• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Zagdul

ok, here's a screenshot of my Asus Audio Manager, Default Format tab... with the DTS:Interactive option - I select this, then 5.1 works perfect through my speakers (I don't need to physically click the configure button and tell windows it's 5.1 tho, I have tested with games, and 5.1 demo files etc..)

View attachment 118036
When I install the driver you linked, I do not have this interface.
I have the Sonic interface, not this one. The Sonic interface only allows me to set the bitrate, not the channels and there's no option for Dolby.

You seem to have a magic driver package and I want it :)

Processor i7-7700k @ 4.9Ghz
Motherboard Asus Prime Z270-A
Cooling Arctic Freezer 33 eSports DUO
Memory 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Seagate 2TB SSHD
Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
Keyboard Logitech G510
Have you installed any other drivers/modified versions?

You may need to delete rtkhdaud.dat from Windows\System32\Drivers folder..

Uninstall old driver, delete rtkhdaud.dat, reboot, install new driver..... reboot, done :)

Zagdul

I've been busy with other things, trying. Will report back. Thanks man.

Clean of Audio drivers. Those are network devices in the system32.

00.png

I hit "AsusSetup" from the package you said should work.

01.png

Installing...

02.png

Something is different:

03.png

I don't have that Asus audio control panel.

No Dolby Tab
1551899305910.png

Can't set default
1551899322832.png

The driver link you provided me is not the same you have on your system. What do you have please?

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    630.2 KB · Views: 867
Last edited:
Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
... I don't have Dolby tab with the Asus drivers I linked you, as I said already.... but it should have 5.1 :O

The Asus Audio Manager also doesn't show in start, it's in the tray (down near the clock, the little arrow)

You don't even have the DTS:NeoPC stuff installed that these drivers install... :O

Maybe your sub-version of hardware has been disallowed for digital.... :O

Zagdul

I nuked Windows and installed the Alan Finote driver.

It's cool, I needed to anyway. I think something was inherently broke with my audio stack in Windows. I've had issues with it for a while and it's time to rebuild this image anyway.

1551978059038.png

Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
Got a link to that driver? - i'd like to try it for my issue ;)

philrj

I trying to install this driver and not worked to me.
Whem i try to active Dolbly Atmos i geting a error.

My mobo is GA-H270M-Gaming-3-rev-10

Yours is the same chip as mine....

try these drivers (from my board) - Should still work fine... (don't patch them)

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/

Once installed, open up the Asus Audio Manager, go to "Default Format" tab, and select the very bottom option from in there.... it should be Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS Interactive or something....

Also, Right click your windows speaker, go to "open sound settings" - and then "Sound Control panel" from the list on the right (2nd option down), from there double click your sound card, click "Enhancements" and scroll to the bottom, make sure the DTS or Dolby Digital option is ticked, click ok, and you should be good to go.... That is all I do with mine, with the same chip, and it works fine...

(Note: Mine works fine, except for the issue I posted above, however this could be something else on my system, hence me being here trying additional drivers, my 'popping' issue is still present with these latest drivers, so i'm continuing my search for a solution, getting 5.1 over Optical has never been an issue for me....)

Wow these drivers are utter crap! Some crap called Asus Radar and Asus Sound Studio 3. What crap that was. I had to uninstall it.

So can someone tell me what drivers I actually need to install for my Asus ROG Strix x470 Gaming-F mobo? I have Soundblaster Z and have given up on this piece of crap! It stops working within minutes in Windows 10 and Creative Labs won't fix the broken driver.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I always did the Alternative method with modded dll on windows 1803 since a few years from win 7 / 10 . Quick and easy and it worked. Now i changed my Motherboard to: Z390 AORUS PRO with Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec.
Now the simple method does not work anymore. What can i do now? i only need to activate DDL or DTS as option, other full things i see people speak about like home theatre and atmos i dont care about.
Just want DDL and DTS in the option screen as before in windows. Whats the fastest way to enable for now? i have taken the last realtek driver from my motherboard supplier. But with these new realtek installation files/setup there is no similar file anymore what matches the modded dll. PLease help patched dlls for above realtek codec thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
finally, It worked for me with the alan fox driver, i have: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO with Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec. i choose the DTS option. (windows 1803)

Hi havent checked this thread a while im still using dvojinov drivers 6.0.1.8059 with dword method("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.)

So far thats the only thing that unlocked DTSI/DDL for me without adding some extra stuff ive tried other stuff but no luck
I have Logitech Z906 and Asus Sabertooth X99 ALC1150 codec so is there another simple method like this with newer driver that works or should i just stick with these older ones
Thanks

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hi havent checked this thread a while im still using dvojinov drivers 6.0.1.8059 with dword method("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.)

So far thats the only thing that unlocked DTSI/DDL for me without adding some extra stuff ive tried other stuff but no luck
I have Logitech Z906 and Asus Sabertooth X99 ALC1150 codec so is there another simple method like this with newer driver that works or should i just stick with these older ones
Thanks
If you just want DDL or DTSi, APO Driver is a good start. Compatible everywhere, even HDMI and any endpoint capable of doing DD/DTS bitstream. Also is a signed method.
But if you are satisfied with your current setup and is able to do DDL currently, don't change. Why fix what is not broken?

If you just want DDL or DTSi, APO Driver is a good start. Compatible everywhere, even HDMI and any endpoint capable of doing DD/DTS bitstream. Also is a signed method.
But if you are satisfied with your current setup and is able to do DDL currently, don't change. Why fix what is not broken?
Thanks well I was just wondering if newer drivers are any better in terms of sound quality etc compared to the older ones

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thanks well I was just wondering if newer drivers are any better in terms of sound quality etc compared to the older ones
No. For DDL/DTSi, nothing much has changed.

osam4h

Hi guys,

Previously, I needed to unlock Dolby Digital for my Astro a50 to work on ASUS motherboard.

Now I have upgraded to MSI MB and both DD and DTS are showing by default, however, it doesn't show up in the list of formats (only stereo sound).
I need to enable the Dolby Digitial Live 5.1 option in order for my A50 to work, do I need hacked drivers for that too? Or is it something else since I already have them in the supported formats section but not in the Advanced tab.

Thanks,

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi guys,

Previously, I needed to unlock Dolby Digital for my Astro a50 to work on ASUS motherboard.

Now I have upgraded to MSI MB and both DD and DTS are showing by default, however, it doesn't show up in the list of formats (only stereo sound).
I need to enable the Dolby Digitial Live 5.1 option in order for my A50 to work, do I need hacked drivers for that too? Or is it something else since I already have them in the supported formats section but not in the Advanced tab.

Thanks,
Indeed you need hacked drivers, as your motherboard is not licensed for encoding DD/DTS. It only has the capability to bitstream DD/DTS.

jayf95

I'm new to this thread and have no clue where to start. I currently have a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H motherboard that natively supported Dolby Home Theatre. Windows 10 broke that (DHT didnt work and I had no dolby digital 5.1 option in my sound device properties menu) when it came out, and I installed some random drivers I found (don't remember where). All of a sudden I was able able to use the Dolby Digital 5.1 option in my sound menu. Then a Windows 10 update added dolby digital live and everything works great.

However, I want to upgrade my system (for better gaming). I'm considering getting a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, which has a Realtek ALC1220 codec and optical out. I use optical cause my receiver is older and doesn't passthrough 4k. Ive read that most motherboard manufacturers don't pay to have Dolby on their boards, so is this true for this motherboard? Which motherboards do support dolby digital 5.1? I find that on my current system, DD5.1 sounds miles better than 2 channel 24 bit. I'm worried that if I upgrade my motherboard, Ill lose this.

Then I found this thread. Do hacked drivers exist for the ALC1220 codec that would allow DD5.1 output and/or dolby digital live?
Thanks

filipefc

Hello people! I'm new here!

I came here from a topic about DTS interactive and DDL in another forum from my country (Brazil). They take the information from this topic to help us there!
Today I already can see movies with DD and DTS using passthrough, but there is one situation I can't get help yet.

If someone knows how to helps me I will be greatfull.

I would like to work DTS connect and DDL on my home theater sony BDV-E280 (not a regular good receiver), that supports only LPCM 2.0, DD and DTS at HDMI in.
2.png
Can I make a system using DDL and DTS connect using my notebook with realtek alc269 with my HDMI (not the S/PDIF) and my home theater?
1.png

I have already installed the Dolby home Theater v4. It has to work?
3.png

System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
There is some way yo unlock only DTS or DDL with official realtek driver? I want to keep some resources who comes with to use in headphone mode, actually I'm using W10 update driver and this version comes with HP Amp and a nice layout to realtek panel.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hello people! I'm new here!

I came here from a topic about DTS interactive and DDL in another forum from my country (Brazil). They take the information from this topic to help us there!
Today I already can see movies with DD and DTS using passthrough, but there is one situation I can't get help yet.

If someone knows how to helps me I will be greatfull.

I would like to work DTS connect and DDL on my home theater sony BDV-E280 (not a regular good receiver), that supports only LPCM 2.0, DD and DTS at HDMI in.
View attachment 126117
Can I make a system using DDL and DTS connect using my notebook with realtek alc269 with my HDMI (not the S/PDIF) and my home theater?
View attachment 126118

I have already installed the Dolby home Theater v4. It has to work?
View attachment 126119
HDMI DDL/DTSi? You need APO Driver. Go there.

markdewet

Hi Apologies for double-posting but I really would like to get clarification.
Ok so here is my issue. I have a Gigabyte ga-945gzm-s2 (either rev 3.x or 6.6) mobo with the ALC883 Realtek chip, OS is Windows 7 X64. My issue is that no matter which modded driver I use, something always goes wrong or doesn't work. The only driver that gives me 100% decent sound is the standard ones from Gigabyte with no Dolby, DTS or anything enabled. I have seen that on the Realtek website, there are different versions of the ALC883 chipset, namely ALC883-GR, ALC883D-GR, ALC883DTS-GR and ALC883DD-GR. My question is how do I find out exactly which one I have on my mobo? The mobo manual gives no indication.

Hi everyone,
anyone can teach me some ways to mod the realtek driver on windows 8.1?
I have installed realtek hda with HDXRT.inf and replace all the pcee4 dlls in System 32 and DriverStore from dolby home theater v4 (7.2.7000.4) because I want to use realtek + dolby
But the DTPC equalizer won't "move" and speaker properties is not showing dolby = not working
Is it because the DTPC and realtek dlls names are different? (realtek pcee4 dlls have additional R4 in front of the name)
Anyone can help me to solve the problem?

zephyrprime

When I install the driver you linked, I do not have this interface.
I have the Sonic interface, not this one. The Sonic interface only allows me to set the bitrate, not the channels and there's no option for Dolby.

You seem to have a magic driver package and I want it :)
... I don't have Dolby tab with the Asus drivers I linked you, as I said already.... but it should have 5.1 :O

The Asus Audio Manager also doesn't show in start, it's in the tray (down near the clock, the little arrow)

You don't even have the DTS:NeoPC stuff installed that these drivers install... :O

Maybe your sub-version of hardware has been disallowed for digital.... :O
I don't think the issue is due to a driver install problem. Motherboard manufacturers have become cheap and have started to not license DTS Connect/Interactive and/or Dolby Live. This is the case even if they have a audio chipset that supports those features. Apparently, buying those features costs extra.

Attached you will see the 270 manual. Note that it shows support for DTS connect. Note that in the 370 manual, there is no text mentioning support.
I have a Prime X470-pro which also has the s1220sb chip and it also lacks support. See attached screenshot using the Alan Finoote driver. (the stock drivers also offer no support).

Surround sound in computers has become less popular because people are using headsets more which just use analog connections. I tried to use HDMI instead but it turns out that TV's only support stereo pass through over spdif. My receiver is too old to work with a 4k tv also. Everything just blows.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 644
  • 270manual.png
    270manual.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 370f.png
    370f.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 482
The answser is so easy I couldn't believe it, I just tried and bam work like a charm for me.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-11-08 161203.png
    Annotation 2019-11-08 161203.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 891
  • Annotation 2019-11-08 161815.png
    Annotation 2019-11-08 161815.png
    325.6 KB · Views: 918
  • Annotation 2019-11-08 162225.png
    Annotation 2019-11-08 162225.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 830