• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

mang

I installed realtek r2.73 driver with the modd install run correctly but could not get rear L/R Speaker to work, all the Front L/R, Cen/Sub works correctly but no sound in the real speaker it is 5.1 set up windows 7 32 bit any idea?

Can't help much with W7 anymore, but maybe try r2.75 or later? I mean, probably try the newest, r2.81. If not, try r2.75 or r2.79. (and instructions on Pg 37)

Who knows what MS has changed on W7...

emaras

Did anyone have such a problem?
drivers R2.81 + patch. Windows 10
Sound 5.1 and DTS works in games, movies and players aimp, media player clasic.
Sound 5.1 doesn't work in Firefox and Chrome web browsers. The sound is only coming from the front speakers and should be upmix stereo to all speakers.

Enforcer

Sound 5.1 doesn't work in Firefox and Chrome web browsers. The sound is only coming from the front speakers and should be upmix stereo to all speakers.

Yes I have this too.

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA

MS BRICKED DDl and DTS.
You must use win10 14393

I originally followed the step on page 37. I used modified 2.75 dll and DTS/dolby shown in audio properties and working fine. After update to windows 10 build 15063. Realtek manager disappeared from system tray and DTS disappeared from audio properties, so I repeat the steps on pages 37.

DTS is back in the audio properties, but when try to enable it, it says 'format not supported by this device.

how to fix this?

Attachments

• Untitled-333.png
    Untitled-333.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 857
Can't unless Microsoft fixes it.

what is spatial sound? latest windows 10 build have a 'spatial sound' in audio properties, there is option 'turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound'. will that transfer stereo in to surround sound?

Not legitimate surround. Also, Microsoft's version only works for Stereo (and will switch you back to stereo, at least if you're using it on an analog output). It's just tweaks for binuaral audio support meant for use with VR (and Hololens) with headphones.

Not legitimate surround. Also, Microsoft's version only works for Stereo (and will switch you back to stereo, at least if you're using it on an analog output). It's just tweaks for binuaral audio support meant for use with VR (and Hololens) with headphones.

is it because realtek software does not support DTS,dolby? The forced method does not actually unlock the software?

It does support it and the mod does unlock it, Microsoft just broke Optical Dolby and DTS default formats on Realtek drivers. Again.

It does support it and the mod does unlock it, Microsoft just broke Optical Dolby and DTS default formats on Realtek drivers. Again.

I noticed DTS neo is not available so even DTS is in list, it cannot enable. I'm using a sound bar with optical link. It does support DTS. The software cannot detect it?

I searched through the post, can't find any good solution. any suggestions?

I installed the file from post #1665 .

I noticed speakers has a new 'dolby audio tab' , realtek manager has a turn on/off button for DTS connect, default format does NOT have DTS. Digital output (optical) stay the same, DTS in format list, not enable, windows audio when play a test it will say 'fail to play test tone'.

Attachments

• realtek.png
    realtek.png
    429.4 KB · Views: 830
  • speakers.png
    speakers.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 870
  • optical.png
    optical.png
    417.6 KB · Views: 848
  • optical -1.png
    optical -1.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 843
We know that they don't work (in the Insider builds, soon to be public) because Microsoft broke them.

what about sound blaster? they have same problem with windows 10 (creator update) ?

SuckerBoy47

It isn't working for me, when I drag my mouse over the speaker icon it says that no headphone or speakers are not connected. What should I do, I've tried reinstalling the software couple of times now, I've also tried using different version of realtek drivers but still isn't working!!

Last edited:
You don't really need this mod for Analog. This is mostly to unlock the realtime encoding needed to get surround over optical.

We know that they don't work (in the Insider builds, soon to be public) because Microsoft broke them.

Somehow I forced the drop down item in default to DTS, (before when i click on DTS it will automatically go 24bit 96000) it can set to it, it says 'fail to play test tone'. and when I click on ok it stay there for now, not sure it actually set to DTS. Now when I go to realtek manager, when I get to digital output(optical), realtek will freeze.

cyberkevin

So here we go again...
Game Mode is really nice on games with lot of loadings in-game, I don't really want to go back now :/

Can't wait for a fix...
Any idea of the time required ?

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
what about sound blaster? they have same problem with windows 10 (creator update) ?
doesn't work they messed up something on Encoder level for both Realtek and SoundBaster I have OMNI 5.1 and when I installed under the latest available Upgrade windows 17XX kill me if I know it doesn't work on Encoder level on OMNI it is grayed out also non of DTS-I /DDL works with Realtek.
I rolled back to 1607