• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

HughGlass

So if sound testing is working as it should, what reasons could there be that surround sound is no working in game?

Edit: Messed around with my receiver settings and BAM! Sound works. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

Licmi{SRB}

guys can someone help me? sorry for my bad eng :D// what is this mod for? i have ASUS M5A99X EVO and Logitech z506 speakers.. can i unlock dts and DD) in sorrouund (analog input?) i just want better surround sound quality : )

I could be wrong, but it looks like it doesn't add a Dolby/DTS setting for the default format for analog (which, again, you don't need for an analog surround setup), but you do still get the Dolby tab for the Dolby Home Theater option which gives *some* stereo sources speaker fill/virtual surround.

If your motherboard's/computer's drivers already have that Dolby tab (or some other form of virtual surround/speaker fill), then you really do not need this mod. It might not even be worth it just for virtual surround from stereo either.

Last edited:

Irenicus

So if sound testing is working as it should, what reasons could there be that surround sound is no working in game?

Edit: Messed around with my receiver settings and BAM! Sound works. Thanks!!!!
For some games you need the DDL/DTS fix for it to work (witcher 3 for example). I mentioned the links earlier in this thread. Page 40 something I believe.

I could be wrong, but it looks like it doesn't add a Dolby/DTS setting for the default format for analog (which, again, you don't need for an analog surround setup), but you do still get the Dolby tab for the Dolby Home Theater option which gives *some* stereo sources speaker fill/virtual surround.

If your motherboard's/computer's drivers already have that Dolby tab (or some other form of virtual surround/speaker fill), then you really do not need this mod. It might not even be worth it just for virtual surround from stereo either.
Of course there's no DDL/DTS for analog, because analog cannot output digital bitstream formats :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For some games you need the DDL/DTS fix for it to work (witcher 3 for example). I mentioned the links earlier in this thread. Page 40 something I believe.

Maybe... with that separate bug with those games (or whatever that issue is). That bug really breaks straight up analog surround for those games even for analog and not just Dolby/DTS optical? Hmm...
I haven't used analog through Realtek in a long time. I've got my HDMI output through a separate box for my analog.

Last edited:
System Name AMD
Processor Phenom X4 965
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Scythe Kama Angle with Arctic Cooling
Memory Corsair 8 GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX R9 270x
Storage Kingston SSD + Toshiba HDD
Display(s) Samsung 24"
Case Fractal
Power Supply XFX 550W
So has anyone noticed the absence of DTS/DD buttons in Realtek control panel, but everything works and can be enabled from control panel > sound?
Any solutions?
Right now running with official 2.79 drivers and file from here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...d-dts-interactive.193148/page-37#post-3360667 but tried some other (older) combinations before and cannot have it again. Had it before on Windows 7 but cannot get it now on 8.1

Yes, it was mention several times previously. Don't use the Realtek Audio Manager for modified settings like this. Use the playback device properties.

System Name Current rig
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Z390 Aorus Xtreme
Cooling Corsair h150i Pro
Memory 32GB Ripjaws V 3200
Video Card(s) Asus 2090 ti Strix
Storage Samsung 970 Pro 1tb
Display(s) Alienware aw3418dw
Case Thermaltake View 91
Power Supply seasonic 1kw
How do you get this working with Windows 10? I have the Realtek ALC1150

I am on x64 Windows Enterprise and have also tried with our UNI EDU build 10240
Asus Rampage V Extreme Motherboard conencted via TosLink (Optical) to a 5.1 speaker system.
Device failed and so far I have tested the following realtek drivers as well as with the R279 driver hack. I am able to get the DTS interactive to show but no sound issues. I can only get sound on 2 speakers. It will play a test tune in Supported formats but fails on everything else.
Realtek 7765 HD Audio
Realtek 7764 PG442 Driver
Realtek 7760
Realtek 7758
Rea;tek 7735
Asus Win 10 Realtek driver
Audio_V6.0.1.7571_WHQL_R5E
Nothing has worked, is there a way anyone here could respond with a fix? It's crazy that Windows 7 works perfectly fine without a hitch and Windows 10 has such problems.
Thank you

If you are able to do so, you need to update to the TH2(Threshold 2)/10586 build. It was broken previous to that.

If you are able to do so, you need to update to the TH2(Threshold 2)/10586 build. It was broken previous to that.
Not sure if I can on the Enterprise build. Is there maybe a package update I can download to fix that portion ?

Irenicus

Yes, it was mention several times previously. Don't use the Realtek Audio Manager for modified settings like this. Use the playback device properties.
^^this. The realtek Audio manager is actually useless really, just another process in the background, one you don't need. All functions are accessible from the device property pages

Zipris

didnt worked for me... specs:

MB: Asrock FM2A88X Extreme 4+

I have 3 controllers listed in device manager:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1308&SUBSYS_13081849&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780D&SUBSYS_C8921849&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FBB&SUBSYS_367A1458&REV_A1

Codec ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1849C892&REV_1003

Hope to get answer soon! thanks!

edit: got DDL/DTS options (from post on page 37) but there is no sound in my surround and center speakers. subwoofer and left/right is ok. im using optical connection

Last edited:
Well what Windows 10 build are you on?...

Again, the test tone will probably only play in stereo.

Check the Levels tab and the Balance button to see if they're all where they should be, just in case.

Last edited:
So something really odd happened today...

When I connect via optical the Bose to my Creative X7 LE it is showing 5.1 sound on the receiver. When I do this in Windows 7 nothing shows.

On the flipside if I connect it directly to my motherboard I still cannot get a test tone and it fails.

This is weird, since how do I verify I am getting 5.1 sound inside games.

With your ears? If your test tone fails completely, then it won't work.

In a game you know has surround sound, try testing around a specific stationary object that makes sound. If that specific sound moves to your rear speakers when you rotate, then you're good.

If it doesn't, but you do get other ambient sound from the rear speakers, then it's probably just doing speaker fill/virtual surround.

As for using external hardware, your SOURCE needs to be doing surround for it to do proper surround. Otherwise all your external hardware can possibly do is speaker fill (if it even has that capability). Even if your receiver lights up as Dolby/DTS, etc.

Last edited:
The A1 files are total rubbish to 5.1 only have front speakers. I can not figure out why but my Test mode is broken in my Windows 7 since I did an upgrade install so I can not get it installed.. totally broken.. Anyone know how to fix test mode so I can use the working M1 drivers?

Using Test Mode and M1 aren't ideal. (Hell, Arma III, a game, or Battleye, its hacking protection, locked me out of the damn game because I was in Test Mode).

The original post is outdated. Have you tried the modded file for the A1 method with my instructions (and file) on pg 37 ? To be honest, I can't say if the current file still works on Windows 7... but it does on specific builds of Windows 10.

Irenicus

Using Test Mode and M1 aren't ideal. (Hell, Arma III, a game, or Battleye, its hacking protection, locked me out of the damn game because I was in Test Mode).

The original post is outdated. Have you tried the modded file for the A1 method with my instructions (and file) on pg 37 ? To be honest, I can't say if the current file still works on Windows 7... but it does on specific builds of Windows 10.
Both methods work fine. You don't need to remain in test mode! That's only to so installation can be completed. Follow the instructions. It works fine for me, not in test mode, all functions available. Yes it still works on windows 7 (why wouldn't it?)

Well, they've made a lot of changes since Windows 10's Insider launch that messed with it. It could potentially have made a newer modded file not work on Windows 7 anymore, potentially.

Anyways, in my experience, the M1 method always stopped working as soon as I disabled Test Mode again. That's why I use A1 (with updated changes).

Irenicus

Well, they've made a lot of changes since Windows 10's Insider launch that messed with it. It could potentially have made a newer modded file not work on Windows 7 anymore, potentially.

Anyways, in my experience, the M1 method always stopped working as soon as I disabled Test Mode again. That's why I use A1 (with updated changes).
Hmm, well I am too lazy this second to find it for you, but there is a little app to sign the driver so that you can disable testmode. I believe it was in the readme file though.