1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ultra Portable Desktop Machine for the GO!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, Jun 15, 2009.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    OK guys I'm thinking of making something to sell.

Here is the plan, take a backpack like a Jansport, install a tray inside it for micro/atx maybe. Then install a high Gell Battery so it would be able to drain power for long usage. Then install an ac/DC inventor which I have seen up to 3000 watts of ac power.

Then because almost all monitors have the standard 4 screw mount on them. I think it would be easy to make a custom folding stand that would go down to a key board of a users choice and fold up when the usage was ready to put up. The Jansport I was looking at

http://www.luggageonline.com/product.cfm?product_ID=10880

Could hold a 24'' screen inside of it.

So you would just have on your desk to use like a laptop would two wires/power/keyboard/mouse unless I could get keyboards with a mouse on them like a normal laptop. The rest would be inside the bag you carry around, and having high end non mobile parts. The portability without being plugged in should have a long life span dew to having a large Gell Cell Battery, be able to upgrade parts inside of it. Not having to deal with low powered laptops just to be portable.

Users could upgrade screen/keyboard/video cards/power boxes/ everything that wanted too. Not bounded to buying a 3 grand laptop year after year for a good upgrade.

You guys like the idea? I'm looking into things that would needed to build a prototype right now, and then start to sell them on a simi mass scale and work it up.

Now the PC Back Pack with screen would not be light. It would be a heavy son of a gun, but school books weight a ton, and for the power I know I would lug the thing anywhere I went!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Sounds awesome!

3. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    was thinking about using mosfets and just using the battery it's self to power the whole thing also.
    That way I could take two battery and install them at say 24v then power it down to what the machine needed maybe making it last longer....IDK if that would work tho......

[​IMG]

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have any idea? I'm thinking the tray should set on some kind of padding so it would be easy on the old back.......

I also wonder how long you could drain on a gell cell. I know my sons power wheel will run for about 4-6 hours on one.....and I know that sucker ripps the power out of it.

10 Year Member at TPU