• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 11 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
Thanks, i managed to install both scenarios (DD and DTS) separatly, and test them.
The situation is exactly the same. Everything is working fine except Horizon Forbidden West
Seems this game uses some new sound output dependence in win 11, which is somehow incompatible with these encoders.
Strange though, that through HDMI it works fine.
sorry for the late reasponse however try useing fxsound with the ddp encoder enabled and hook fxsound to the device its a free virtual soundcard i had the same issue with overwatch 2 and fxsound fixed it but i have to use fxsound everytime i wanna play overwatch 2 with my 5.1 system

Thanks, i managed to install both scenarios (DD and DTS) separatly, and test them.
The situation is exactly the same. Everything is working fine except Horizon Forbidden West
Seems this game uses some new sound output dependence in win 11, which is somehow incompatible with these encoders.
Strange though, that through HDMI it works fine.
and its simple every game uses its own encoder some use lpcm some use directsound some use dolbys tech some use custom encoders so when a game supports object baced surround not just channel baced surround it cannot decode over spdif due to bandwith limitations however fxsound is seen by windows as a hdmi device bypassing any bandwith issues

aswell u well have to make windows see that fxsound is 5.1 under the configure tab in your sound settings just like you would with a hdmi device hope this helps :)

Journeym

sorry for the late reasponse however try useing fxsound with the ddp encoder enabled and hook fxsound to the device its a free virtual soundcard i had the same issue with overwatch 2 and fxsound fixed it but i have to use fxsound everytime i wanna play overwatch 2 with my 5.1 system

and its simple every game uses its own encoder some use lpcm some use directsound some use dolbys tech some use custom encoders so when a game supports object baced surround not just channel baced surround it cannot decode over spdif due to bandwith limitations however fxsound is seen by windows as a hdmi device bypassing any bandwith issues

aswell u well have to make windows see that fxsound is 5.1 under the configure tab in your sound settings just like you would with a hdmi device hope this helps :)
Thanks for trying to help, i tried this scenario, and the result is the same ) I even recorded video, though the sound on video was fine dispite me hearing tearing all over.
So it seems the sound coming out of the fxsound adapter is fine, as it is recorded on obsstudio w/o tearing. Problems start on my optical output.
Anyway, here is the video, at least you can check if i configured fxsound correctly.
Horizon zero down sound (youtube.com)

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Thanks for trying to help, i tried this scenario, and the result is the same ) I even recorded video, though the sound on video was fine dispite me hearing tearing all over.
So it seems the sound coming out of the fxsound adapter is fine, as it is recorded on obsstudio w/o tearing. Problems start on my optical output.
Anyway, here is the video, at least you can check if i configured fxsound correctly.
Horizon zero down sound (youtube.com)
untick both dts and dd in supported formats the advanced tab overrides besides that u did everythang correct sadly im so sorry my dood it may just be your av reciver

Journeym

untick both dts and dd in supported formats the advanced tab overrides besides that u did everythang correct sadly im so sorry my dood it may just be your av reciver
Another question.
Im planning to try an analog connection to my reciever using 3.5mm to 2 x rca cables for 5.1 using realtek analog connection
Can i attach a DTS or DD audio enhancer to analog output? Does that make any sense?

1713474226149.png

Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Another question.
Im planning to try an analog connection to my reciever using 3.5mm to 2 x rca cables for 5.1 using realtek analog connection
Can i attach a DTS or DD audio enhancer to analog output? Does that make any sense?

View attachment 344174
yes dolby digital plus home theater for anolog devices should work

Journeym

yes dolby digital plus home theater for anolog devices should work
Whats your preferred enhancer? As far as i understand i can use any of them on analog output, reciever gets analog signals anyway.
And another small question. Is there an option to get windows enhancments on analog output? Like the ones from Enhancments tab on HDMI, room correction, specifically.
1713543694884.png

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Whats your preferred enhancer? As far as i understand i can use any of them on analog output, reciever gets analog signals anyway.
And another small question. Is there an option to get windows enhancments on analog output? Like the ones from Enhancments tab on HDMI, room correction, specifically.View attachment 344324
dd+ is what i use but i use a soundbar with a usb to optical connection to my pc everythang elts anolog etc youll have to test on your own

Journeym

So i tried different scenarios like HDMI and andlog audio, and quality of sound was much worse then on SPDIF with codec.

I managed to get horizon forbidden west to work practically w/o problems
The fix for my specific situation was:
Use Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO | TechPowerUp Forums
Install realtek APO (to get both DTS and DD)
For horizon game specifically switch to DD and enable Stereomix in mute mode, with listen to SPDIF, with maximum availible format. (strange thing that format on this adapter has a strong relation to distortions on SPDIF in this game specifically, meaning - higher format > less distortion) Same thing with DTS also work, but it still have hearable distortions even on max format of stereomix adapter. In dd bitrate shown on my reciever is 2x lower, and no distortion with same setting, so i think it is related.
For other games i use DTS, it has much better sound, and disable stereo mix, there are no problems in any game i tried (AC Odissey, Heady rain, Control, etc.)

Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
So i tried different scenarios like HDMI and andlog audio, and quality of sound was much worse then on SPDIF with codec.

I managed to get horizon forbidden west to work practically w/o problems
The fix for my specific situation was:
Use Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO | TechPowerUp Forums
Install realtek APO (to get both DTS and DD)
For horizon game specifically switch to DD and enable Stereomix in mute mode, with listen to SPDIF, with maximum availible format. (strange thing that format on this adapter has a strong relation to distortions on SPDIF in this game specifically, meaning - higher format > less distortion) Same thing with DTS also work, but it still have hearable distortions even on max format of stereomix adapter. In dd bitrate shown on my reciever is 2x lower, and no distortion with same setting, so i think it is related.
For other games i use DTS, it has much better sound, and disable stereo mix, there are no problems in any game i tried (AC Odissey, Heady rain, Control, etc.)
that is odd could be the reltalk driver version your motherboard came with my laptop diddnt come with ddp but its brother dolby digital advanced audio because of this installing ddp was super easy and all works for me my laptop even came with the profile changer application preinstalled in my reltalk driver for ddp but sense i diddnt have ddp i had dda i dont have the dolby digital out feature useing stock drivers aswell im not modifying my reltalk drivers at all due to how my pc handles usb audio im useing microsofts usb audio driver for my device my pc says "dolby audio" on it and i can use dda still on my aux port i would check your motherboard out and see stock what audio formats it may support

that is odd could be the reltalk driver version your motherboard came with my laptop diddnt come with ddp but its brother dolby digital advanced audio because of this installing ddp was super easy and all works for me my laptop even came with the profile changer application preinstalled in my reltalk driver for ddp but sense i diddnt have ddp i had dda i dont have the dolby digital out feature useing stock drivers aswell im not modifying my reltalk drivers at all due to how my pc handles usb audio im useing microsofts usb audio driver for my device my pc says "dolby audio" on it and i can use dda still on my aux port i would check your motherboard out and see stock what audio formats it may support
and this is just speculation i dont know for sure if thats why it was easier for me to install however stock my pc only handles sterio audio and dolby digital advanced audio surround virtualization for built in speakers and headphones only wasnt until i found the apo drivers i linked before i could use 5.1 dd+ without haveing to edit the edie file of my hdmi device