1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Underpowered system

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by patton45, Oct 31, 2007.

1. patton45

patton45

Thanks Received:
    So i just tried to push my fx-62 to 3.8 and my gtx to 700/1050 suddenly my comp got unstable so i unclocked the gtx and ran 3dmark pi aquamark and cpu burn in for 24 hrs no issues then tried the gtx again no luck so i under clocked the cpu again back to 3.4 and bumbed up the gtx and wouldnt you know everything was stable i checked my volts in speed fan and they say everything is cool but over the years ive learned to take speed fan with a grain of salt. now im runnin a 500w antec neo he and ive never had problems with it when i had both gtx in the same system i ran them off of it and it seemed fine but now im wondering if my system is undermpowered due to the overclocking of every last part does anyone have a total wattage usage tool? i have a wattage meter to tell me what the psu is suckin from the wall but nothin to tell me what the comp is sucking away

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    I doubt your FX-62 can reach 3.8! That's way out of its normal range!

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    If you could do that well... you would be beating the C2Ds!!!

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. patton45

patton45

Thanks Received:
    it can reach it no problem i normaly run between 3.3 and 3.6 depending on if im benchmarking or just gamimng some dude got his to 4.4 on phase change im on a home built a/c
    and no my cousins c2d e6600 is at the sam 3.8 and it beats mine very easily in 3dmark06 and 05

But thats not my problem ive never had a problem maxing componenets just need some help finding a volt tool ive been lookin for a few days but cant find the one that give me the right info

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
    10 Year Member at TPU