• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

See, that is the problem I have. I was thinking about building me a new machine. I have no idea which mobo to get that has DTS and DDL out of the box. I don't need anything fancy, just want that function built in already.

The webpages for the specific motherboards might say "Dolby"/"DTS." Otherwise, you might have to look at the manuals, which is... silly.

My MSI doesn't have it (though some older ones did I believe).

I see DTS in the details of the ASUS ROG boards (just a random look-see). I don't see it mentioned on the Pro Gaming boards. I skipped out on the ASUS's because, at the time I built mine 4 years ago, there were reports of faulty/flaky ASUS boards for that generation. Hopefully not the case to that extent anymore.

Last edited:
Well currently I still have that 2008 HP PC, this has a board from Asus. But it has the Bios from HP of course.

whoiscat

Hi!

Thank you so much for all the great advice on this thread.
So far I've installed:
* 7673_PG436_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL
* Replaced sys folder dll with one from Modified 275 dll.rar
* The dlls from DTS_DDL_surround_FIX straight to sys folders
Fallout 4 works with DTS interactive and sounds beautiful.

However I have a problem with Netflix/streaming in general with Chrome and Firefox. Everything is coming from right and left front speakers only. In my previous machine I had soundblaster x-fi titanium pcie card which enabled me to hear proper 5.1 DTS interactive from streams in Chrome using the --force-wave-audio flag.

I have windows 10 10586.36 and maximus viii hero motherboard

Any ideas how to proceed?

I fixed my problem: I uninstalled the realtek drivers and installed the ones provided by ASUS on their website. Now everything works perfectly: netflix and youtube (upscale?) nicely to 5.1, games work too.

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
About DTS implementation on Realtek boards , it actually depends more on the chip it self for example this one
http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=284

It clearly shows that ALC892-DTS-CG has DTS capability the rest comes then to the manufacturer or brand if they wiling to pay for licence or not ..or what we do here .
So,as you can see there are actually TWO type of ALC892-CG & ALC892-DTS-CG so if you are unfortunate and got the first one aka ALC892-CG on your mobo it is obviously that you will not get DTS working , some attention has to be payed to that as well.

People might say well I have ALC892 on board and I'm not able to get DTS working ??? not knowing that they have version of the chip which actually doesn't supported in first place , how to know which one you have..only by looking at the chip it self it should be written on it in full name and signature.

Both of them are able to do 5,1/ 7.1 but the CG is limited and not actually supporting DTS :(

I have read somewhere they call their chips something like green and blue specification Its in essence the same chip however the green spec is actually lower in capabilities or something similar If I come across this again Ill post it here .

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/datasheets/ALC892-CG_DataSheet_1.3.pdf

And some more bad news , apparently DTS is charging too much for licencing so the Brands & manufacturers of PC components basically avoid DTS and usually implement Dolby Digital Live or some other form of Dolby.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition

as this release is Business related I'm not sure it has the multimedia support like "normal" editions it may lack the support for 5.1 completely and as they are LTSB it means it will not receive updates on major scale . Bare in mind that just recent updated Windows 10 got the 5.1 support fixed .

found the differences between ALC chips it is in the PDF:

ALC892-CG - LQFP48 "Green" Package

ALC892-DTS-CG- ALC892-CG package/features and include DTS connect licence

edumariano

Hi Guys,

Anyone got M1 Method working on Windows 10?

Hi again!!!

I believe I figured out... I tried to run the DSEO in compatibility mode (Windows 7), then restarted the computer, and its alive!!!

Netflix working in Dolby Digital trought Opt-Out and games runing to...
Kodi working fine in pass-through mode.

Thanks Guys!!!

Pihto

Hi friends!
Try to apply this patch to newest drivers. I made patch a long time ago, but it must to work properly till now.

Edit by moderator:
The ZIP archive uses password "realtek", because antivirus flags it otherwise.
We are unsure whether this file contains a trojan or not, please read the comments below

Attachments

• realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 67,604
Hi friends!
Try to apply this patch to newest drivers. I made patch a long time ago, but it must to work properly till now.
So you install the stock driver and then run this patch? What exactly does it do?
Or do you have to patch before install? Does it work on ANY driver package?
Could you please elaborate about the correct way to run this?

If this is what I think it is and it works like that, you sure deserve the Nobel Peace Prize my friend!

Last edited:

Pihto

do you have to patch before install? Does it work on ANY driver package
Patch before install. It works on any driver package.))
This patch is based on A1 method (by 2bad). Also it automatically patch registry.
Nothing new, it's all previously known.

Irenicus

Hi!

Thank you so much for all the great advice on this thread.
So far I've installed:
* 7673_PG436_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL
* Replaced sys folder dll with one from Modified 275 dll.rar
* The dlls from DTS_DDL_surround_FIX straight to sys folders
Fallout 4 works with DTS interactive and sounds beautiful.

However I have a problem with Netflix/streaming in general with Chrome and Firefox. Everything is coming from right and left front speakers only. In my previous machine I had soundblaster x-fi titanium pcie card which enabled me to hear proper 5.1 DTS interactive from streams in Chrome using the --force-wave-audio flag.

I have windows 10 10586.36 and maximus viii hero motherboard

Any ideas how to proceed?
Turn Dolby Home Theatre on to get pseudo surround on Youtube vids etc

Irenicus

I made an account to say THANKS! For 5 years i wonder WHY Optical out would only output 2 channel. then came across this, did as instructed and BAM DD/DTS both work threw Optical out now connect to my DA555ES.. IF the realtek drivers SUPPORT this why the hell are they locked? is no way of unlocking this via registry only? is replace files and doing the above the only way??

That 2 strikes for realtek audio

1st strike was 5 years worth of system lock up/freeze when ever i had Voice chat programs running with anything HW accleratated require me to disable HW accleration in firefox/java/flash etc or any program using hw acc. every driver going back to 2009 suffered from this untill 2.75 driver which is suddenly start working correct.

2nd strike this whole Optical out is locked to 2 channels only in official releases....

Why is the function locked in Realtek offical drivers
Optical is not limited to stereo with official drivers. I've been using unmodded drivers for years and optical works just fine for bitstream audio ie; watching movies using MPC-HC/AC3 encoder with passthrough for DTS and Dolby digital.

It's only for games (and other non bitstream sources) that 5.1 via optical doesn't work with official drivers, due to the way game audio is coded (or however you'd like to put it). DTS interactive and DDL circumvents that by encoding the analogue stream to digital.

I agree though, it's a little low of them when the hardware is capable of doing it that these features are unavailable with the official drivers.

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
See, that is the problem I have. I was thinking about building me a new machine. I have no idea which mobo to get that has DTS and DDL out of the box. I don't need anything fancy, just want that function built in already.
I'm not aware of any motherboards that have DDL out of the box, honestly. Higher tier motherboards typically only have DTS:Connect from what I've seen.

I'm not aware of any motherboards that have DDL out of the box, honestly. Higher tier motherboards typically only have DTS:Connect from what I've seen.
So you're saying pretty much that what we have here with unlocked drivers, fully enabled, you can't buy anywhere with stock drivers installed?
On the other hand, since we have this unlocked driver, there is actually no point of trying to find it. I just get a board with Realtek Onboard Audio and use these drivers. It doesn't really matter anymore. LOL

Patch before install. It works on any driver package.))
This patch is based on A1 method (by 2bad). Also it automatically patch registry.
Nothing new, it's all previously known.
Observing the patcher, I noticed it says something about applying a registry fix. What does that part do?

Oh, it's that particular registry key, I know that one. I still have to apply that one manually. The patcher doesn't implement it. When I check the Registry after patching it isn't there. So I type it in again manually.

Edit: I tried it several times after several reboots. The dll gets patched, but the audio registry key does not get added.

Last edited: