• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Hello again. I have installed the drivers as mentioned your site but I only get dolby digital. No DTS (which is preferable). However i have the dolby digital plus options from the window console.
Also there is no option in the realtek console menu.
Any suggestions? Should I reinstall or it wont make any difference?
My motherboard is a asus z170i pro gaming with alc1150.
Thanks in advance.

well yuou should notice form the page that ASUS boards are completely striped of DTS I. and that this is ongoing for a 6 months now maybe more , there is some solutions on my page not sure if the provided old drivers will support your 1150 but you might try . I have ASUS Z170A and Im the one who actually proved that ASUS for some unexplained reason disabled all ENCODER support on new Realtek or Asus released drivers .I'm so pissed off with ASUS if I had a chance to meet in person any of their developers or engineers I would fuckin beat him to death with my fucking ASUS Z1701 A motherboard and hang him in front of ASUS main ofiice building as example for all this lazy ignorant motherfuckerts to look at !

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
not to mention that I won't consider ASUS ever again !

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I contacted these clowns from ASUS one more time and Im really pissed !
"
DTS Interactive is not available with your latest drivers for over 6 months now and your company didnt do anything to fix that issue ?
Did you lost DTS Interactive licence ?
Why we as end user and consumers has to suffer from your wrongdoing ?
My motherboard is equipped with DTS Interactive OUT OF THE FUCKING BOX It worked till driver release Version 6.01.7848 it doesn't after Version 6.0.1.8158 so I WANT THAT DAMN FUCKING THING BACK!
Do something you lazy FUCKS! this is the 3th time Im contacting you and I LOST IT! my patience is ZERO NOW."

lets see what idiots has to say

Mahdi_111

if sombody lost "realtek audio manager" like me, can manage sound here:

PrtScr capture.jpg

matteuk

Hello again. I have installed the drivers as mentioned your site but I only get dolby digital. No DTS (which is preferable). However i have the dolby digital plus options from the window console.
Also there is no option in the realtek console menu.
Any suggestions? Should I reinstall or it wont make any difference?
My motherboard is a asus z170i pro gaming with alc1150.
Thanks in advance.

latest driver on his site does the same for me and i have a gigabyte board, have you tried Realtek_HDA_6.0.1.8272_DTS_DDL_experimental

that driver unlocks dts for me

I contacted these clowns from ASUS one more time and Im really pissed !
"
DTS Interactive is not available with your latest drivers for over 6 months now and your company didnt do anything to fix that issue ?
Did you lost DTS Interactive licence ?
Why we as end user and consumers has to suffer from your wrongdoing ?
My motherboard is equipped with DTS Interactive OUT OF THE FUCKING BOX It worked till driver release Version 6.01.7848 it doesn't after Version 6.0.1.8158 so I WANT THAT DAMN FUCKING THING BACK!
Do something you lazy FUCKS! this is the 3th time Im contacting you and I LOST IT! my patience is ZERO NOW."

lets see what idiots has to say

Does reinstalling the older driver not work then ?! and if so why dont you do that?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
what is your Realtek driver version and Windows ? this is mine W10 64bit 1709 build 16299.19
DTSlatest.jpg
IT WORKED
, but its a problem if i dont have dts tab?

Estradda

Does anyone have a Realtek mod with Sound Blaster X-FI 5 that work with the latest windows 10 version? I had it installed before and it was working after update too, but now I reinstalled windows and can't make it work no matter what I try... I really miss the bass boost it gives to my sound system

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Does anyone have a Realtek mod with Sound Blaster X-FI 5 that work with the latest windows 10 version? I had it installed before and it was working after update too, but now I reinstalled windows and can't make it work no matter what I try... I really miss the bass boost it gives to my sound system
wrong thread DTS Interactive and DDL no hacked MB5 or MB3 here

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
why dont you buy MB3 ? its only 30 USD and have everything you need it is the same shit like MB5
http://software.store.creative.com/p/software/sound-blaster-x-fi-mb3

Does anyone have a Realtek mod with Sound Blaster X-FI 5 that work with the latest windows 10 version?
Yes. I used 1709 Enterprise 64 with latest Realtek drivers 6.0.1.8279 and Xi-Fi mb5 (cracked) on the not officially supported motherboard

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Now then dts is activated this video from youtube works on 5.1!!!!
no cant work as DTS X is multichanel 7.1 8.1 or even 11 and cant be transported over OPTICAL out .

warii

hello,
dear dvojinov.First please forgive my poor english since I'm a chinese.
I just updated to windows 10 and installed your 8295 mod, got the DDL and DTS Connect worked.Awesome! But now I have another question.after update to windows10.I cann't not set my speakers to 5.1(I have a Logitech Z906 system) in digtal output.The HD audio manager just dont have the tab to adjust speakers.I changed to the original driver and found there's no that tab too!Then I checked the windows's own play device manager.Also cann't set my speakers during spdif out.WTF,is that a bug of win10?Or have I done something wrong ? Do you have some method to resove it?Thanks a lot.

PS.My mainboard is MSI b150 gaming pro,thanks again

matteuk

i would also really like this

Hi guys, I wondering if you guys know how to update a mod of realtek audio drivers. If so, can you send some instructions.

Thanks

Processor Intel Core I-7-5820K
Motherboard ASUS X-99A/USB 3.1
Cooling Corsair H105
Memory Geil Super Luce DDR4 3000 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
Storage Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD, 512GB, 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2716DG/Acer X163W
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro, Logitech X-540, Tritton AX Pro
Power Supply OCZ ZX 1000W
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Windows 10
So I just signed up on this site to say thank you to Pihto and Capta Praelium. I can confirm that Pihto's patcher still works. But I also haven't downloaded the Windows 10 Fall Update yet.

After perusing around the internet trying to find out how to make my mobo send out Dolby DIgital Live, I found this thread. Somehow I found Capta Praelium's post (page 62) about how to use Pihto's patcher (page 47) to patch the 2 DLL files you need to change when you download the new Realtek drivers. Worked like a charm. For the record, I used the latest drivers from ASUS website for my X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo (codec ALC1150). Unzipped the driver. Put the patcher in the WIN64 folder and ran it. Then installed the driver from the exe that you normally would. Also, I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.726. I have rebooted a couple of times and everything still works. I saw somewhere in this thread someone mentioning it may not work with Witcher 3 or Fallout and maybe some other games, but I tried both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 and they were fine.

I don't really know how much I'll ever post here, this may be my only one. But I wanted to say thank you and leave the pertinent info about my system for anyone else looking into or working on this.

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
So I just signed up on this site to say thank you to Pihto and Capta Praelium. I can confirm that Pihto's patcher still works. But I also haven't downloaded the Windows 10 Fall Update yet.

After perusing around the internet trying to find out how to make my mobo send out Dolby DIgital Live, I found this thread. Somehow I found Capta Praelium's post (page 62) about how to use Pihto's patcher (page 47) to patch the 2 DLL files you need to change when you download the new Realtek drivers. Worked like a charm. For the record, I used the latest drivers from ASUS website for my X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo (codec ALC1150). Unzipped the driver. Put the patcher in the WIN64 folder and ran it. Then installed the driver from the exe that you normally would. Also, I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.726. I have rebooted a couple of times and everything still works. I saw somewhere in this thread someone mentioning it may not work with Witcher 3 or Fallout and maybe some other games, but I tried both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 and they were fine.

I don't really know how much I'll ever post here, this may be my only one. But I wanted to say thank you and leave the pertinent info about my system for anyone else looking into or working on this.

on your Asus board after what ever method you did , what encoder got enabled ?DTS Interactive , Dolby Digital Live or both ?

check my page maybe you find it usefully : http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/

Cooling Corsair H105
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro, Logitech X-540, Tritton AX Pro
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Windows 10
on your Asus board after what ever method you did , what encoder got enabled ?DTS Interactive , Dolby Digital Live or both ?

check my page maybe you find it usefully : http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/

DTS was there before. What I was looking for was to get Dolby Digital Live because I needed it for games when I output the sound to a headset that uses an amp that only runs off optical and doesn't do DTS. It only does Digital or Pro Logic. But since my speakers run off analog, I had no way to check if DTS was actually working or not.

When I reinstalled the ASUS driver using Pihto's patcher, it enabled Dolby Digital Live in Windows and in the Realtek manager and now it's perfect.

All I did was to make sure I had the latest drivers from ASUS unzipped. I downloaded Pihto's patch and put it in the folder it needed to be in to run. Then I uninstalled my current realtek drivers through the control panel. Rebooted. Made sure Windows didn't try to install drivers on its own. Then I ran the patcher and patched the 2 DLLs. Then I ran the setup exe from ASUS. Rebooted. Everything's cool and everything's smooth. Now I have Dolby Digital Live and DTS is still there too.

Kinda impressed. That patcher was posted 2 years ago and it still worked on the latest drivers I could download. And thanks for the site link.

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
DTS was there before. What I was looking for was to get Dolby Digital Live because I needed it for games when I output the sound to a headset that uses an amp that only runs off optical and doesn't do DTS. It only does Digital or Pro Logic. But since my speakers run off analog, I had no way to check if DTS was actually working or not.

When I reinstalled the ASUS driver using Pihto's patcher, it enabled Dolby Digital Live in Windows and in the Realtek manager and now it's perfect.

All I did was to make sure I had the latest drivers from ASUS unzipped. I downloaded Pihto's patch and put it in the folder it needed to be in to run. Then I uninstalled my current realtek drivers through the control panel. Rebooted. Made sure Windows didn't try to install drivers on its own. Then I ran the patcher and patched the 2 DLLs. Then I ran the setup exe from ASUS. Rebooted. Everything's cool and everything's smooth. Now I have Dolby Digital Live and DTS is still there too.

Kinda impressed. That patcher was posted 2 years ago and it still worked on the latest drivers I could download. And thanks for the site link.

Have to check the drivers for your motherboard on asus page , as asus really messd up DTS Interactive with series 8 drivers Im fighting them for over 6 months and they did say they will look into this problem after some very aggressive email exchange . Im after DTS Interactive so it really bothers me as I have ASUS Z170A and DTS Interactive out of the box which doesn't work with any new drivers and yes once modified Dolby Digital Live is available but not DTS I . In other hand when I install the latest available driver for my mobo neither one is available .
here official replay form asus :
"
Dear valued customer,

Regarding the below problem, we have forward this case to the responsible department of our Headquarters, in order to examine if it’s going to be a new release of the Audio driver with DTS support. We will inform as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Asus Help Desk"

Cooling Corsair H105
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Windows 10
Have to check the drivers for your motherboard on asus page , as asus really messd up DTS Interactive with series 8 drivers Im fighting them for over 6 months and they did say they will look into this problem after some very aggressive email exchange . Im after DTS Interactive so it really bothers me as I have ASUS Z170A and DTS Interactive out of the box which doesn't work with any new drivers and yes once modified Dolby Digital Live is available but not DTS I . In other hand when I install the latest available driver for my mobo neither one is available .
here official replay form asus :
"
Dear valued customer,

Regarding the below problem, we have forward this case to the responsible department of our Headquarters, in order to examine if it’s going to be a new release of the Audio driver with DTS support. We will inform as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Asus Help Desk"
Yeah that sucks. Before I found this patcher, I was about to give in and get a sound card.

Sorry thing is, up until a couple years ago I always used a Creative sound card. When I built this rig, I figured I would try mobo audio. It just keeps getting better, and I'm sick of fighting Creative's drivers. Can't say I've been disappointed really at all in the audio coming from my mobo. But now it seems we have to fight motherboard drivers and Windows 10. I guess there's just no winning with audio drivers and Windows...