• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unbricking A Bricked Sapphire RX 6800 XT Nitro+?

I got a Sapphire RX 6800 XT Nitro+ off ebay that was (supposedly) working. However when I plugged it in, no video output. I ran my iGPU so I could get video output, and Device Manager does indeed recognize the 6800 XT but gives a code 43 error. I've flashed RX 5700/5700 XT BIOSes before, so I'm familiar with the whole process - I expect what happened is the seller tried flashing this card without knowing what he was doing, bricked it, and couldn't figure out how to fix it so he sold it. I know eBay will let me return it with no hassle, but I've been wanting a 6800/XT for a while now and I'd like to try fixing it before I have to deal with a return.

Things I've tried:
  • The Code 43 error (can) show up when you've flashed an unsigned BIOS onto a card, and can be patched with the AMD ATI Pixel Clock Patcher. I tried ran the patcher, but the error remained.
  • After saving the current BIOS (not that it's working anyway), I downloaded the Sapphire RX 6800 XT Nitro+ BIOSes from the TechPowerUp database and tried flashing those. The file hashes were identical to the BIOS on the card already, but I flashed it anyway. Still got the error.
  • Also tried flashing the reference AMD RX 6800 XT BIOS as a last resort, but the current version of AMD VbFlash, v3.20, barfs out an SSID mismatch error and you cannot force it to flash anyway. Older versions with the modifications from Igor's Lab, AMD VbFlash v2.93+ and v3.04+, which *are* able to ignore those errors and flash anyway, do not recognize the RX 6000 series and therefore cannot flash a BIOS on them.
So, I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm 98% positive this card is just firmware bricked, not a hardware issue (otherwise Device Manager probably wouldn't be able to recognize the card at all), and because of that it should be possible to fix. But, I'm not sure how.

Any ideas?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I got a Sapphire RX 6800 XT Nitro+ off ebay that was (supposedly) working. However when I plugged it in, no video output. I ran my iGPU so I could get video output, and Device Manager does indeed recognize the 6800 XT but gives a code 43 error. I've flashed RX 5700/5700 XT BIOSes before, so I'm familiar with the whole process - I expect what happened is the seller tried flashing this card without knowing what he was doing, bricked it, and couldn't figure out how to fix it so he sold it. I know eBay will let me return it with no hassle, but I've been wanting a 6800/XT for a while now and I'd like to try fixing it before I have to deal with a return.

Things I've tried:
  • The Code 43 error (can) show up when you've flashed an unsigned BIOS onto a card, and can be patched with the AMD ATI Pixel Clock Patcher. I tried ran the patcher, but the error remained.
  • After saving the current BIOS (not that it's working anyway), I downloaded the Sapphire RX 6800 XT Nitro+ BIOSes from the TechPowerUp database and tried flashing those. The file hashes were identical to the BIOS on the card already, but I flashed it anyway. Still got the error.
  • Also tried flashing the reference AMD RX 6800 XT BIOS as a last resort, but the current version of AMD VbFlash, v3.20, barfs out an SSID mismatch error and you cannot force it to flash anyway. Older versions with the modifications from Igor's Lab, AMD VbFlash v2.93+ and v3.04+, which *are* able to ignore those errors and flash anyway, do not recognize the RX 6000 series and therefore cannot flash a BIOS on them.
So, I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm 98% positive this card is just firmware bricked, not a hardware issue (otherwise Device Manager probably wouldn't be able to recognize the card at all), and because of that it should be possible to fix. But, I'm not sure how.

Any ideas?
Post pics of stickers from card back or on side of heatsink please, a shot of ram chips on card please.

A current gpu-z screenshot of card with code 43 error.

Post pics of stickers from card back or on side of heatsink please, a shot of ram chips on card please.

A current gpu-z screenshot of card with code 43 error.
I appreciate you looking into this, thank you.

Stickers:
IMG_20210923_104912.jpg

Memory chips (didn't clean all of them off but I'm guessing they're all identical and you just need to know if it's Samsung/Hynix/Micron, right?):
IMG_20210923_111903.jpg

And GPU-Z screenshot for the card:
Sapphire 6800 XT GPU-Z.png

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I appreciate you looking into this, thank you.

Stickers:
View attachment 217985

Memory chips (didn't clean all of them off but I'm guessing they're all identical and you just need to know if it's Samsung/Hynix/Micron, right?):
View attachment 217986

And GPU-Z screenshot for the card:
View attachment 217987

Yes Ram Brand verify is a must. I will look

Download 1 of these files.

These are 2 verified bios for your card

These others are unverified.

Latest bios

Im writing syntax down.

Procedure 1

Get this tool

Extract it to its own folder and open the version with win in the name with admin rights.

Find the bios file you downloaded and flash. if you get an error you will need to go to procedure 2

Procedure 2
You may need to do a force flash in an administrator privileged command prompt. (Find cmd in start menu right click and open as administrator)

If that is not performed you may receive the stupid 0FL error.

Then follow this command

Enter this command first

Amdvbflash.exe -i to identify what number the gpu is (if it works still)

(Unsure if this next command works in latest tool)

Amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0 (number the card is such as 0, 1, 2, 3...)

Then enter this command

amdvbflash.exe -fa -fp -p XXXX.rom

Note: XXXX is the name of the VBIOS file you downloaded. You can also change the downloaded file name to a simple name.

Otherwise you do it this way:

Create a new text file in your ATIFlash directory, name it FLASH.bat, and place this code into it:

@Echo off
cls

echo Flashing card 0 with BIOS.rom...
echo.
amdvbflash.exe -fa -fp -p BIOS.rom
echo.

pause
Assuming the new BIOS you want to flash onto your card is named BIOS.rom, this is the BIOS it will use for flashing.

Save your changes, then run the batch file by double-clicking on it.

Once you've received a success message, reboot your computer for the new BIOS to come into effect. If you can boot into Windows successfully, then that's good! (Note: your screen may flicker for a bit, because you basically have a new card, and Windows is trying to recognize it. If you want to be thorough, go ahead and do a clean re-install of your graphics drivers.)

Last edited:
Yes Ram Brand verify is a must. I will look

Download 1 of these files.

These are 2 verified bios for your card

These others are unverified.

Latest bios

Im writing syntax down.

Procedure 1

Get this tool

Extract it to its own folder and open the version with win in the name with admin rights.

Find the bios file you downloaded and flash. if you get an error you will need to go to procedure 2

Procedure 2
You may need to do a force flash in an administrator privileged command prompt. (Find cmd in start menu right click and open as administrator)

If that is not performed you may receive the stupid 0FL error.

Then follow this command

Enter this command first

Amdvbflash.exe -i to identify what number the gpu is (if it works still)

(Unsure if this next command works in latest tool)

Amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0 (number the card is such as 0, 1, 2, 3...)

Then enter this command

amdvbflash.exe -fa -fp -p XXXX.rom

Note: XXXX is the name of the VBIOS file you downloaded. You can also change the downloaded file name to a simple name.

Otherwise you do it this way:

Create a new text file in your ATIFlash directory, name it FLASH.bat, and place this code into it:

@Echo off
cls

echo Flashing card 0 with BIOS.rom...
echo.
amdvbflash.exe -fa -fp -p BIOS.rom
echo.

pause
Assuming the new BIOS you want to flash onto your card is named BIOS.rom, this is the BIOS it will use for flashing.

Save your changes, then run the batch file by double-clicking on it.

Once you've received a success message, reboot your computer for the new BIOS to come into effect. If you can boot into Windows successfully, then that's good! (Note: your screen may flicker for a bit, because you basically have a new card, and Windows is trying to recognize it. If you want to be thorough, go ahead and do a clean re-install of your graphics drivers.)
I tried both verified BIOSes, the AMD unverified, and the Sapphire unverified. All of them were able to be flashed in AMD VbFlash 3.20 GUI, but none of them fixed the error after reboot; still error code 43. Just for the sake of being sure, I also tried flashing each BIOS file using the command line AMD VbFlash 3.20, and it likewise flashed correctly but did not fix the error 43.

Not sure if it's important but in the AMD VbFlash GUI, it does say that the size of the installed BIOS images is 0xAA00 whereas the downloaded ones are 0x100000. My understanding is that BIOS files are padded with 0s to exactly 1MB (sometimes 512KB for older generation GPUs), but the actual BIOS chip storage size might be different? Either way, for each BIOS file the CRC (I'm assuming this is some kind of checksum) reported in the AMD VbFlash 3.20 GUI after flashing is identical to the downloaded file, so it appears that the BIOS chip is flashing correctly.

The card does have a BIOS switch with 3 positions: 1 = Performance, 2 = Silent, and 3 = software switch for the Sapphire Software to switch between BIOSes on the fly. So far I've only tried flashing with the BIOS switch in the 1st position, but I also tried booting in the second BIOS switch position. This also does not work (error 43 again), The third BIOS position just allows for switching between the other 2 BIOSes, but for the sake of completeness I also tried booting in the 3rd position; it also spits out error 43. Normally the secondary BIOS is supposed to be left completely untouched when you're flashing, so you have a known working BIOS backup, but I'm certain the previous owner flashed over it. However, I have not tried flashing the second BIOS myself.

I'll save whatever is flashed onto the Silent position now, and try flashing that second BIOS position with the 2 verified and 2 unverified BIOS files from TPU.

In the mean time, maybe if someone on the TPU forums who owns this card could upload their working BIOS, I could give that a go. Or figuring out a way to flash the AMD Reference RX 6800 XT BIOS onto the card. I expect if it could be flashed with the reference BIOS, it would work correctly (not at the Nitro+'s factory overclock, but still better than a card that doesn't work at all). However if the BIOS is not the problem, what else could cause an error 43 in Windows? And is it anything that can be diagnosed or fixed?

Just tried flashing the second BIOS chip with the 2 verified and 2 unverified BIOS, no luck, still error 43.

I also tried running DDU and reinstalling the drivers. Also no luck, error 43.

I tried both verified BIOSes, the AMD unverified, and the Sapphire unverified. All of them were able to be flashed in AMD VbFlash 3.20 GUI, but none of them fixed the error after reboot; still error code 43. Just for the sake of being sure, I also tried flashing each BIOS file using the command line AMD VbFlash 3.20, and it likewise flashed correctly but did not fix the error 43.

Not sure if it's important but in the AMD VbFlash GUI, it does say that the size of the installed BIOS images is 0xAA00 whereas the downloaded ones are 0x100000. My understanding is that BIOS files are padded with 0s to exactly 1MB (sometimes 512KB for older generation GPUs), but the actual BIOS chip storage size might be different? Either way, for each BIOS file the CRC (I'm assuming this is some kind of checksum) reported in the AMD VbFlash 3.20 GUI after flashing is identical to the downloaded file, so it appears that the BIOS chip is flashing correctly.

The card does have a BIOS switch with 3 positions: 1 = Performance, 2 = Silent, and 3 = software switch for the Sapphire Software to switch between BIOSes on the fly. So far I've only tried flashing with the BIOS switch in the 1st position, but I also tried booting in the second BIOS switch position. This also does not work (error 43 again), The third BIOS position just allows for switching between the other 2 BIOSes, but for the sake of completeness I also tried booting in the 3rd position; it also spits out error 43. Normally the secondary BIOS is supposed to be left completely untouched when you're flashing, so you have a known working BIOS backup, but I'm certain the previous owner flashed over it. However, I have not tried flashing the second BIOS myself.

I'll save whatever is flashed onto the Silent position now, and try flashing that second BIOS position with the 2 verified and 2 unverified BIOS files from TPU.

In the mean time, maybe if someone on the TPU forums who owns this card could upload their working BIOS, I could give that a go. Or figuring out a way to flash the AMD Reference RX 6800 XT BIOS onto the card. I expect if it could be flashed with the reference BIOS, it would work correctly (not at the Nitro+'s factory overclock, but still better than a card that doesn't work at all). However if the BIOS is not the problem, what else could cause an error 43 in Windows? And is it anything that can be diagnosed or fixed?

Just tried flashing the second BIOS chip with the 2 verified and 2 unverified BIOS, no luck, still error 43.

This sounds like you got scammed on ebay.
See if you can just return the card and check with ebay or paypal or however you paid, for any protection programs that may cover your purchase.
A card should NEVER "code 43" for any reason whatsoever. Most of the time this is something to do with a failure with something related to some PCIE or bios transaction. Code 10 errors are even worse (these are usually direct dead hardware). Code 43 can happen from corrupt vbioses, damaged PCIE gold fingers or some other low level failure that happens after the card has been "started."
RMA it and buy a brand new one from an actual reseller next time please.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
This sounds like you got scammed on ebay.
See if you can just return the card and check with ebay or paypal or however you paid, for any protection programs that may cover your purchase.
A card should NEVER "code 43" for any reason whatsoever. Most of the time this is something to do with a failure with something related to some PCIE or bios transaction. Code 10 errors are even worse (these are usually direct dead hardware). Code 43 can happen from corrupt vbioses, damaged PCIE gold fingers or some other low level failure that happens after the card has been "started."
RMA it and buy a brand new one from an actual reseller next time please.

Sometimes drivers are bad

Sometimes windows is faulty.

There is one last thing you can try besides reinstalling Windows.

Download your motherboard's latest chipset drivers from your CPU manufacturer's website. Download the tool called display driver uninstaller.
Download the Radeon Pro Enterprise driver from here.

Disconnect from the internet-meaning pull lan cable or disable your wifi adapter.

Run Adrenaline Uninstaller, Restart when prompted then Run Display Driver uninstaller like you are changing gpu brands. Restart when prompted, Run it again. Then if there is an AMD folder on C: drive, open it and delete Adrenalin software.

Restart.

Install latest chipset driver restart

Then install the Radeon Pro Enterprise driver, restart when prompted and verify Error 43 is gone.

If not you can try to reinstall Windows, or Return the card as defective, or see if Sapohire will allow you to RMA whether paying for it or Free.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, gave it a shot with the enterprise driver and latest chipset drivers but still no dice. I'm guessing it was damaged by a previous owner or damaged during shipping, so I went ahead and returned it.

ocilfa

Have you tried flashing the vbios through freedos? I know I had a similar situation with an rx 480 that gave very similar messages and flashing within windows didn't help at all. Booting freedos off of a usb and flashing through there flashed right away and the card has worked fine ever since. Worth a shot at least.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Have you tried flashing the vbios through freedos? I know I had a similar situation with an rx 480 that gave very similar messages and flashing within windows didn't help at all. Booting freedos off of a usb and flashing through there flashed right away and the card has worked fine ever since. Worth a shot at least.
He returned it already. I do have a script method

zlatni

Hi,
I got these BIOS for the exact same card.
Saphire Nitro RX6800XT SE+

Attachments

• UPLOAD_00222802451.zip
    847.7 KB · Views: 71

zlatni

@eidairaman1

Can you post the script Method or send me via DM.
I have the same issue with this Model, got the original BIOS from Saphire what I posted in my previous post.
I exit every time with ERROR 0FL01.
Chipset is from Samsung.
I was unaible to succesfully run the bat script.

Here some info´s if you like to support or introduce me

C:\AMD\AMDVbFlash>amdvbflash -ai 1
AMDVBFLASH version 3.31 EXTERNAL, Copyright (c) 2021 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Adapter 1 (BN=0B, DN=00, FN=00, PCIID=00001002, SSID=0000E438)
Asic Family : Navi21
Flash Type : P25Q80H ( 0 KB)
Product Name is : NAVI21EXT Gaming XT D412
Bios Config File: 438X0FSG.U75
Bios P/N is : 113-438XTN-U75
Bios Version : 020.001.000.049.000000
Bios Date is : 12/28/20 22:15
Image 1 -- Offset 0x0
=======================
ROM header contents:
Signature 0xAA55
PCIR offset 0x0378
PCI Data Structure
Signature PCIR
Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x73BF
PCI Revision 0x00
Image size 0xAA00
Code revision 0x1401
Indicator 0x00 (Not last image)
Code type 0x00 (PCAT Image)
Legacy BIOS File Name 438X0FSG.U75
Legacy BIOS Part Number 113-438XTN-U75
Legacy BIOS Build Number 546136
Legacy BIOS Change List 2231477
Binary BIOS_IDTF 0xF0C4B3FF
ByteCheckSum 0
Image 2 -- Offset 0xAA00
=======================
ROM header contents:
Signature 0xAA55
PCIR offset 0x001C
PCI Data Structure
Signature PCIR
Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x73BF
PCI Revision 0x00
Image size 0x9600
Code revision 0x0000
Code type 0x03 (EFI Image)
EFI Signature 0x0EF1
Compression Type 0x0001 (compressed)
Machine type 0x8664 (X64)
Subsystem 0x000B (EFI boot service driver)
EFI image offset 0x0064 (abs: 0xAA64)
Uefi Ids from EFI_PCI_EXPANSION_ROM_HEADER:
UefiSourceRevision GOP AMD REV: 000.000.000.020.001
UefiSourceChangeList 2231477
UefiBiosBuildNumber 546136

Dump Gop Driver Info:
Machine type code X64
The GOP Driver appears to be Authenticode signed.
Size Of Gop Image 56640 (55 KB)
GOP Driver Name: AMD GOP X64 Release Driver Rev.3.0.0.Sep 6 2020.22:12:31
UEFI_MAJ_REV 3
UEFI_MIN_REV 0
UEFI_FIX_REV 0
LEGACY_MAJ_VER 0
LEGACY_MIN_VER 0
GOP AMD_Build 1816
GOP AMD_CL 1445104
GOP BIOS_IDTF 0xDEADBEEF
GOP Driver does notí☻ÌÞÛ.☺w⌂─
C:\AMD\AMDVbFlash>

Thx in advance =)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
@eidairaman1

Can you post the script Method or send me via DM.
I have the same issue with this Model, got the original BIOS from Saphire what I posted in my previous post.
I exit every time with ERROR 0FL01.
Chipset is from Samsung.
I was unaible to succesfully run the bat script.

Here some info´s if you like to support or introduce me

C:\AMD\AMDVbFlash>amdvbflash -ai 1
AMDVBFLASH version 3.31 EXTERNAL, Copyright (c) 2021 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Adapter 1 (BN=0B, DN=00, FN=00, PCIID=00001002, SSID=0000E438)
Asic Family : Navi21
Flash Type : P25Q80H ( 0 KB)
Product Name is : NAVI21EXT Gaming XT D412
Bios Config File: 438X0FSG.U75
Bios P/N is : 113-438XTN-U75
Bios Version : 020.001.000.049.000000
Bios Date is : 12/28/20 22:15
Image 1 -- Offset 0x0
=======================
ROM header contents:
Signature 0xAA55
PCIR offset 0x0378
PCI Data Structure
Signature PCIR
Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x73BF
PCI Revision 0x00
Image size 0xAA00
Code revision 0x1401
Code type 0x00 (PCAT Image)
Legacy BIOS File Name 438X0FSG.U75
Legacy BIOS Part Number 113-438XTN-U75
Legacy BIOS Build Number 546136
Legacy BIOS Change List 2231477
Binary BIOS_IDTF 0xF0C4B3FF
ByteCheckSum 0
Image 2 -- Offset 0xAA00
=======================
ROM header contents:
Signature 0xAA55
PCIR offset 0x001C
PCI Data Structure
Signature PCIR
Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x73BF
PCI Revision 0x00
Image size 0x9600
Code revision 0x0000
Code type 0x03 (EFI Image)
EFI Signature 0x0EF1
Compression Type 0x0001 (compressed)
Machine type 0x8664 (X64)
Subsystem 0x000B (EFI boot service driver)
EFI image offset 0x0064 (abs: 0xAA64)
Uefi Ids from EFI_PCI_EXPANSION_ROM_HEADER:
UefiSourceRevision GOP AMD REV: 000.000.000.020.001
UefiSourceChangeList 2231477
UefiBiosBuildNumber 546136

Dump Gop Driver Info:
Machine type code X64
The GOP Driver appears to be Authenticode signed.
Size Of Gop Image 56640 (55 KB)
GOP Driver Name: AMD GOP X64 Release Driver Rev.3.0.0.Sep 6 2020.22:12:31
UEFI_MAJ_REV 3
UEFI_MIN_REV 0
UEFI_FIX_REV 0
LEGACY_MAJ_VER 0
LEGACY_MIN_VER 0
GOP AMD_Build 1816
GOP AMD_CL 1445104
GOP BIOS_IDTF 0xDEADBEEF
GOP Driver does notí☻ÌÞÛ.☺w⌂─
C:\AMD\AMDVbFlash>

Thx in advance =)

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD

zlatni

@eidairaman1

I´ve downloaded latest Adrenalin PRO, DDU...
Disconnected from the Internet, then,
removed all AMD Drivers with DDU
after I looked for evtl. forgotten AMD deinstallations .exe,
installed Pro Adrenalin non-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-22.2.1-win10-win11-64bit-feb3.exe
all without Internet!
AMD recognized 2 gpus, rx470 and 6800xt but with Code 43.
I bought the card new and since Windows semi update last year in 2021 roundabout the semi update frpm Windows it stoped video output, maybe I aprupt shut down the PC while updating but I´m not sure. Cause I got a 2nd 6800xt card I still used the other and these one without Problems, these here one was catching dust since months.
Here is the original file bios_position3.rom
Saphire send me the "Original Bios Files BIOS:438X0FSP.U88 (Performane) /438X0FSP.S88 (Silent)" [UPLOAD_00222802451.zip] which I could not find in the techpower database.
I renamed it before I flashed in BIOS1&2.rom, original files still in zip. [UPLOAD_00222802451.zip]

All data are compressed in the zip file 6800xtse_troubleshoot.zip

Thx in advance to @@eidairaman1 and ALL other Who may help solve this issue

Attachments

• ATI_6800XT_POSITION_2.jpg
    ATI_6800XT_POSITION_2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 160
  • BACK.jpg
    BACK.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 116
  • qr.jpg
    qr.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 127
  • s88-1E438-001SA.jpg
    s88-1E438-001SA.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 106
  • SAPHIRENITRO+AMD6800XTSE.jpg
    SAPHIRENITRO+AMD6800XTSE.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot 2022-02-08 010423.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-08 010423.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot 2022-02-08 022005.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-08 022005.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 125
  • thumbnail_IMG_3069.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3069.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 125
  • thumbnail_IMG_3070.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3070.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 126
  • thumbnail_IMG_3073.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3073.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 96
  • thumbnail_IMG_3074.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3074.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 87
  • thumbnail_IMG_3076.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3076.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 126
  • thumbnail_IMG_3075.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3075.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 126
  • thumbnail_IMG_3078.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3078.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 134
  • thumbnail_IMG_3079.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3079.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 144
  • crc.jpg
    crc.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 140
  • bios_position3.rom
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • UPLOAD_00222802451.zip
    847.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 6800xtse_troubleshoot.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro

Things I've tried:

Any ideas?

Do you want the proper way or the super sketch way?

Last edited:

zlatni

@Totally if you mean me ...
Of course the right dude, but I´m also not affraid of the sketchy way :D
I mean I have a lot of Experience with IT and have svereal deep skills but since a year I´m specially interested in GPU´s, f.ex. I know very eatch Part, what what does etc...
I´m not doing what I am not sure, what I do...

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Are you sure its not the rx 470 causing the error 43?

zlatni

Are you sure its not the rx 470 causing the error 43?
Dude ,
I wish it were the rx, but unfortunately it's not,,, here's the excerpt from the Device Manager... Yesterday it wasn't marked as defective, but I think it depends on the bios setting whether it shows the error or not, everything seems clean on the photo from yesterday, but gpuz says something else... see photos

Attachments

• error43.jpg
    error43.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 149
System Name Mixed Bag of OC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Maxsun MS-iCraft B550M WIFI
Cooling CPU+GPU on Water with 3 X 420 Rad´s
Memory 32GB Patriot Viper RGB @ 3800 Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) XFX Merc 310 RX 7900 XTX
Storage 2TB Kingston Fury + 2TB Samsung PCIe 4 NVME
Display(s) Philips 48OLED806
Case Selfmade Huuuuuge *Case* :)
Audio Device(s) ifi Zen DAC + Monoprice M1060C & Burmester Replica AMP + Selfmade Huuuuuge Speakers :)
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TX-750
Mouse Kensington Slimblade (main device) + Razer Basilisk V3 (for FPS)
Keyboard Sharkoon PureWriter RGB, Kailh Blue switches
VR HMD None
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores do not matter, my PC is fast :)
If it has the wrong bios on it you can only forceflash (-f) the navi 21 cards in linux: https://github.com/stylesuxx/amdvbflash with the command: "sudo ./amdvbflash -f -p 0 <file>" 0 ist the adapter number if you have more gpus in the system you need to check wich one to flash to, if the card does not start and gives you a displaysignal after that, then its most likely dead.

Dude ,
I wish it were the rx, but unfortunately it's not,,, here's the excerpt from the Device Manager... Yesterday it wasn't marked as defective, but I think it depends on the bios setting whether it shows the error or not, everything seems clean on the photo from yesterday, but gpuz says something else... see photos
Do you have RGB on the Fans as well or only on the Backplate?
if you have a full RGB Card and want to try everything, you could try to flash an older bios version .45 instead of .49 like you have on the card right now: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/237293/237293 but be aware you might only be able to force flash this bios in linux.

if you WANT!/need more detailed instrucions, please ask and i try my best to help.

Last edited:

zlatni

If it has the wrong bios on it you can only forceflash (-f) the navi 21 cards in linux: https://github.com/stylesuxx/amdvbflash with the command: "sudo ./amdvbflash -f -p 0 <file>" 0 ist the adapter number if you have more gpus in the system you need to check wich one to flash to, if the card does not start and gives you a displaysignal after that, then its most likely dead.

if you have a full RGB Card and want to try everything, you could try to flash an older bios version .45 instead of .49 like you have on the card right now: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/237293/237293 but be aware you might only be able to force flash this bios in linux.

if you WANT!/need more detailed instrucions, please ask and i try my best to help.
Hi lowrider_05

All 3 Fan´s are spinning the hole time and changing in very beautyful RGB Stil :D 8 [FULL RGB]
I´m worried about to flash another BIOS, because SAPHIRE gave me the ORIGINAL Bios, I didn´t see any Benefit in this moment.
I will compare in Hex Editor your BIOS and Saphire´s one to find some differences...

yes I WANT !!!/ I posted a huge .zip with all screenshoot´s and comand´s... what Info did you need and from which OS? WIN/OS ?
I AM FAMILIAR WITH BOTH SYSTEMS AM NOT A NOOB IN IT BUT THE GPU IS CHALLENGING ME ;)

PS: f.ex: under Linux i find the card but without VRAM Chip xxx-xxx-xxx

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3168.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3168.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 85
  • thumbnail_IMG_3170.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3170.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 106
  • thumbnail_IMG_3171.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3171.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 86
  • thumbnail_IMG_3172.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3172.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 82
  • thumbnail_IMG_3173.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3173.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 76
  • thumbnail_IMG_3174.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3174.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 42

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD

You must install a driver from version 3.15 onward

System Name Mixed Bag of OC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Maxsun MS-iCraft B550M WIFI
Cooling CPU+GPU on Water with 3 X 420 Rad´s
Memory 32GB Patriot Viper RGB @ 3800 Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) XFX Merc 310 RX 7900 XTX
Storage 2TB Kingston Fury + 2TB Samsung PCIe 4 NVME
Display(s) Philips 48OLED806
Case Selfmade Huuuuuge *Case* :)
Audio Device(s) ifi Zen DAC + Monoprice M1060C & Burmester Replica AMP + Selfmade Huuuuuge Speakers :)
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TX-750
Mouse Kensington Slimblade (main device) + Razer Basilisk V3 (for FPS)
Keyboard Sharkoon PureWriter RGB, Kailh Blue switches
VR HMD None
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores do not matter, my PC is fast :)
Hi lowrider_05

All 3 Fan´s are spinning the hole time and changing in very beautyful RGB Stil :D 8 [FULL RGB]
I´m worried about to flash another BIOS, because SAPHIRE gave me the ORIGINAL Bios, I didn´t see any Benefit in this moment.
I will compare in Hex Editor your BIOS and Saphire´s one to find some differences...

yes I WANT !!!/ I posted a huge .zip with all screenshoot´s and comand´s... what Info did you need and from which OS? WIN/OS ?
I AM FAMILIAR WITH BOTH SYSTEMS AM NOT A NOOB IN IT BUT THE GPU IS CHALLENGING ME ;)

PS: f.ex: under Linux i find the card but without VRAM Chip xxx-xxx-xxx
OK, if you have the intended BIOS from sapphire and were able to flash it and it still does not work, then the card has an Hardware defect and you should not bother with flashing anything else.

zlatni

Ok Gentleman, let´s try in Linux to force it =)

I will make screenshoots =)