• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Neco

looks like corrosion... have you inspected the entire system for busted capacitors or anything like that?

Looks like it is also present on the PCI bracket as well.. maybe something environmental ?

bilberto

hi
i followed all the steps to install this modification but I get an error "realtek audio driver failure" and I could not prove it.
motherboard = dz77ga70k
Os = windows8.1 (64bits) I can change it to 8 or 7, if necessary
audio codec = alc898
Controller audio = 'm not sure if was the R262, R271, R272, or R263

I'm sure that i Disabled the driver signature enforcement
I uninstall the previous audio driver and modify the new one by replacing that you provided me

novice121

Hey guys, so I have an Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 motherboard, and recently bought cheap Logitech G230 headphones not for gaming actually, and will soon get good/expesive Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional headphones.

My question is how can I get the most out of my motherboard's onboard sound?
I have no idea what any of this means mostly:

Quote:
Audio - 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec)
- Premium Blu-ray audio support
- Supports Purity Sound™
- 115dB SNR DAC with differential amplifier
- TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier (Supports up to 600 ohm headsets)
- Direct Drive Technology
- EMI shielding cover
- PCB isolate shielding
- Supports DTS Connect

It says it has some sort of amp and dac built in? I read everywhere to avoid getting a sound card because they are crap compared to a DAC, but those dacs are too expensive for me (can't spend anymore than 50$ for any extra audio enhancement solution).

So do I need to find a way to connect the S/PDIF output to my headphones? Is that necessary at all? Am I just good enough plugging the Audio-Techinca's to the back of the mobo analog inputs and get the correct drivers?

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
looks like EMI insulation spray to me

peterjam

Hey everybody,
I just did this on my new PC that I just built and got some good (but weird) results, so I wanted to see if you guys could help me.
First up, my motherboard is an Asus z87m-plus, with an Intel Core i7 4770, and my OS is Windows 7 64 bit.
I installed and modified the drivers with no problem, and I can enable DD live or DTS connect. However, now all of the system sounds are reproduced on all speakers: youtube videos, system alerts, everything. If I play a video that uses DD or DTS then that plays fine, with every speaker reproducing the sounds it's supposed to, but everything else gives me the same sound from all of the speakers.
Now, when I play a game like The Stanley Parable or Dear Esther, the exact same thing happens, the same sound from every speaker, and that is after I enable 5.1 speakers on the game options, this is with either DD live or DTS connect enabled.
If I play Call of Duty Ghosts, then I get a flawless 5.1 sound, with the speakers working properly, but if I play Battlefield 4, I do get surround sound, but the center speaker never produces a sound, even when there are characters talking in front of me.
I've read through all 14 pages of this thread and couldn't find a similar problem, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

R.2.75 driver is working with Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 32 bit and 64 bit - R2.73 M1 modification!!!
Great!
:clap:

MajinMLF

Im trying to connect to my 5.1 Cambridge System via Optical Out.

I used the start/stop.bat mechanic provided here to set to dolby digital - however it only works half way - my decoder shows dolby digital signal
but i only receive audio from the 2 front speakers and 1 center speakers, not from the rear 2. I cannot select any speaker setup for optical out.

What should i do?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Im trying to connect to my 5.1 Cambridge System via Optical Out.

I used the start/stop.bat mechanic provided here to set to dolby digital - however it only works half way - my decoder shows dolby digital signal
but i only receive audio from the 2 front speakers and 1 center speakers, not from the rear 2. I cannot select any speaker setup for optical out.

What should i do?

do you have a 5.1 source material?

MajinMLF

do you have a 5.1 source material?

I havent tested it with 5.1 source material yet, however with my other PC i was able to clone the front and rear output. Even when i select the Music Setting on my Decoder which usually will do this if the Computer does not, it wont work.

Im testing with spotify atm - how can i get it to clone the audio to all 5.1 channels?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I havent tested it with 5.1 source material yet, however with my other PC i was able to clone the front and rear output. Even when i select the Music Setting on my Decoder which usually will do this if the Computer does not, it wont work.

Im testing with spotify atm - how can i get it to clone the audio to all 5.1 channels?

you cant, thats not how this works. you need a 5.1 source.

MajinMLF

you cant, thats not how this works. you need a 5.1 source.

That is incorrect. You can - you always could mirror channels from front to back.

When i connect my DTT3500 to my Audigy i can use 5.1 regardless auf the Source if i select the Surround = True Setting.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
That is incorrect. You can - you always could mirror channels from front to back.

When i connect my DTT3500 to my Audigy i can use 5.1 regardless auf the Source if i select the Surround = True Setting.

Thats upmixing, and not how dolby digital encoding/DTS connect work. They convert an existing analogue signal, to a digital one. You cant use the dolby music etc features on your receiver, because it wont allow you to from a 5.1 source.

If you used software upmixing on the analogue side of things, then that upmixed content would be sent across - but you'd also lose 5.1 positional audio, and just get two channels worth of sound (voices would be mute, etc)

MajinMLF

I never used software upmixing - im telling you the audigy and DTT3500 Desktop Theatre from Creative was able to do that on the hardware side.

Im just asking how i can replicate this with the Realtek - since i cannot configure any speaker setup for optical i cant upmix the signal to more than the left, center and right channel.
There is already some upmixing, once i enabled dolby i was getting sound from the center speaker too, previously it was only from the left and right.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I never used software upmixing - im telling you the audigy and DTT3500 Desktop Theatre from Creative was able to do that on the hardware side.

Im just asking how i can replicate this with the Realtek - since i cannot configure any speaker setup for optical i cant upmix the signal to more than the left, center and right channel.
There is already some upmixing, once i enabled dolby i was getting sound from the center speaker too, previously it was only from the left and right.

you're asking how and i'm saying you cant. creative had a lot of upmixing features that audiophiles hated, because upmixed stereo like that made it impossible to actually have 5.1 sound.

the settings you're using directly translate it across - if you start with stereo, you're keeping stereo.

MajinMLF

you're asking how and i'm saying you cant. creative had a lot of upmixing features that audiophiles hated, because upmixed stereo like that made it impossible to actually have 5.1 sound.

the settings you're using directly translate it across - if you start with stereo, you're keeping stereo.

Well basically every soundcard i have seen so far had an option to use surround to make sterio to 5.1 audio - this is not limited to creative drivers, im personally using the kxdrivers for my audigy
If the realtek is unable to use surround via optical than i dont see a point using the modified drivers at all, might as well get a cheap old audigy again

Prisoner of Time

Something new about unlocking DTS-Connect on an Realtek ALC 1150 Chip?

I have bought two months ago, a grat FM2+ Mainboard (MSI A88X-Gaming), with all features I need. Well not all (DTS-Connect suport), but most of them. :-/
So I don't want to buy a soundcard to. ;)

BossMafioso

Watch Dogs not support DDL and DTS connect, game developers are aware of this problems, specify the audio panel only 2.0 stereo.

I found a way to make the DTS connect working with every game including Watch Dogs.
First download this
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/63956719/file.html.
Then install the VBCABLE and reboot PC.
Go to playback devices and set the CABLE Input as default output device and go to configure and set channels to 5.1

Open VBCABLE_ControlPanel.exe in VBCABLEDriver_Pack42b folder and make sure the max latency is 7168 smp lowering this value can broke sound and Internal SR can be set even at 96000Hz it still works well.
Then you have to open GraphEdit.
Press CTRL+F and go to WDM Streaming Rendering Devices and double click on VB-Audio Point, then from Audio Renderers select Realtek Digital Output, not DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output because this have much more latency. Close the filters searching window and connect the both boxes like that

And press play icon. You can't close the GraphEdit because it will stop working.
You can also save the graph and then just open the saved graph.
It's all. If you do everything well the latency will be very small I think it is the normal latency generated from Realtek.

Sorry for my english :D

Last edited:
Reactions: XSI

MajinMLF

Still looking for a solution to get surround from spotify and other sources via optical out. in Win7 there is a fill speaker option but that does not work - the home theatre tab in the modified drivers should offer exactly what i want - but it doesnt work (as stated by somebody else already in this thread)

A Test Trailer with DTS 5.1 worked fine, but games like AC4 or Thief wont offer 5.1 either.

BossMafioso

AC4 and Thief not support Realtek DTS Connect/DDLive and the home theatre tab will upmix stereo to 5.1 to get native 5.1 from the both games try my solution with VBCABLE and GraphEdit it working for 100%!!!!

HateBlackOps

Many thanks 2bad - i got this working on my Asus z87 Pro motherboard.

It has enabled my to use the DDL output for my turtle beach px4 headphones - saving me £50 on an asus sound card.

I installed the R273 drivers using the normal install and then copied the modded driver to the windows system folder.

To bypass the "press F8" i am running windows in test mode and have used a program to "sign" the driver.

It is very annoying that the MB supports it but just the drivers dont enable it.

Can i ask though - how do you go about finding how to do these things?

does anyone know how to sign a driver?

Hm...i think this might help http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn653579(v=vs.85).aspx

MajinMLF

AC4 and Thief not support Realtek DTS Connect/DDLive and the home theatre tab will upmix stereo to 5.1 to get native 5.1 from the both games try my solution with VBCABLE and GraphEdit it working for 100%!!!!

I did try that, it didnt work for me

too much hassle imho, im getting a used audigy for 5$ now to use kxdrivers which works with anything on my 2nd pc for years

BossMafioso

If you install unlocked drivers and you are able to turn on DTS Connect the solution must work. If i find a bit free time maybe i'll make tutorial in youtube and show also how to make the bat script using nircmd to make that easier for future.

Prisoner of Time

I would find it better, if you dont create a YouTube tutorial, and create an driver for the Realtek ALC 1150 instead. :)