• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 11 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

dirtybirdz1017

Is there anything that will work for ALC 4080?

My mobo is asus z690-f.

Trying to just output DDL 5.1 to my Soundblaster g6.

Any recommendations/replacements? What are most people doing that used optical as 5.1? HDMI?

Medtner

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the z690-f that is struggling with this. Getting the surround DTS with the "decoding" light on the z906 isn't easy, I guess...

I had an Z390 Auros Master previously, and had to go through these hoops every time I needed to reinstall or something happened to the audio drivers. I never really understood what I did, and thus never really remembered what to do. Always a complete dumpsterfire.

Many people say it can't be done, but I know I have had it done so that I can get surround in my games. It works, but I don't know how, and I have spent 5-6 hours this evening trying to figure it out.

Again, glad I'm not alone, and also that this forum seems to have a nerd or two that can help a brother out.

Many thanks for the efforts people go through! :-D

a_alchemist

I am so glad and sad at the same time, glad I found this forum and the geeks here, sad because I upgraded to z690 yesterday, which after research I found that the "decoding" light on the z906 wouldn't lit coz of this ALC-4080 USB based thing. I am not much of a technical geek, have had been using a Maximus VII ranger since 2015, worked like a charm over SPDIF. No matter whatever I do, it didn't work.

Staying tuned with fingers crossed for an update on this.

filipefc

Hello!!

there is a method that can be used to HDMI > HT too?

I have a nvidia gpu and Sony HT thay supports Dolby Digital and DTS over SPDIF and HDMI.

someone know a tutorial to use Dolby Digital Live or DTS Interactive on my HDMI?

my HT accept this formats

2.png

and I have this controller

Screenshot_2.png

Rainer

Hi Guys, I did the Patch and indeed have DD now :) however, I can't get my realtek control panel to work. No matter what I do it just won't start. I also tried opening RAVCpl64.exe a couple of times - without success.

Is there a hack for the realtek tool too?Anyone having similar issues? I'm on Win11 btw. If there is no other option I would be fine with the Windows settings but it still would be nice to have the full range of options. Many thanks!!!

------------------- EDIT --------------------------------------------

Ok it definitely has to be R2.80. I tried with 2.82, which is not working for the HD panel. For anyone having trouble finding a zip download for R2.80 (other link was exe): https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/REALTEK/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-280.shtml

Last edited:

DDL51

I'm running a 2010 Mac Pro with OpenCore and UEFI dual-booting macOS and Windows 11 21H2 (22000.652) - so the latest version. I disabled Secure Boot, Driver Signing, and Defender, then followed these instructions, and I was able to get DDL and DTS Interactive showing in Realtek HD Audio Manager, but it's not working properly in games like Overwatch. I only hear sounds from the Front-Left and Front-Right speakers.

The last time it was working properly was probably around early February. I could hear discrete sounds from all 5 individual channels, depending on my position. If a gun was firing behind me and to the right, I heard it from the right-rear speaker. As my character rotated, the sound would move from speaker to speaker properly, as expected.

I run Overwatch around March 8, and suddenly I only hear sound from the Front-Left and Front-Right speakers.

I test it in Windows Sounds > Playback tab > double-click Realtek Digital Output > Supported Formats tab > under Encoded formats, select Dolby Digital > Test > I hear 6 discrete sounds from 6 discrete separate channels properly (5 + sub). I click the Advanced tab > Default Format is Dolby Digital Live (5.1 Surround) > Test > I hear the same test sound from the Front-Left, a pause (which would presumably be the center channel), then the proper test sound from the Front-Right...and that's it. Every time, I see the "DECODE" light actuated on my Logitech Z906 "receiver." I check the General tab > Jack Information > Rear Panel RCA Jack - which is incorrect. I am connected via optical TosLink cable.

Spatial Sound is off.

FWIW, in the Realtek HD Audio Manager > Speaker Configuration tab > only 2 speakers are showing, and in the Speaker configuration sub-section, Stereo is selected and grayed out/greyed out/disabled. So, it seems the machine isn't detecting the fact that the speakers are connected via TosLink. So, I disconnected and reconnected and even tried a different cable. No changes.

I uninstalled the drivers, tried the latest ones, tried the Windows ones, reinstalled Windows, and tested just about everything else I could imagine.

What the heck could've happened over the last few weeks? Radeon RX580 update? I'm out of ideas.
Screenshot 2022-04-27 220452.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 220515.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 220549.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 220610.png

Last edited:
I'm running a 2010 Mac Pro with OpenCore and UEFI dual-booting macOS and Windows 11 21H2 (22000.652) - so the latest version. I disabled Secure Boot, Driver Signing, and Defender, then followed these instructions, and I was able to get DDL and DTS Interactive showing in Realtek HD Audio Manager and working in games like Overwatch: I could hear discrete sounds from all 5 individual channels, depending on my position. If a gun was firing behind me and to the right, I heard it from the right-rear speaker. As my character rotated, the sound would move from speaker to speaker properly, as expected.

The last time it was working properly was probably around early February.

I fired it up around March 8, and suddenly I only hear sound from the Front-Left and Front-Right speakers.

I test it in Windows Sounds > Playback tab > double-click Realtek Digital Output > Supported Formats tab > under Encoded formats, select Dolby Digital > Test > I hear 6 discrete sounds from 6 discrete separate channels properly (5 + sub). I click the Advanced tab > Default Format is Dolby Digital Live (5.1 Surround) > Test > I hear the same test sound from the Front-Left, a pause (which would presumably be the center channel), then the proper test sound from the Front-Right...and that's it. Every time, I see the "DECODE" light actuated on my Logitech Z906 "receiver." I check the General tab > Jack Information > Rear Panel RCA Jack - which is incorrect. I am connected via optical TosLink cable.

Spatial Sound is off.

FWIW, in the Realtek HD Audio Manager > Speaker Configuration tab > only 2 speakers are showing, and in the Speaker configuration sub-section, Stereo is selected and grayed out/greyed out/disabled. So, it seems the machine isn't detecting the fact that the speakers are connected via TosLink. So, I disconnected and reconnected and even tried a different cable. No changes.

I uninstalled the drivers, tried the latest ones, tried the Windows ones, reinstalled Windows, and tested just about everything else I could imagine.

What the heck could've happened over the last few weeks? Radeon RX580 update? I'm out of ideas.View attachment 245232View attachment 245233View attachment 245235View attachment 245236
The solution is to remove the audio drivers again with DDU and follow the realtek installation guide again, patching its dll

DDL51

The solution is to remove the audio drivers again with DDU and follow the realtek installation guide again, patching its dll
Just kidding. I just tried it again, and same problem. Nothing has changed except the fact that I haven't booted to Windows on this machine in about 2 weeks, but I did update macOS to 12.4. So as you previously suggested, I removed the audio drivers again using DDU, making sure to disable both my wifi and ethernet connections while running DDU in Safe Mode, then I followed the Realtek installation guide, patching its DLL, and still I'm having the same issue as previously stated.

Just kidding. I just tried it again, and same problem. Nothing has changed except the fact that I haven't booted to Windows on this machine in about 2 weeks, but I did update macOS to 12.4. So as you previously suggested, I removed the audio drivers again using DDU, making sure to disable both my wifi and ethernet connections while running DDU in Safe Mode, then I followed the Realtek installation guide, patching its DLL, and still I'm having the same issue as previously stated.
try to use versions older than R2.80, such as R2.70

DDL51

Ok. I’ll try it.

This did not work unfortunately. I still only hear 2.1 sound. It's as if I have the proper drivers that show Dolby Digital Live 5.1 in the sound options, and it is selected, but it's like I don't have the proper license to unlock/utilize DDL 5.1.

Last edited:
I have tried DDU, DDU in safe mode, but no matter what I do, Windows automatically installs the latest Realtek drivers, after which the old drivers won't install. Any ideas?

DDL51

I have tried DDU, DDU in safe mode, but no matter what I do, Windows automatically installs the latest Realtek drivers, after which the old drivers won't install. Any ideas?
Download the drivers you need, then disable all networking and restart in safe mode.

Thanks, I tried this and it still doesn't work / defaults to the regular drivers. I'm happy to get the buy the proper licenses, if that were an option. Otherwise, I'll just settle for getting a proper sound card.

DDL51

So I just used DDU to wipe out all the old drivers and let Windows take over. Here is what it installs by default:

1653419383792.png
1653419394643.png

Notice it says "Rear Panel Optical Jack" and Dolby Digital is available. When I test, I hear sounds from all 6 channels.

But no Dolby Digital 5.1. Only 2 channel:

1653419450598.png

I also have AMD Radeon Adrenalin software installed. I wonder if this is somehow conflicting. Should I remove it?

Is the below unsigned driver an issue?

1653458110746.png

Last edited:

DDL51

For what it’s worth, nothing worked, so I decided to connect an HDMI cable from my video card to a 5.1 receiver, and now surround it working as expected.

I don’t think optical is a long term tenable solution. In fact, it seems the entire industry is heading away from optical and DDL/DTSC because as much as I enjoy tinkering, HDMI seems to be a better standard that is more widely supported without the need for hacks. For further evidence, I look no further than the current generation Mac Pro; no optical in or out. Just HDMI.

Anyway, thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Duende

So I just used DDU to wipe out all the old drivers and let Windows take over. Here is what it installs by default:

View attachment 248692View attachment 248694

Notice it says "Rear Panel Optical Jack" and Dolby Digital is available. When I test, I hear sounds from all 6 channels.

But no Dolby Digital 5.1. Only 2 channel:

View attachment 248696

I also have AMD Radeon Adrenalin software installed. I wonder if this is somehow conflicting. Should I remove it?

Is the below unsigned driver an issue?

View attachment 248756
I was waiting for your feedback, just create my account to thank you. I'm in the exact same situation.

The strange thing that when i play the netflix app on 5.1 audio all the speakers works just fine.
Maybe if i use potplayer (i just care for 5.1 in movies/series) it can be solved? @Ferather know so much, maybe he can help me out. I will try send him a message.

Anyways, thanks so much everyone!

I am assuming this will work on windows 10 too? I still running asrock z170 extrame plus with ALC1150 and modifed drivers 7614 from 2018?

Just download newest drivers and use that patch?
last time I tried the AAF drivers everything worked but the DDL

sefbacsi

Hi I`m not pc expert Please can you make video step by step ? thank so much

Hello, It does not work with the ALC1220A codec of the Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 board, when starting the installation it says error. I need some drivers for this board and this codec to amplify the sound from the SPDIF optical output, I don't need pro-logic or other upmixers, my own my home-cinema has its own. The problem is that the sound is too low, not even with the APO Equaliser I can't get the sound amplified enough, it can be heard a bit more than stock (with the Equaliser Apo), but not nearly as good as with my previous Z370-E board (ALC1220 codec without letter "a") ant this drivers (#206):.

@Gustavo Sicha @Ferather @AAF Optimus

System Name ASUS ROG Strix G15CE 2021 Gaming Desktop
Processor Intel Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz
Motherboard Mobo ASUSTeK G15CE (LGA1200)
Cooling iCUE H150i ELITE CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Storage Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 Gaming Monitor 32"
Case ASUS ROG Strix
Audio Device(s) VIRTUOSO RGB WIRELESS XT T-PAIN Edition
Mouse Corsair DARK CORE RGB PRO
Keyboard Corsair K63 Wireless
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 bit
Thanks you so much working everything fine in windows 11 version 21H2 OS Build 22000.778

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2022.07.11 - 04.34.41.23.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.07.11 - 04.34.41.23.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 384
  • Desktop Screenshot 2022.07.11 - 04.35.39.76.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.07.11 - 04.35.39.76.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 366