• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubisoft Is Jumping Into AI

Going even further, he predicted that the growth of AI will make it easier for gamers "to actually be a part of of the creation of events and contents" in the games they play, apparently suggesting that at some point you'll be able to just tell the AI your idea for a mod, and it will make the mod.
This direction alone is proof enough of the surface-level approach big companies adopt when making their new "video game products"... simply chase the first idea that comes to mind with minimal effort, it will end in the lap of the audience with short attention span just as well...

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Well if the AI is like their games it's going be pretty dumb.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
On the one hand I think most AAA games today are soulless monstrosities anyway so sure just have an "AI" crank out endless Assassins Creeds and Call of Duties for all I care. Whatever. On the other hand writers and all sorts of creatives and engineers will be out of jobs, which will be sad, but a part of me am interested in seeing how the world will react to this. Will those people start to make good games again, unburdened by the corporate bean counters?
Yep. They call it indie

First, gaming will go to shit (trajectory has already been put into board computers at corporate the world over), and concurrently, indies will become the new triple A, to turn into shit again, spawning yet another wave of indie. Money and power corrupts, its that simple, so most good things emerge from fresh starts, post-reality-check.

History repeats - and as with everything in life... do your cherry picking proper, and all is well.

Eventually I reckon AI will find its place in content. I'm sure it has a place, as long as it doesn't impede on originality and human talent. So far all things AI produces feel plasticky, and decidedly non-human. Game dialogue doesn't want to sound like someone reading an encyclopedia to you, for example, and we won't accept Microsoft Sam talking to us either.

Yeah, let's do a little exercise.

1686748197903.png

1686748223445.png

This search 'engine' is worse than Google sans AI. It doesn't pick up on qualitative words, but presents me a list of the polar opposite of what I'm asking. Nice, real nice. Much advanced, very tech.

The kicker is how X3D's now accelerate the IGP all of a sudden. Integrated > Dedicated. Wow.
Another really cool element here is that you directly see how biased Tom's is. The singular mention of AMD's options is directly followed with negativity and on top of that, incorrect. We have 5x Intel, 1x AMD.

AI is fantastic, for developing prolonged tunnel vision. I'm staying miles away for it for my info gathering and for having fun conversations :)

Last edited: