• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment Announce "The Division 2"

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
(Editor's Note: The original "The Division" launched to a warm reception from users that were looking towards another shared world, persistent shooter experience. However, some issues with the games' design and endgame content meant that after the initial interest, the games' playerbase rapidly dwindled. However, Massive Entertainment went through a myriad of patches and iterations on their formula for The Division, which ultimately landed the game on a position that Destiny 2 could envy. Here's hoping that The Division 2 will actually build upon the lessons learned with The Division, delivering the definitive shared-world shooter experience. The Press Release follows.)

What an incredible few years it's been for the team here at Massive! When we first began work on Tom Clancy's The Division, we knew we had something special and something we believed in so strongly that we wanted to make sure we got it right. We also knew we couldn't achieve that goal without your help.

Since the launch of The Division two years ago, we've remained focused on this philosophy. We continue to create more opportunities to interact directly with livestreams, ongoing surveys, and social media. We also introduced public test servers as a way of getting immediate feedback before integrating major features and changes into the game. We've never stopped wanting to make The Division better and our most recent 1.8 update is a testament to that, as seen from your overwhelming feedback and support.

All of these new features and experiences have made our team better, too. We're nimbler and better prepared to take action based on feedback. And now, more than ever before, we have a clear vision of what's important and what continues to make The Division a special experience for so many people. Following our Year 2 anniversary celebration, we're going to keep supporting that experience with new title updates that will bring new Global Events, Xbox One X enhancements, and more.

That said, we've always envisioned the story in the game we launched in 2016 as the beginning chapter in a larger saga, and today we're excited to share more info about what's next for The Division universe.

We're thrilled to announce that we are working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and that development will be led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Bucharest. The Division 2 will be powered by an updated version of the Snowdrop engine that enables us to realize our ambitions for the sequel, but more importantly, we're also taking everything we learned over the past two years and applying it towards the sequel to make sure we get it right.

Part of that means recognizing your commitment to The Division. With that in mind, we're adding a new type of achievement called "Shields" to the game. Earning them will unlock special rewards in The Division 2 when it launches.

On behalf of all the teams at Ubisoft, we thank you for the support you've given us over the past two years, and we hope that our continued work will earn that support for many years to come. We can't wait to show you what we have in store for The Division 2 at E3 2018 in June. See you then!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Cant wait. While part 1 started off with many bumps i n the road, it is a truly brilliant game today and its concept especially of the Dark Zone is unique to this day. If they can bring back the magic of early DZ multiplayer and make it last, this will be a killer title.

If you havent played 1, now is a better time than ever. The way Ubi/massive improved this game over the past year is nothing short of genious.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
My problem was it was billed as having the first 10!hours or so as SP.

I got the game for free, so thought I would give it a try. Within minutes of getting to the first safe house (I don’t remember if that’s the term) it became apparent it wasn’t SP, as I was getting invitations to join others, etc, which meant my character was visible online.

Not my cup of tea, and so tried the settings. I found no way to turn off online presence. Very disappointing.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals

System Name Workstation
Processor Intel Core-i9 9960x
Motherboard Asus WS X299 SAGE
Cooling Custom
Memory Crucial Ballistix 128 GB (8 x BL2K16G36C16U4B)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Storage Intel Optane 905P (SSDPED1D015TAX1), Sabrent Rocket 2 TB, 4 x HGST DC HC530
Display(s) NEC PA272W-BK-SV, Eizo CG2700S-BK
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX II, Sony WH-1000XM
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Platinum 1200 W
Mouse Logicool G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard Logicool G810
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, several Adobe software
I see it as a online single player game with multiplayer modes.
Believe it or not, I'm never interested in any kind of PVP or multiplayer in The Division, Dark Zone included.
I play it as a single player game.

Within minutes of getting to the first safe house (I don’t remember if that’s the term) it became apparent it wasn’t SP, as I was getting invitations to join others, etc, which meant my character was visible online.

I assume it was in Brooklyn?
You only meet other people in specific places, for example safehouses (all safehouses; one in Brooklyn and several in Manhattan, not to mention some in Dark Zone) or Terminal area in BaseOp (Base of Operations, once you move to Manhattan and free/unlock it).
And while Terminal area is connected directly to BaseOp (Terminal area is actually a subway station acts as a portal to several hubs, including PvP and expansions), the game limits the presence of other players only in Terminal area, meaning you will never see anybody in BaseOp and any of its wings anytime.
Those are the only places where you can see other players and they can see you (assuming there are people logged in when you play).
And unless you form a group with other players or you join their groups, you'll play the whole game story/campaign alone by yourself.

Which I LOVE best.
(Like I said, never a fan of multiplayer, and having other people around me is more of a liability than an advantage to me)

Not my cup of tea, and so tried the settings. I found no way to turn off online presence. Very disappointing.
You cannot.
Just get out of safehouses or Terminal area as quickly as you can.
Get some guns, mods, gears, sell items you don't need, calibrate or upgrade your guns and gears and get out.
You can also go to Options and then Visual to turn off/disable chat window and make the chat window appear only in social hubs (safehouses, Terminal).
In Audio (still in Options) you can disable VoIP so nobody will see your public IP.
And during gameplay, you can press O and then F (using default key preset) to open Privacy settings.
Set it so only leader of the group can invite you so you won't get invites too often.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I see it as a online single player game with multiplayer modes.
Believe it or not, I'm never interested in any kind of PVP or multiplayer in The Division, Dark Zone included.
I play it as a single player game.

I assume it was in Brooklyn?
You only meet other people in specific places, for example safehouses (all safehouses; one in Brooklyn and several in Manhattan, not to mention some in Dark Zone) or Terminal area in BaseOp (Base of Operations, once you move to Manhattan and free/unlock it).
And while Terminal area is connected directly to BaseOp (Terminal area is actually a subway station acts as a portal to several hubs, including PvP and expansions), the game limits the presence of other players only in Terminal area, meaning you will never see anybody in BaseOp and any of its wings anytime.
Those are the only places where you can see other players and they can see you (assuming there are people logged in when you play).
And unless you form a group with other players or you join their groups, you'll play the whole game story/campaign alone by yourself.

Which I LOVE best.
(Like I said, never a fan of multiplayer, and having other people around me is more of a liability than an advantage to me)

You cannot.
Just get out of safehouses or Terminal area as quickly as you can.
Get some guns, mods, gears, sell items you don't need, calibrate or upgrade your guns and gears and get out.
You can also go to Options and then Visual to turn off/disable chat window and make the chat window appear only in social hubs (safehouses, Terminal).
In Audio (still in Options) you can disable VoIP so nobody will see your public IP.
And during gameplay, you can press O and then F (using default key preset) to open Privacy settings.
Set it so only leader of the group can invite you so you won't get invites too often.
Thanks!!! That was extremely helpful! :)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

I got the game for free, so thought I would give it a try. Within minutes of getting to the first safe house (I don’t remember if that’s the term) it became apparent it wasn’t SP, as I was getting invitations to join others, etc, which meant my character was visible online.

You can choose to only receive friend invites or none at all and the path to max level can be done entirely thtough PVE and exploration of the city... It has been like that since launch. Though yes it is primarily an MP game.