• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

tom446

Asus z270e with SupremeFX soundcard. Can i unlock this card?
Just try it out, normally all newer Realtek HD Audio Chips are supporting DDL and DTSI and can be unlocked.

Iam running on the newest Windows 10 Pro N x64 Version, fresh installed with all updates and wanted to say, that the Realtek Driver Version R2.81 ist working too with the unlock!

My Mainboard is Asrock z77 Pro4-M so not the newest one, but everything is working fine with my Logitech Z906 Sound System connected to SPDIF via Optical Cable.

So thanks to all of you for new informations about the unlock!

Greetings from Germany :D

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Asus z270e with SupremeFX soundcard. Can i unlock this card?
yes you can ..NO you dont really need it as your mobo audio has :Realtek® ALC S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3 and comes out of the box with DTS full implementation including DTS Connect
Audio Feature :
- DTS Connect
- DTS Headphone:X
as DTS is supperior to DDL I see no reason to use the hack to enable DDL ,just install regular realtek drivers and everything should be fine at least it is on my Asus Z170-a

Karmaa

yes you can ..NO you dont really need it as your mobo audio has :Realtek® ALC S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3 and comes out of the box with DTS full implementation including DTS Connect
Audio Feature :
- DTS Connect
as DTS is supperior to DDL I see no reason to use the hack to enable DDL ,just install regular realtek drivers and everything should be fine at least it is on my Asus Z170-a
I wish it was like that on my end. I have a asus striz z270e and when i go into my Realtek Manager i dont have 5.1 options.

Audio Feature :
- DTS Connect
I NEED DDL for my Astro A50 headset

Last edited by a moderator:
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
what exactly doesn't work with your Astro A50 ? how are they connected ? I see optical if you connect this way Dolby is pass through so it should work regardless of DTS or DTS-I if you connect via USB then this becomes device of its own and has nothing to do with onboard sound or that USB has other function ?

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"
what exactly doesn't work with your Astro A50 ? how are they connected ? I see optical if you connect this way Dolby is pass through so it should work regardless of DTS or DTS-I if you connect via USB then this becomes device of its own and has nothing to do with onboard sound or that USB has other function ?
From what I was able to find, the A50 is a stereo headset that uses its own proprietary software called Astro Command Center to upsample stereo to 5.1 or 7.1.
@Karmaa Do you have the Astro Command Center installed?

Karmaa

From what I was able to find, the A50 is a stereo headset that uses its own proprietary software called Astro Command Center to upsample stereo to 5.1 or 7.1.
@Karmaa Do you have the Astro Command Center installed?

I have the astro a50 gen2, The comand center isnt available for my version. It has a wireless transmitter with and op in and out, powered by usb. The encoding astro uses is DDL. Which does not show up in my realtek manager

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
so how do you "link" Astro with on board audio ? apply the ~hack~ and you will get DDL but I seriously doubt it will change anything for you .

Karmaa

so how do you "link" Astro with on board audio ? apply the ~hack~ and you will get DDL but I seriously doubt it will change anything for you .
The transmitter is powered by usb and then a toslink from the transmitter to the back of my Mobo. The encoding in the astro transmitter is DDL. I cant get anything but stereo sound at the moment. Im pretty unclear what drivers and stuff to use for windows 10.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
now that has some sense however the ASTRO is DECODER your mobo Audio will do the Encoding in that case . All you have to do is to apply the A1 method or modify the latest Realtek driver yourself using PHITO,s patch ( He is a member of this forum) and if you do the procedure correctly you will get Dolby Digital LIVE as Default Output .
Even now when you watch movies who are Dolby Digital and play games who have Dolby Digital to select it should work . you can do a quick test from SOUND PANEL > Realtek Optical out >Supported Formats > Select Dolby DIgital and hit TEST ..you should get ENCODED signal to your Astro and if it DECODES correctly you should here some PING sound .

Karmaa

now that has some sense however the ASTRO is DECODER your mobo Audio will do the Encoding in that case . All you have to do is to apply the A1 method or modify the latest Realtek driver yourself using PHITO,s patch ( He is a member of this forum) and if you do the procedure correctly you will get Dolby Digital LIVE as Default Output .
Even now when you watch movies who are Dolby Digital and play games who have Dolby Digital to select it should work . you can do a quick test from SOUND PANEL > Realtek Optical out >Supported Formats > Select Dolby DIgital and hit TEST ..you should get ENCODED signal to your Astro and if it DECODES correctly you should here some PING sound .

Thanks for your replies.

I am not sure what the A1 method is and I did try running the patcher but didnt seem to get any other options in the realtek manager. (Sorry Im just getting back into PC) Been on console for 20 years. When I open the sound panel and select Dolby Digital I do get a "Ping" sound thru my headset. But when I go into the Realtek Audio Manager and change the output I have no 5.1 Surround or 7.1 option.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
2017-02-22.png
ok now that actually works correct and how it should work , because now we know your ASTRO Decodes encoded Dolby signal correctly . For that the default output doesn't have to be set to Dolby Digital Live but without that you will always have stereo except for ENCODED DOLBY DIGTAL signals once that is DETECTED it will send DD to your ASTRO and you will be fine . But that works only for media and games that support Dolby Digital.
Now once you get Dolby Digital Live while using the methods explained here on this forum as default output all signals will be Encoded regardless if stereo or 5.1 so there is a benefit as now all games and media will be played 5.1 however if it is not Dolby Digital supported you still will have some sort of 5.1 but in some pseudo-surround sound . The positioning will be not what you expect however ambiance sound ,effects will be channeled to rear in some case you will find it correct and awesome in some you wont really here much differences.
This is how it looks like : I have selected |dts but DDL works perfectly fine and you can hot swap between DTS and DDL on the fly

Try my instructions on Pg 37 instead (might still work with the newest Realtek drivers, as long as you aren't on a Windows Insider build).

I believe one of the older methods requires windows to be in Test Mode, and some game anticheats (ARMA) don't allow that.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I use phitos patcher and reg edit DWORD modification no TEST mode needed

Karmaa

View attachment 84395 ok now that actually works correct and how it should work , because now we know your ASTRO Decodes encoded Dolby signal correctly . For that the default output doesn't have to be set to Dolby Digital Live but without that you will always have stereo except for ENCODED DOLBY DIGTAL signals once that is DETECTED it will send DD to your ASTRO and you will be fine . But that works only for media and games that support Dolby Digital.
Now once you get Dolby Digital Live while using the methods explained here on this forum as default output all signals will be Encoded regardless if stereo or 5.1 so there is a benefit as now all games and media will be played 5.1 however if it is not Dolby Digital supported you still will have some sort of 5.1 but in some pseudo-surround sound . The positioning will be not what you expect however ambiance sound ,effects will be channeled to rear in some case you will find it correct and awesome in some you wont really here much differences.
This is how it looks like : I have selected |dts but DDL works perfectly fine and you can hot swap between DTS and DDL on the fly
I am not getting the 5.1 DTS or DDL option in the Realtek Dropdown menu.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
OK people who want here is one of the latest modified and Install ready driver , remeber you still have to do the DWORD entry in regedit and you have to ALLOW uncertified driver to install :
TEST MOD is NOT neceserry

http://sharemods.com/ct89upig9f92/realtek_hda_8059_dolbyHPhonesDTSrdy.rar.html

1. After installation, open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.
2. Restart normally.

good luck !

credits also goes to PHYTO and his patcher :)

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Don't think so, no Realtek, completely different drivers...
It works , we had some PM exchange I helped him out to get it work using the above install ready drivers that I created . He confirmed it works with Realtek ALC 1220 .

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Yeah, but then he isn't using his soundcard, right?...
he does as it is powered by Realtek ALC1220 chip the rest is some ASUS-ROG modifications I believe :
:Realtek® ALC S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3 and comes out of the box with DTS full implementation including DTS Connect
Audio Feature :
- DTS Connect

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
Can't get it working with my Asrock Z270 Fatality ITX Board (ALC1220) and the "Patch" Method.

Tried it with R280 and the Asrock original Driver, but neither worked. I can choose DTS and Dolby in the Windows Audio Settings, but if i choose it, theres no Sound. If i try "Test Audio" in Audio Settings i get a Error Message.
Also i can't choose DTS and Dolby through the Realtec Settings. It's just available in Windows Audio Settings.

Someone with an Idea what i could try?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Can't get it working with my Asrock Z270 Fatality ITX Board (ALC1220) and the "Patch" Method.

Tried it with R280 and the Asrock original Driver, but neither worked. I can choose DTS and Dolby in the Windows Audio Settings, but if i choose it, theres no Sound. If i try "Test Audio" in Audio Settings i get a Error Message.
Also i can't choose DTS and Dolby through the Realtec Settings. It's just available in Windows Audio Settings.

Someone with an Idea what i could try?

It should work I have confirmation it does work with this chip , you obvious don't read because you would see the post where it is confirmed and you wouldn't have to fuck around with patching , test modes and other BS . Try the drivers I modified using the patcher created by PHYTO .

ALL you have to do is to install them normally as any other normal driver you would , ALLOW UNCERTIFIED DRIVER when asked and then after all is done apply te DWORD32 in regedir :
The DRIVER : http://sharemods.com/ct89upig9f92/realtek_hda_8059_dolbyHPhonesDTSrdy.rar.html

1. without messing with shit and that or similar run the INSTALLATION it will be in 2 stages:
- STAGE1 the driver will automatically uninstall existing driver and ask for reboot > do so
- STAGE2 back in windows INSTALLATION will start at some point a RED WINDOW WILL POP UP about UNCERTIFIED driver and SHIT say >>YES <<< the installation will complete asking for reboot SAY >>>NO <<<
2. while still in WINDOSWS open regedit and execute :
1. After installation, open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.
2. Restart normally.

After this reboot you should be set with DTS-I and DDL and all that beautiful shit IF BY ANY CHANCE is not check REGEDIT and if the DWORD is there and set to 1 , if you followed everything and still dont have it then you are one unfortunate guy ..yes It works basically only with OPTICAL OUT or DIGITAL OUT

It may happen that you start circle in a loop with uninstall-install-reboot if that happens 3 times in a row ..break the loop by stopping the installation then you have to do a complete manual uninstall and installation procedure which is just a bit more annoying but not a big deal.

Have fun !