• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed to Become Live Service Game, Usher in Collaborative Studio Development

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
Great, another title that I won't play. I'm pretty sure that they are only doing this, so that they can add more micro transactions and even worse DRM. What a sad cash grab.

Worst of all, they're boring. Same issue with the far cry games.
I disagree, Far Cry 1 was great, Far Cry 3 was pretty cool too, but yeah FC4 and FC 5 are too boring.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Welp, I guess Valhalla will have been the last one for me. Adios AC.

I mean they've been making the same game for the last 6+ years, they're all boring sandboxes with little to none of the charm from the first three games or the wild adventures of 4. Worst of all, they're boring. Same issue with the far cry games.

Going always online was going to come eventually, they'res too much money to soak up from "le epic gamers" willing to dump hundreds into virtual assets.
Actually the last 3 are not cookie cutter at all. In many ways they are the culmination of the series and what they wished they could have done early on.

D

Deleted member 177333

I mean they've been making the same game for the last 6+ years, they're all boring sandboxes with little to none of the charm from the first three games or the wild adventures of 4. Worst of all, they're boring. Same issue with the far cry games.

Going always online was going to come eventually, they'res too much money to soak up from "le epic gamers" willing to dump hundreds into virtual assets.

Ya, I'm doing a fresh run through of all of them now. Origins & Odyssey are just attempts to copy Witcher 3. They're pretty games, but they are not Assassin's Creed games in my opinion, just open world combat games that are meant to copy Witcher 3's template.

Hoping Valhalla isn't another, but I guess I'll find out in a few months.