• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlock phone code?

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
Anyone ever buy a unlocking phone code from the net? I wanna do it but most of the sites seem kinda shady.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
All the time. I buy mine from ebay though

Software Win10 64bit

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
No.

Here is the thing. If it's not paid off, it won't be unlocked. Say I buy my phone full retail price or pay off the lease, however you want. It can be unlocked because you own that phone. If it is still under lease/contract/not paid off, the phone will be flagged in all carriers.

I work for Sprint, I would know.

No.

Here is the thing. If it's not paid off, it won't be unlocked. Say I buy my phone full retail price or pay off the lease, however you want. It can be unlocked because you own that phone. If it is still under lease/contract/not paid off, the phone will be flagged in all carriers.

I work for Sprint, I would know.

That's true only if the phone is subsidized/discounted for a contract. If it's on a no contract payoff plan, it belongs to the sub even if they skip out and don't return it. I had a bad split with Sprint and refused to return the phone because they lied to me when I did an upgrade and then wouldn't refund me for service I paid for and couldn't use. I would know. ;)

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
That's true only if the phone is subsidized/discounted for a contract. If it's on a no contract payoff plan, it belongs to the sub even if they skip out and don't return it. I had a bad split with Sprint and refused to return the phone because they lied to me when I did an upgrade and then wouldn't refund me for service I paid for and couldn't use. I would know. ;)
You got a shitty care agent when you called. I credit days of service missed back.

Reactions: xvi
System Name I overclock AMD setups
Processor AMD 8320+ @ 4.95GHZ / AMD 6300 @ 4.8 Ghz / AMD 8350 @ In RMA
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Gigabyte 970-D3P
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengace
Video Card(s) MSI GAMING GTX 980 @ 1545Mhz core
Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) Acer 144hz
Case Coolermaster CM 690 III (White Version)
Audio Device(s) Creative Titanium Fatality Pro
Power Supply Corsair Hx750i
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Microsoft Digital Media
Software Windows 10 64
Benchmark Scores 23.0k on Skydiver, 8.1k on Firestrike. 1.5k single, 9.7k multi CPU-Z
Yes I've done it before, but not off Ebay. I just used the most reputable looking site I could find off Google. Didn't get ripped off.

Locking the phone to a provider in any way other than the unlock code is illegal where I'm from, not sure about America.

You got a shitty care agent when you called. I credit days of service missed back.
Oh no. This wasnt A shitty care agent. This was I was lied to when I upgraded by the guy in the store that an SRP deal had been struck and I'd be back in home coverage within a couple weeks (I had gone in there just to have my old phone's screen replaced under TEP, had he not told me that I would never have upgraded).. Then when that didn't happen I battled with DOZENS of different people at all levels including executive over the course of MONTHS and literally close to a hundred hours trying to get to the bottom of it. I'm 4 hours from the corporate headquarters so I was even tempted to go there and yell at someone in person. What it came down to is that they were charging me $80 a month for unlimited everything, but since I lived in a roaming area and this roaming agreement that was supposedly signed never happened (it eventually did, but not until almost a year later) I was only getting 100 minutes and 300mb of data before they cut me off for the month. I refused to pay the bill until I got the service I was paying for but that never happened. They kept pushing disconnect dates 'pending investigation', but they refused to credit me for the service. Then their 'final offer' was to credit me $100 (the balance was over $500 at that point) but they wanted the phone back. I told them where to shove it. Then they billed me for the balance on the phone, which I refused to pay so they sent it to collections, but I disputed it and got it knocked off my credit report. It'll be a cold day in hell before they get any money out of me. But anyways I sold the phone on ebay, the buyer checked the ESN before he paid and it was clear, so they didn't blacklist it.

Last edited:

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Oh no. This wasnt A shitty care agent. This was I was lied to when I upgraded by the guy in the store that an SRP deal had been struck and I'd be back in home coverage within a couple weeks (I had gone in there just to have my old phone's screen replaced under TEP, had he not told me that I would never have upgraded).. Then when that didn't happen I battled with DOZENS of different people at all levels including executive over the course of MONTHS and literally close to a hundred hours trying to get to the bottom of it. I'm 4 hours from the corporate headquarters so I was even tempted to go there and yell at someone in person. What it came down to is that they were charging me $80 a month for unlimited everything, but since I lived in a roaming area and this roaming agreement that was supposedly signed never happened (it eventually did, but not until almost a year later) I was only getting 100 minutes and 300mb of data before they cut me off for the month. I refused to pay the bill until I got the service I was paying for but that never happened. They kept pushing disconnect dates 'pending investigation', but they refused to credit me for the service. Then their 'final offer' was to credit me $100 (the balance was over $500 at that point) but they wanted the phone back. I told them where to shove it. Then they billed me for the balance on the phone, which I refused to pay so they sent it to collections, but I disputed it and got it knocked off my credit report. It'll be a cold day in hell before they get any money out of me. But anyways I sold the phone on ebay, the buyer checked the ESN before he paid and it was clear, so they didn't blacklist it.
Constant roaming would've been an account termination due to lack of service (which is a thing, it's just dumb as hell to try to push it through) and it also waives ETFs. With your insurance advanced exchanges would've been a thing on top of insurance warranties, but since it's more of a tower issue hence the roaming, I've seen your situation MANY times.

Too bad you didn't get me at the time, since somehow where I'm at we get shit done. Sorry you had to go through that.

Reactions: xvi
Software Win10 64bit
I used the ebay link from above and it worked!! $2 so cheap.

Last edited: