• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

This has nothing to do with the sound card since mine supports dolby and dts. It's the driver realtek that's the issue
I meant get an PCI soundcard.

This has nothing to do with the sound card since mine supports dolby and dts. It's the driver realtek that's the issue
I'm pretty sure you spend more on cigarettes and drink that how much a used soundcard costs.

Syconut

I do neither so not reall
So imagine something that you spend on weekly or monthly htah you coulf do without for a while, and then get a soundcard. What should it be, I'll help you out,be your coach - starbucks? fast sandwitches? public parking? Drive a bike, make coffie at home, make your own cake, fry your own sandwitches... for example?

Look at the specs for the z390 tomahawk. Pretty sure its pci plus 7.1
I dont see it comes with a soundcard only a onboard chip.

Look at the specs for the z390 tomahawk. Pretty sure its pci plus 7.1
The specifications dont mention Dolby or DTS. If you have money for that motherboard then you surely have for a modern dedicated soundcard. LOL!

That board has worse audio than some 2007 boards! What is the world coming to?

Can you try and download these drivers that are correct for that motherboard?
Drivers

Syconut

So imagine something that you spend on weekly or monthly htah you coulf do without for a while, and then get a soundcard. What should it be, I'll help you out,be your coach - starbucks? fast sandwitches? public parking? Drive a bike, make coffie at home, make your own cake, fry your own sandwitches... for example?

I dont see it comes with a soundcard only a onboard chip.

The specifications dont mention Dolby or DTS. If you have money for that motherboard then you surely have for a modern dedicated soundcard. LOL!

That board has worse audio than some 2007 boards! What is the world coming to?

Can you try and download these drivers that are correct for that motherboard?
Drivers
What's the gigabyte link for? And on msi site that's where I got my driver

What's the gigabyte link for? And on msi site that's where I got my driver
Then you definitely downloaded the wrong driver. I realize it's a low quality product - like most motherboards, but I absolutely cant believe they made ultra-low quality drivers that cant properly function with their own motherboard.

The gigabyte link is for comparison to show how a 2007 motherboard has better audio capabilities than that low-end tomahawk.

Realtek® ALC892 Codec
7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
Supports S/PDIF output

Gigabyte
  • Realtek ALC889A codec
  • High Definition Audio
  • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  • Support for DTS (dts NEO:pC)
  • Support for S/PDIF In/Out
  • Support for CD In
Really, it wont hurt your wallet to get a dedicated soundcard and stop using ultra low-quality audio on-board audio chips that come with motherboard and it's bad drivers. Lol there are 2007 soundcards that whose drivers have full windows 10 support and all features. And if you really want good audio, then get a Professional dedicated soundcard instead of those plastic speakers.

Hello Fellas.
Here are screens with my new modded drivers for Realtek HD Audio & Sound Blaster X-fi 5.1 Surround Pro (SB1095) with Dolby Digital Live & Dts Interactive included Dts Neo Pc, Dts Connect and Dts Digital Surround active. I will upload all nesessary software coming soon!
Download links.....
View attachment 150317View attachment 150318View attachment 150319View attachment 150320View attachment 150321View attachment 150322View attachment 150323View attachment 150324View attachment 150325View attachment 150326View attachment 150327View attachment 150328View attachment 150329

Here are download links:

Have fun!
Link download invalid!

@MysticQc
I had sent you a PM with good tips and shall more to come. :)

Hello I have Z390 AORUS EXTREME ALC1220- Realtek chip

I just WANT Dolby Digital LIVE to play 5.1 games. There are too many files PLZ link me NEWEST and signed (safe) file. Please my soundcard broke. I need 5.1 :/

starkyalicante

First of all.. sorry if there are mistakes , english is not my mother tongue

I want to obtain Dolby digital and 5.1 with a spdif optical cable audio toslink ... I use a kind of thing like this one : https://www.amazon.es/AmazonBasics-...ild=1&keywords=5.1+hdmi&qid=1602583519&sr=8-8

I have a G3 dell 15 laptop with the chipset Realtek ALC3204 with MaxxAudio Pro

i tried with some firmwares but i could'n done it ...

could you help me ? What should i do step by step?

Thanks in advance

Hello buddies,

First of all.. sorry if there are mistakes , english is not my mother tongue

I want to obtain Dolby digital and 5.1 with a spdif optical cable audio toslink ... I use a kind of thing like this one : https://www.amazon.es/AmazonBasics-...ild=1&keywords=5.1+hdmi&qid=1602583519&sr=8-8

I have a G3 dell 15 laptop with the chipset Realtek ALC3204 with MaxxAudio Pro

I tried with some firmwares but i could'n done it ...

could you help me ? What should i do step by step?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
Win10 after instaling newest update is reinstaling/ups my Audio Drivers through windows update and automatic install.... destroying my patched DDL and Enhacements.
What should i do ? HELP !

Last edited:

jean.2703

same problème here , windows update force new driver.

i dont see any working link here. ( decode light is off now )

and i have "old driver" Realtek Driver with X-Fi, DDL & DTS (ver. 6.0.1.8158)

archive here

but an "KGAGEN.exe" file reported as trojan .... ( malwarebyte / virustotal) ...

false positive possible ,but
any clean version is welcome

Last edited:

wcometh

Hi. First time here. And thanks for all the work done here.

1. Is there a list of codecs that the patched drivers work on?
2. I have an HP Elite 800 G2 with ALC221. This is an older model, but is running Win 10 easily. I searched this forum and cannot find specific mention of ALC221 working with this.

Really appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thansk!

sylva1

Hi guys! Great thread.

Here is another one for the optical output: On "Supported Formats" testing, every speaker gets the signal separately in both DTS and DD. However, on the Advanced Testing Tab, I get the old "Failed to play test tones". I did everything possible in Windows and Realtek configuration, but no dice. Haven't the faintest idea why I fail in Advanced, but not in the Supported Formats tab. Of course, no 5.1 sound on optical, only 2 channel PCM. I am on the initial Win10's FREE release, no updates of any kind bc the computer is not ever used for browsing. I am using dvojinov's moded Realtek driver (2017, I think available on this site, don't have the page off hand and not sure about the author's name. There's some discussion of it on pg. 47) where he already has the patched files incorporated. Any opinion?

ps: forgot to mention that I am NOT using my home theater for games, only for videos and DVDs (movies)

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX
Cooling Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe, Kingston KC2500 2TB NVMe, Western Digital Blue 500GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow, White, with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan x 5
Audio Device(s) On board ALC1200 to Yamaha TSS-10 5.1 channel Amplifier
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed with SteelSeries QcK Prism Cloth Mouse Pad
Keyboard Logitech G815 LIGHTSYNC (Tactile)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Superposition: 4277 Heaven: 2628 3DMark Time Spy: 11776 3DMark Fire Strike: 30281
I am not sure how to test whether my Logitech g906 speaker is working using the optical output from my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master.
I believe I have everything upto date - Drivers and Windows.

I did the following Steps:
1 - Uninstalled the Realtek HD Drivers and restarted PC
2 - I downloaded both Realtek R2.80 & R2.82 Zip files as I tried both. (Note R2.80 allowed the Realtek Manager, where as R2.82 did not)
3 - I then extracted the zip file to an install folder on the Desktop
4 - I then downloaded and used the Realtek HD Sound Driver Patcher (A1) from Pihto (22-04-2015) and copied it to the install folder
View attachment 135968
5 - I applied the patch to both RltkAPO.dll & RltkAPO64.dll in the Win64 folder
6 - I then ran the setup as administrator after successfully patching the files
7 - During the installation, a pop-up from Windows Security requesting to install the unverified driver/publisher, which I selected to install anyway
View attachment 135969
8 - After installation completed, I restarted the PC

For the R2.80:
View attachment 135964View attachment 135965View attachment 135966
View attachment 135967View attachment 135970
View attachment 135971
Note in the sound properties, the configure button is greyed/blocked
In Realtek Digital Output Advanced tab, I had both DTS & Dolby Digital Live (5.1) options included
In Realtek HD Audio manager, if the Dolby Digital Live was selected, the Dolby/DTS tab cannot be used. When changing the option as shown above to DTS it unblocks the slider(not sure what the slider does though) - How ever still don't know how to send a test sound/tone through individual speakers?

For R2.82:
View attachment 135972View attachment 135973
Note that Realtek HD manager does not open with R2.82

So, I am not sure how to test whether this is working or not?

What I tried, was to download a DTS trailer demo and ran it through VLC Media Player with these settings and it seemed to be working?
View attachment 135974

So is there a way to configure and test each individual speaker(distance/independent volume), including the Surround L/R, asthe test signal in Sound Manager plays a stereo sound, like the oooold Realtek HD manager used to do in the early 2010s?

For now, I'm going to run with the R2.82 modded driver and assume it working as DTS and hopefully get my surround game on for the first time? I Hope.

Thanks to the modders/Developers!
Man I was really hoping this would work with my most recently updated Windows 10. version. I got as far as step 4, extracted the Patch, & copied it to install folders of both the 2.81 & 2.82 drivers, but Windows security just wouldn’t let me run it even after giving it permission & also with Administrator Rights...

Is there another way to get it to run??

P.S. 5.1 speakers work when performing the speaker test within Windows (the one where you test the various modes (DTS/Dolby) & bitrates.

On "Supported Formats" testing, every speaker gets the signal separately in both DTS and DD.

Yep, this is the test where my 5.1 works, but I don’t get them all appearing within Realtek Manager - the Optical Output only indicates “L,R” for me...

sylva1

Hey, Ralfi!

I have an MSI X570 game board. No soundcard. Sound chip pretty decent, not pro quality, but little noise. Just as a reference, let me mention that digital output means that the sound chip's DA converter will totally be circumvented so that conversion would happen in the receiver (or other target device), which might have better or worse converter than the chip on the board. I finally got frustrated with the realtek drivers and downloaded Finotty's latest AAF (or AFF, don't quite remember) moded realtek driver. BEFORE you install it make sure you've deleted every remnant of Realtek in the Register. Not everything is possible to delete. Leave those lines in there, they won't do any harm. When installing the AAF, Windows 10 (in my case free edition, giveaway, mid 2014 and never updated), it complained 2 or 3 times about something (don't remember exactly what it was) but I went ahead with installation anyway. After Windows came up with 'Installation Complete', I rebooted and DTS/DD worked just fine for movies and videos via optical output, all channels rendered separately. In Digital, speakers won't come up on the Realtek interface, and that's for a good reason, since you don't use analogue outputs from the computer, but just the optical cable that will transmit the digital info to your receiver. In THERE you'll do the config of the speakers. You have to pay much attention to configuring your receiver correctly as to speakers, Listening mode and frequency separation (depending on whether you have an entire equalizer or just frequency regions like my 15 years old 7.1 Onkyo receiver.) When you connect, say, your headphones to the front or back phone jack, THEN the speaker tab would pop up in the interface and you'll be able to see them. Maybe you know all of this, I just mentioned it. Good luck, S.

Storage Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe, Kingston KC2500 2TB NVMe, Western Digital Blue 500GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Superposition: 4277 Heaven: 2628 3DMark Time Spy: 11776 3DMark Fire Strike: 30281
Hey, Ralfi!

I have an MSI X570 game board. No soundcard. Sound chip pretty decent, not pro quality, but little noise. Just as a reference, let me mention that digital output means that the sound chip's DA converter will totally be circumvented so that conversion would happen in the receiver (or other target device), which might have better or worse converter than the chip on the board. I finally got frustrated with the realtek drivers and downloaded Finotty's latest AAF (or AFF, don't quite remember) moded realtek driver. BEFORE you install it make sure you've deleted every remnant of Realtek in the Register. Not everything is possible to delete. Leave those lines in there, they won't do any harm. When installing the AAF, Windows 10 (in my case free edition, giveaway, mid 2014 and never updated), it complained 2 or 3 times about something (don't remember exactly what it was) but I went ahead with installation anyway. After Windows came up with 'Installation Complete', I rebooted and DTS/DD worked just fine for movies and videos via optical output, all channels rendered separately. In Digital, speakers won't come up on the Realtek interface, and that's for a good reason, since you don't use analogue outputs from the computer, but just the optical cable that will transmit the digital info to your receiver. In THERE you'll do the config of the speakers. You have to pay much attention to configuring your receiver correctly as to speakers, Listening mode and frequency separation (depending on whether you have an entire equalizer or just frequency regions like my 15 years old 7.1 Onkyo receiver.) When you connect, say, your headphones to the front or back phone jack, THEN the speaker tab would pop up in the interface and you'll be able to see them. Maybe you know all of this, I just mentioned it. Good luck, S.
Thanks, Sylva

Ok, so the optical connection treats the signal like a PCM & decodes the relevant channels in the amp? If that’s the case, then it should be all good.

I have a basic Yamaha 5.1 system for my PC, which supports DTS/DD, but for these modes to work in 5.1, I need to set this receiver initially to Pro Logic II (Movies or Music) for it to automatically switch to pure DTS or DD modes. If I turn the Pro Logic mode off completely, then the DTS/DD test sounds only come through the front speakers.

I’m hoping this is all good for games/movies, but I’ll need to test it out more.

Software Windows 10
Well, i've made some progress. I'm still yet to test things out, but i've got DTS/DD appearing in both the Windows Digital Output Advanced tab & Realtek HD Audio Manager now!...

1609474002538.png

On the Advanced Tab, I get a tone through the L-R channels only, but on the Supported Formats tab I get a tone through 5.1 channels with both DTS Audio & Dolby Digital (which I did prior to installing the patch).

My Specs...
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎4/‎09/‎2020
OS build 19042.685
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 (yes old!)

Speakers/Amp: Yamaha TSS-10 http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/home-theater-speaker-systems/yamaha/tss10.html

Drivers used were from my Motherboard's website https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z68 Extreme3 Gen3/index.asp#Download
("Realtek_Audio(v7560).zip")

& I used the Patch others here have used. This patch caused the most headaches, as you needed to (a) Allow Windows to access it in Windows Defender & (b) delve into the file properties & allow permission for all users listed. Once that's done, then you can patch the relevant files with this patch file moved into the drivers folder containing the two files that need patching.

I followed the instructions here (which I found after Googled this issue & included my motherboard)...

The solution:
  1. You need to download this patcher (alternative link) that will enable the missing features.
  2. Download a driver that is still compatible with the patcher - in my case I've used version 2.82, the file name is "0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe" (this is a two year old driver!!! I've tried to use the official one for my motherboard but the patcher didn't work).
  3. Unzip the driver installer .exe file (using WinRAR for example) to access the contained files and patch "RltkAPO.dll" and "RltkAPO64.dll" in the "WIN64" directory (see "[Filename]" section in the patcher user interface).
  4. Install the driver (run "Setup.exe" from the extracted driver) - here you might get a warning from Windows that the driver is not signed!
  5. Reboot and finish configuration in the "Sound" window:
    a) on the tab "Enhancements" check "Disable all sound effects"
    b) on the tab "Advanced" select "Dolby Digital Live (5.1 Surround)" or "DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround)" - FINALLY!!!
Will start testing soon hopefully...

EDIT...Tests completed!

DTS/Dolby Atmos demos & a multi-channel game all worked as expected - the Yamaha AMP switched to whichever default format mode (DTS or Dolby) I selected in the Realtek HD Manager & they accurately had sound coming from surround channels (not mimicking the fronts).

Spotify also forced the AMP to switch to whichever mode I selected, but retained the songs in 2 channel, as it should.

So it's all working now!!! Thanks for the tips here, people. It was a struggle, but we got there....

Last edited:
Ok, please help me out. Looking for the BEST SOUNDING driver for the ALC887 chipset (Gigabyte mobo)

Looking for a link (read a lot of the thread and could not find a working link). Not as interested in Dolby or DTS, so long as this is the best sounding 2-channel driver. Hopefully also supports 176.4khz/24 bit output as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

legendos

@ Ralfi
It works perfectly! Thanks for your instructions!

@ foxm01

I have the aorus x570 xtreme rev. 1.1 This is the flagship mainboard from gigabyte.

Just follow the instructions from Ralfi. The link for the patcher is under "The Solution:"

At point no. 1!

hero355

Hey there, I have asrock b550m steel legend motherboard which supports 7.1 channel surround system via spdif. I have LG 4.1 Channel SLM4R sounbar and i connected it to my pc, but i get only stereo in movie and games, tried my versions from techpowerup forum but can't make it to work, Can aynone help?

Mobo audio specs:
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1200 Audio Codec)
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection
- PCB Isolate Shielding
- Individual PCB Layers for R/L Audio Channel
- Gold Audio Jacks
- Nahimic Audio

Software Windows 10
Hey there, I have asrock b550m steel legend motherboard which supports 7.1 channel surround system via spdif. I have LG 4.1 Channel SLM4R sounbar and i connected it to my pc, but i get only stereo in movie and games, tried my versions from techpowerup forum but can't make it to work, Can aynone help?

Mobo audio specs:
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1200 Audio Codec)
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection
- PCB Isolate Shielding
- Individual PCB Layers for R/L Audio Channel
- Gold Audio Jacks
- Nahimic Audio
Hey.

Looks like the only difference between our systems is the Realtek chip (I have the Realtek ALC892).

So try downloading the Asrock driver here http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550M Steel Legend/index.asp#Download

& then follow the steps in my post above.

You may need to download the Realtek audio control software separately via Windows (hopefully an automatic update...).

hero355

Hey.

Looks like the only difference between our systems is the Realtek chip (I have the Realtek ALC892).

So try downloading the Asrock driver here http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550M Steel Legend/index.asp#Download

& then follow the steps in my post above.

You may need to download the Realtek audio control software separately via Windows (hopefully an automatic update...).
I just noticed realtek driver from asrock site has no rltkapo.dll instead of there is only RltkAPOU64.dll . Will it work if i patch?

Edit: Nope i just tried it didn't patch error

Software Windows 10
I just noticed realtek driver from asrock site has no rltkapo.dll instead of there is only RltkAPOU64.dll . Will it work if i patch?

Edit: Nope i just tried it didn't patch error
Ahh sorry it didn’t work. There has to be something for the ALC1200 somewhere. Maybe try the driver from Realtek’s website instead of AsRock one?