitably would lead to escalation of conflicts and likely new wars, meaning that even the powerful would lose in the long term. It's not utopian, it's pragmatic. It does require willing and honest participation from a large amount of parties, but history has shown that this is possible.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
"Constant threat of terrorism" should be in some giant, fat quotes. The very concept of a constant threat of terrorism is a propaganda tool for these same governments and agencies. Oh, and kind of besides the point, but said spying is explicitly and implicitly targeting leftists and non-whites, while it's well proven that white nationalist/right-wing terrorists are far more dangerous and kill far more people per year than any other terrorist group. In other words, they're not even trying to hide how blatantly they're lying about the purposes of their surveillance. And yes, I'm talking about the US, if that wasn't clear.

Meanwhile in the real world hardly a week goes by that Muslims aren't killing innocent people en masse. Stereotypes are often based on facts. Of course they are being singled out. When the Muslims clean up their own house then there will no longer be a need for this.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
And that's how you eliminate the biggest threat for USA's security Apple's shareholders.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
while it's well proven that white nationalist/right-wing terrorists are far more dangerous and kill far more people per year than any other terrorist group
If well-proven, you would be well served in making your case by providing reputable sources.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Meanwhile in the real world hardly a week goes by that Muslims aren't killing innocent people en masse. Stereotypes are often based on facts. Of course they are being singled out. When the Muslims clean up their own house then there will no longer be a need for this.
And there comes the blatant racist generalization of a religion counting roughly a billion people. Yay! Earned you a report. News flash: people of all religions, skin colors, nationalities, etc. kill people, and a lot of them - regardless of affiliations - do this "in the name of" whatever religion they claim to belong to. Yes, there is more instability and violence in poorer regions of the world, particularly those that have been worn down by centuries of colonization, resource theft, and proxy wars - where the Middle East stands out somewhat, but a lot of that is due to Western media being extremely eager to share every time something bad happens there compared to a lot of the world. Christians have a long and well-documented history of mass murder in the name of their religion, and terrorists clearly and purposely framing themselves as "white" and "christian" are more of a danger in Western countries in the past decade than any other group. I'm not going to list any of these a$@holes here, but if you don't know what I'm talking about you ought to watch the news more. I could say the same right back at you: when white, christian, pro-gun rights people in the US "clean up their act", there'll no longer be a need for this. But of course, those are all "bad apples", loners who have no relation to any organization or ideology, they're just "crazy". Of course. Funny how phrasing and word choice can change how something is perceived.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
And that's how you eliminate the biggest threat for USA's security Apple's shareholders.
Again, another person who is not well-versed on the worldwide movement against Huawei.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i5-12400F
Motherboard Asus Prime H610M-A WIFI D4
Memory CORSAIR VENGENCE 16GB LPX DDR4 3200MHZ
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) MSi Optix 27" 1440p 144hz + MSI OPTIX 27" 1440P 165HZ
Case COOLER MASTER MB320L ARGB
Power Supply Corsair cv650
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent
Software Windows 11 PRO
I wonder how it will fair over in the UK... Me and P30 Pro seem to get along just fine :)....

Same.
just got the P30 pro last month with EE.
they have no idea whats really going on.
But im sure we will be fine.
Great phone so far though.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(

Have the same phone with 3, seemed a decent step up to for the £9 extra a month. That said, I must be mad for paying that much a month... But for the camera and such, worth it as it saves me carrying around my DSLR...

I look forward to seeing what happens :)

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
If well-proven, you would be well served in making your case by providing reputable sources.
This report gives a quite comprehensive overview of domestic terrorism in the US. Of course, you'll likely claim that the ADL isn't a reputable source - and if so: go away. They're as reputable as you get. This article also gives a good overview of the development of terrorism in the US (not just domestic) since 9/11. You could also go browse the Global Terrorism Database. No other group comes close in the sheer number of fatalities simply because 9/11 killed a shocking amount of people, but various branches of right-wing extremism (including neo-nazis, white identity terrorists, MRA-affiliated terrorists, anti-government extremists, and others) represent a very, very dominant portion of both total attacks, attacks injuring people, and attacks with fatalities.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
And there comes the blatant racist generalization of a religion counting roughly a billion people. Yay! Earned you a report. News flash: people of all religions, skin colors, nationalities, etc. kill people, and a lot of them - regardless of affiliations - do this "in the name of" whatever religion they claim to belong to. Yes, there is more instability and violence in poorer regions of the world, particularly those that have been worn down by centuries of colonization, resource theft, and proxy wars - where the Middle East stands out somewhat, but a lot of that is due to Western media being extremely eager to share every time something bad happens there compared to a lot of the world. Christians have a long and well-documented history of mass murder in the name of their religion, and terrorists clearly and purposely framing themselves as "white" and "christian" are more of a danger in Western countries in the past decade than any other group. I'm not going to list any of these a$@holes here, but if you don't know what I'm talking about you ought to watch the news more. I could say the same right back at you: when white, christian, pro-gun rights people in the US "clean up their act", there'll no longer be a need for this. But of course, those are all "bad apples", loners who have no relation to any organization or ideology, they're just "crazy". Of course. Funny how phrasing and word choice can change how something is perceived.

I will tell you something and you may not believe it but it's true. A Muslim neighbor who used to live down the street from me went on a killing spree and killed 4 marines and a naval reservist at a recruitment center. He asked his minister beforehand if Allah would forgive him for his past drug use if he did this and his minister told him yes.

Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage 1TB SSD
Mouse Logitech G203
Software Windows 11 PRO
Have the same phone with 3, seemed a decent step up to for the £9 extra a month. That said, I must be mad for paying that much a month... But for the camera and such, worth it as it saves me carrying around my DSLR...

I look forward to seeing what happens :)

paying 54£ a month for the phone and a huawei tablet which isnt that bad of a deal really

yea the camera is something else....that zoom though!!!!!:eek:

was initially worried last night when reading about it...not so much now.

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
I will tell you something and you may not believe it but it's true. A Muslim neighbor who used to live down the street from me went on a killing spree and killed 4 marines and a naval reservist at a recruitment center. He asked his minister beforehand if Allah would forgive him for his past drug use if he did this and his minister told him yes.
Translated: "This one insane thing happened close to me, so I must then extrapolate that to apply to all people who I might associate with the people involved." See, that's some pretty seriously flawed logic. Yes, that is atrocious, and it's equally atrocious if a religious authority "blessed" it - but that doesn't in any way mean that Islam is a violent religion nor that all muslims are somehow affiliated with terrorists. If that was true, should we assume all single white men in their early 20s are mass murderers because of Elliot Rodger and the people who encouraged him to go on a killing spree? No. Extremists are extremists, and do generally not represent whatever group they might be associated with - unless their group is an extremist group, that is. Islam is not extermist islam, just as "single white men" are not MRAs or incels (and even among those hatred-driven groups there are entirely non-violent people, and I don't assume all MRAs to be potential mass murderers just because quite a few mass murderers have come from their ranks, and their ideology generally foments anger, self-hatred, hatred and violent rhetoric). See how easy that is?

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
paying 54£ a month for the phone and a huawei tablet which isnt that bad of a deal really

yea the camera is something else....that zoom though!!!!!:eek:

was initially worried last night when reading about it...not so much now.

What sort of contract did you get with it? Data allowance etc?

I'm a little under that at £50 a month, but its a huge amount to spend out each month I feel..

The zoom is awesome, 50x, try holding that thing steady lol

As long as my phone works for the length of the contract, I'm not so worried about it at all... I do wonder if the UK will follow the USA with the ban on it but what will be will be :)

Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage 1TB SSD
Mouse Logitech G203
Software Windows 11 PRO
What sort of contract did you get with it? Data allowance etc?

I'm a little under that at £50 a month, but its a huge amount to spend out each month I feel..

The zoom is awesome, 50x, try holding that thing steady lol

As long as my phone works for the length of the contract, I'm not so worried about it at all... I do wonder if the UK will follow the USA with the ban on it but what will be will be :)

I got 60gb data on the phone and 2gb data on the tablet...but i can data share,so each month i put 10gb or so on the tablet. 60gb is too much really.
A 2 year contract is long.miss the yearly contracts.

im currently paying 120£ a month!!!
still paying for my step sons contract,but thankfully that ends soon.

Huawei so say have a plan 'b' as they have prepared for this to happen.
wether its there own O/S remains to be seen.

ios and android are getting a bit boring now. something fresh would be welcome.imo

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
Cold War part 2.0, now with less nukes.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
This report gives a quite comprehensive overview of domestic terrorism in the US. Of course, you'll likely claim that the ADL isn't a reputable source - and if so: go away. They're as reputable as you get. This article also gives a good overview of the development of terrorism in the US (not just domestic) since 9/11. You could also go browse the Global Terrorism Database. No other group comes close in the sheer number of fatalities simply because 9/11 killed a shocking amount of people, but various branches of right-wing extremism (including neo-nazis, white identity terrorists, MRA-affiliated terrorists, anti-government extremists, and others) represent a very, very dominant portion of both total attacks, attacks injuring people, and attacks with fatalities.
Oh wow, you cite 9/11 like that was the last Musllim terrorist event. They happen regularly, worldwide. You are obviously an apologist.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I got 60gb data on the phone and 2gb data on the tablet...but i can data share,so each month i put 10gb or so on the tablet. 60gb is too much really.
A 2 year contract is long.miss the yearly contracts.

im currently paying 120£ a month!!!
still paying for my step sons contract,but thankfully that ends soon.

ios and android are getting a bit boring now. something fresh would be welcome.imo

It's not too bad, I got away with unlimited everything since it was the same price for 12Gb or more for 30Gb or 100Gb.. Seemed daft to do anything different. Sometimes 12Gb wasn't enough so glad I had the extra now :)
I'm guessing the longer contracts are to try and cover the pricey phone costs.. I mean these P30 Pro's are what, £1200 I was told?? £100 a month?? I'm not sure people will want to spend that...

I was just talking to a mate at work about the OS this morning and such.. I agree, we do need a bit more choice I think as there's so much bloatware in some of the Android releases I'd spend 30 minutes uninstalling programs that I don't want or need.. great fun :(

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Translated: "This one insane thing happened close to me, so I must then extrapolate that to apply to all people who I might associate with the people involved." See, that's some pretty seriously flawed logic. Yes, that is atrocious, and it's equally atrocious if a religious authority "blessed" it - but that doesn't in any way mean that Islam is a violent religion nor that all muslims are somehow affiliated with terrorists. If that was true, should we assume all single white men in their early 20s are mass murderers because of Elliot Rodger and the people who encouraged him to go on a killing spree? No. Extremists are extremists, and do generally not represent whatever group they might be associated with - unless their group is an extremist group, that is. Islam is not extermist islam, just as "single white men" are not MRAs or incels (and even among those hatred-driven groups there are entirely non-violent people, and I don't assume all MRAs to be potential mass murderers just because quite a few mass murderers have come from their ranks, and their ideology generally foments anger, self-hatred, hatred and violent rhetoric). See how easy that is?

I'm going to have to stop you there... the Islam is a violent religion. Christianity is too. And both are equally bad at that part of their history. Historically, violence is inherent to the religious idea that there is only one truth. There is no place for another reality, so you're either with or against it.

The problem with Islam is that its behind the curve and its followers are also behind the curve. For Christianity, at least here in Europe, most countries decided to separate church and state. In many Muslim countries, they haven't got that strict separation, in fact, Islam is still actively used to this day to exercise power and influence, win elections and maintain power and influence. Its a vehicle for that, first and foremost.

n the US, the separation of church and state is sort of 'halfway' through; every POTUS speech is still 'God willing' and there is a serious bit of Christian fundamentalism in power positions in the US. But its not integral to its foreign or domestic policy or democracy itself. However, this does explain why there is such a strong opposition to Islam, see my first two lines up there. An outsider can easily identify US foreign policy as Christian oppression.

Regardless. We don't live in medieval times anymore, so yes, Islam stands out in this day and age for the way it tries to spread its ideology or the way it fights opposing ones, and the ideas of many sub ideologies within Islam - hell they even didn't get to the point where they stop shooting each other in the face, yet. The fundamental problem with Islam is a lack of reflection and I think that also clearly rings through in the example given by @64K . In Europe, we had big events that changed our perception of the place of religion in society. Islam has yet to experience that, and its followers so far seem largely unwilling to, the actual exception to the rule is the Muslim population of 2nd and 3rd generation in Western countries. Those are the ones that will bring change. And I hate to say this, but yes, that is a minority. What's missing is the uproar among all those other Muslims wrt terrorism. We never see or hear it - and the reason for that is that same lack of reflection.

As for right wing terrorism (or left wing, also not innocent) compared to religious terrorism... its equally threatening really... I don't think this should be a contest.

Wait. This is offtopic :) I'm dropping this one now. I will say its not entirely fair to swing the report hammer around when you're entering dangerous territory yourself... You can expect a response.

Last edited:
Processor Intel core i5 4590s
Motherboard Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cooling Evercool EC115A 915SP Cpu cooler,Coolermaster [200mm (front and top)+140mm rear]
Memory Corsair 16GB(4x4) ddr3 CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9(Ver8.16)(XMP)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage Western Digital WDC WD2001FAS 2TB Black, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron L177WSB
Case Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer
Audio Device(s) Creative A550 Speakers 5.1 channel
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex 2 Gold 650W SF-650F14EG
Mouse PLNK M-740 Optical Mouse
Keyboard ibuypower GKB100 Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit
monopoly highlights and the problems of having a non diverse market range
American agression and Chinese dependancy in open view, I have no dog in this fight

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?

The "operating system" is not the issue here, never was. Huawei would be adding too much cost if it went for its own OS, when a free(!) one is available and maintained by some of the brightest minds the industry has.
Exporting their homegrown, Gapps-replacement services is probably the safest bet. Go the Amazon way, so to speak.

"The UK and European Commission have separately conducted investigations into allegations of Huawei posing a data-security risk, and have both concluded to have seen no merit to the accusations. "

really? then why articles like this: https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/28/uk-report-blasts-huawei-for-network-security-incompetence/ "The latest report by a UK oversight body set up to evaluation Chinese networking giant Huawei’s approach to security has dialed up pressure on the company, giving a damning assessment of what it describes as “serious and systematic defects” in its software engineering and cyber security competence. "

the actual exception to the rule is the Muslim population of 2nd and 3rd generation in Western countries
Not necessarily, Muslims in the West are generally liberal & religious. When it comes to choosing between their religion & anything else the vast majority of them will still chose Islam ~ you can bet on that. The answer to this is less religion, tbf that applies to all religions around the world.

As for places like India, Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia with a large base of Muslims ~ they are indeed progressing down the right path. Of course hiccups are there like Mr. lunatic Erdogan or some major policy reversals in places like Malaysia & Indonesia, vote bank politics in India. The thing is when you see wars like Iraq, Syria it's hard for the Muslim moderates here to steer the narrative away against Jihad ~ which to me is a huge problem in the way US has handled post Cold war era & Muslim nations. Muslims generally see themselves as part of a single unified body called Ummah & an attack on any of them is like an attack on all, except in case of Uighurs I guess.

The biggest problem is the Wahhabi kingdom, sub Saharan Africa, Pakistan & to a lesser extent Afghanistan. Here there's no (functional) democracy, economic growth, rule of law or liberal middle class. All of which leads to a negative feedback loop making more of the people extremists rather than moderates or centrists. Again this is a multi pronged war, with religion/poverty/nationalism on one side & progress on the other.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
"The UK and European Commission have separately conducted investigations into allegations of Huawei posing a data-security risk, and have both concluded to have seen no merit to the accusations. "

really? then why articles like this: https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/28/uk-report-blasts-huawei-for-network-security-incompetence/ "The latest report by a UK oversight body set up to evaluation Chinese networking giant Huawei’s approach to security has dialed up pressure on the company, giving a damning assessment of what it describes as “serious and systematic defects” in its software engineering and cyber security competence. "

They all have the same story really. From 2012 onwards, these are the same worries and while Huawei has always tried to keep everyone on board (with seemingly best intentions) this rabbit hole is deep. Very deep, and the real issue is that its nearly impossible to get the full scope of how leaky the hardware really is. At the same time, Western countries do require that certainty. That is why this is happening. China / Huawei banked on low price to push this through.