• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I tried to install the fx configurator and I get a common is not installed error not telling me what this "common" thing is Im supposed to install. Any chance you can help me so Im not reading pages to try and figure this common common error is?

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
I tried to install the fx configurator and I get a common is not installed error not telling me what this "common" thing is Im supposed to install. Any chance you can help me so Im not reading pages to try and figure this common common error is?
Screenshot.

fx.jpg

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM

michael205

I need help to get my device to work again...
I used Realtek Audio Device Tweak and didn't realy know what im doing. Now i have no sound... all settings are lost and i need dump file to get it back how it was... :/ of corse i didn't make one :/

Could someone help me get it back to life ? VEN_10EC&DEV_0892

(ErrorCode 1) <= HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_15586B01&REV_1003\4&35F46B4&0&0001
Power Data: Bus(D3), Codec(D3)

Edit

OK i fixed it but there is one more problem that ocured . When i plug my 5.1 front speakers are not detected . Analog output is connected with Digital output. When i was playing with Realtek Audio Device Tweak i managed to make make it worked but i don't know how. Can someone tell me what could help ?

Last edited:
Processor 3700X
Motherboard Aorus X570 Elite Wifi
Cooling Thermalright Spirit 140
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Z Neo
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX2070
Storage 970evo
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W Gold
Software W10Pro
I am really done with this. Surround in games is not working. Actually it is wrking in menu music, but gameplay is stereo using DTSi or DDLive. Very confusing. I have a 6ch aac test video file and it is output correctly to my AVR and full seperation. For some reason DDL nor DTSi is able to encode game audio. Bitstreaming also works as it should. Games are the issue. Not sure if last windows update broke things but I reinstalled the whole patching process as I did before and now it is broke.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I am really done with this. Surround in games is not working. Actually it is wrking in menu music, but gameplay is stereo using DTSi or DDLive. Very confusing. I have a 6ch aac test video file and it is output correctly to my AVR and full seperation. For some reason DDL nor DTSi is able to encode game audio. Bitstreaming also works as it should. Games are the issue. Not sure if last windows update broke things but I reinstalled the whole patching process as I did before and now it is broke.
Did you set your games to output 5.1?
By default games output stereo on ddl/dtsi.

Processor 3700X
Storage 970evo
Software W10Pro
There is not an option in game, For the past few years I believe this in game option is less and less available as most titles will auto detect what you have set in windows...therein lies the problem, ddlive/dtsi does not have a configure speaker option in the win audio settings. Since it is on the fly encoding how are games to know this? Modern titles just passthrough the PCM info, no more EAX or other sound encodes since people either have HDMI or analog sound setups, s/pdif people are screwed I guess. I am pretty sure most people that are using ddlive are not getting true channel seperation in recent titles that do not have 5.1 option in game settings. Just because your receiver says DD5.1 or DTS does not mean it is actually outputting multi channel correctly. This is also why the stream dies after a couple of seconds when there is no sound being played, DDLive is "virtual" for lack of a better term. The difference is night and day, you don't need to put your ear up to the speakers when testing for ch separation it is very noticeable at least to me.

Your comment made me realize that if the stream is set to 5.1 then DDLive and DTSi are awesome, but if the application has to auto detect the stream map then it is not awesome haha. For now I have gone back to using a DP>HDMI cable for sound, not ideal for me but it is the best option for now.

I use my Denon AVR-2808Ci with Spdif and DDL and DTSi and notice channel separation with games Like the new Star wars, GriD 2019, and older title NFS hot pursuit all of which in sound can select 5.1 and 7.1. I run it in 5.1 and can hear it all around me, and in racing games can hear the cars coming from behind and from which side, not in stereo at all for me. I messed with the setting for HDMI, but since my tv and pc is hooked up to my receiver with the spdif cables, I just find one more less thing to go into setting to play with the better, for me that is. But if I set up as 24 bit 96K in Spdif, and using DTS Nero 6, vs DDL is night and day as far as separation go. My rears are about 10 feet away from me, and my fronts and center are 2-3 feet away from me, so Im not hearing a blend of the front, there is actual separation from when I pass a car to go from front l/r to rear l/r as I pass or about to get passed, and same goes with the newest Star wars game. Maybe its within the receiver your using, a setting you have over looked perhaps? It was fun playing around with it getting to do DDL and DTSi through HDMI, but didnt see anything more with the settings to my ears playing with all the other driver settings, so if it aint broke :p

I get movies to play in all formats its supposed to using Spdif using VLC for you do need to enable SPDIF in the sound menu of VLC, and I use windows media classic player as well that installs with the K-Lite Codec pack I always install when I redo mine, or anyones pc.

Processor 3700X
Storage 970evo
Software W10Pro
Yes that is why I also would like to use spdif for simplifying all of the driver issues/quirks of using basically a ghost 2nd monitor for sound, etc. That is exactly as I thought, you are proving my point that if a game has surround options in game menu it will work. The problem is not all games have a surround option, many have autodetect to what you have in set in windows under "configure speakers", DDLive is only set under advanced and if you try to test it it will only send test tones in stereo even though you have selected DDLive or DTSi. Not arguing with you in anyway in that regard but DDLive and DTSi are limited to games with "surround" options. I confirmed that even on my own system but thank you anyways. I was chugging along fine till I installed a title that didnt have

When you play videos it is called Bitstreaming. Spdif will passthrough DTS and DD, you do not need DDLive for that nor does it use it because bitstreaming will take prioity when as you said it is enabled in your video player. You are not getting Lossless formats however. Spdif is not capable of sending formats such as DTS Master, D True HD, so you are missing out on some things, but what you dont know wont hurt you, and I doubt you would be able to hear the quality difference anyhow.

PS: these titles I have do not have surround options and are auto configured by system: Forza Horizons4. Halo Reach. Terminator Resistance.
These do have surround option and do output 5.1 with DDLive: Fallen Order, Some WiiU titles emulated by Cemu, DirtRally

You are right on that aspect, but to counter that I and my son both use older home theater receivers for our sound that have not only hdmi, but SPDIF, AND 7.1 in and out. most if not ALL newer receivers built have 7.1 out, but not in, so I buy the older ones off the goodwill's online store and make sure it has ins and outs in 5.1 or 7.1, for they are a aplenty on there and cheap. Then I can run my analogs, using a y adapter for my 7.1 headset to my receiver, so the games that dont play in surround sound, like you mentioned, will then doing it that way. May want to look into using older head units for the same reason, for you dont need a newer one when almost all newer TV's have Spdif out, and can use them as the HDMI switch, then looking for a receiver that has a butt ton of HDMI, and use its one out to the tv. I also find this takes care fo any video problems you may come into running everything to a newer receiver then to the tv, for my newer denon though is HDR support, will not, no matter what, even trying several 4k hdr supported cables, will ever play in HDR unless I go right from my PC to the TV using the same exact cable I was trying before. So for that fact, my pc setup is an older Denon with dedicated 7.1 inputs and outs, and anything NOT 4k goes into it, and out to my TV, and other stuff that is 4K goes right to the TV and use the SPDIF feature out to the receiver ;)

If interested its www.shopgoodwill.com if you need to get a cheap head unit that has 5.1 or 7.1, its like ebay on there, and got to look for one with reasonable shipping charges as well. I got this Denon for I believe $45 shipped several years ago and has served me well not needing to buy another one in quite some time for either of us. But if you want 5.1 or 7.1 in a game that doesnt allow you to select it using live, then this is the only other way to go without buying some cheap 5.1 logitechs that wont sound near as good as a head unit, 5- 7 speakers, and a dedicated decent sub, IMO of course, hence why I been doing it like this for many, many, many, many years.

Last edited:
Processor 3700X
Storage 970evo
Software W10Pro
Yes thanks. Precisely the problem!
I am astonished that Nvidia knows about many of people request an option in cp for audio only setting for one of the outputs and do nothing about it. They currently have a video only option so they can add an audio option just as well. At least I am not alone, there are lots of people in my same situation on other forums I have googled the crap out of this, we are all stuck with the choices below.

So the options are:
1. Buy a new AVR that can passthrough 4k60hz HDR
2. Use spdif/DDL and play only games that have a surround option in game menu haha
3. Keep dealing with (current config) the quirks of using a second hdmi/DP cable but have both HDR and Lossless audio with unprocessed surround in just about all games
4. Passthrough HDMI in my current system that cant passthrough HDR.

So yeah the easiest option is just to buy a new AVR. I'll definitely check that site out!

And Nvidia if you see this you NEED TO DO THIS vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Screenshot (52)_LI.jpg

Forget trying to find one with 4k pass through, for it will be too "new" if it does and will NOT have 7.1 inputs for analog from your pc. As mentioned get one that is HDMI with 1080P for stuff that still outputs in 1080P, and anything 4K run directly to your tv using it as the HDMI/DP 4K switch, and run a SPDIF to the new receiver if it has smart stuff on it so it will pass the DD or DTS signal from like Hulu, or netflix, or XXXX to the receiver. Then use 3.5mm to rca cables to go from your sound card to the analog inputs of the receiver. This way for all 4k your using your tv as if it is a $k HDMI switch, and like my PS3 and Xbox 360 go to my receiver, then out it to my tv and it decodes its digital sound, and since its doesnt do 4k, pumping its 1080P to the tv, lessens the need for a receiver with a bunch of older hdmi inputs for I have but the 2 consoles through hDMI, and then my Shield and PC goes right to the TV and out the spdif to the receiver for the all important sound decoding if in live, or my pc's analog so that the games play in 5.1/7.1 if no option, and I dont want it in stereo playing off the spdif connection, and its just a matter of selecting EXT inputs on the receiver using an assignable different input to switch over too.

I know sounds crazy, but its really easy, just again dont waste ur money on a 4k pass through one, for look in the back of it on google images and see that it will have 7.1 out, but it will not have 7.1 in anymore, hence y u need an older unit to do it for they had that back in the day, and why they got rid of it is beyond me, for every since Logitech put to rest the Z5500's, there really isnt a good powerful alternative I can ever find, and I like my stuff loud and proud.

Processor 3700X
Storage 970evo
Software W10Pro
Hmmm no I got you. So I would use spdif for bitstrreaming movies and analog for gaming. Interesting about using onboard analog surround. It would be nice to have that on a "new" AVR and HDMI. Pretty cool though. Like I have said before in this thread, I would gladly Sacrifice Lossless formats like DTSMaster etc for a direct HDMI video connection to the tv with audio only surround to the avr.
So with the analog surround do you notice any noise at high volumes? Can you use ARC, hmm I guess that would be no since you have spdif from the tv as well. I wish there was a way to compare for myself analog vs digital in games.
I did see BestBuy had an open box 4khdr avr tbh that would be a better option. I can currently passthrough 4k60hz but like i said no hdr and no rgb when going through the avr and there are also other quirks like the tv to avr ARC line still sends vbios boot priority all mucked up and random to either TV arc or direct hdmi from pc outputs.
Lots of pros and cons to weigh, I'll have to chew it over for awhile. Thanks!

And I agree with you about getting a desktop system no way am I getting rid of my HT setup, I have 20yr old Boston sub and Klipsch tower, center and rears speakers that were hand assembled from back when they used to be a quality mfg, and they are still sounding awesome and annoy the shit out of the wife so you know theyre good haha

Last edited:
Yeah I got a HT set up along with a dedicated set up for my pc and older consoles at my desk, only way, IMO, to do it right and hook all this crap up. Its kinda sad that at my HT set up its all HDMI, but at my pc its digital, HDMI, and analog, just to make sure movies, music, and mostly games, sound correct like they are supposed to :p And its really sad that manufactures of newer AVR receivers have completly ditched the 7.1 inputs. I can understand the outs, for if you really wanted to go nuts, and 200 watts a ch isnt enough, can run 7 dedicated amps for each speaker (hate to see the power bill with that set up), but really they never should of gotten rid of it. I think my Onkyo TX NR809 was the last unit made by Onkyo before the newer upgrade that had ins and outs. At some point Id like to pick up another video board for it and replace this Denon with it, for that unit is a freakin beast!

As for sound, it makes a diff in the analogs by not being as loud as digital, but a good powerful amp will make up for that. As far as noise, if I push my true 7.1 headphones hooked up to the analogs I really have to have it ear bleed loud to hear any kind of hiss, and mostly when I do its between audio tracks. But another thing to remember that will cause interference is the type of cables your using, your mother board grounding, or not grounding, and sometimes I found even the type of mouse driver if you have a aftermarket will cause unwanted extra crap in the line, and mouse you will hear as you move it across the screen. As my ground for my pc I make sure to use the mobo plate, and put in ALL the screws to make sure its as grounded as I can. OH also a crappy power supply will cause noise in the analogs, so I hope ur running a decent unit ;)

So Id suggest again going to goodwills or ebays site and pick up a cheap 5.1 receiver, with or without hdmi, that depends on your set up, and 7.1 if you can run all the 7.1 speakers in your room, or have plans of doing it later. I only run 7.1 to my headphones, for they are true 7.1, and run 5.1 to my receiver, though it is set for 7.1, I just dont have any way to hook up the side speakers in my room or Id have it set up that way already. But for the time being Im good with having 5.1 for that.

Processor 3700X
Storage 970evo
Software W10Pro
Totally agree that it sucks they have removed those inputs from modern receivers. Guess they just wanna cut costs as we are a very select few

wooshaq

Hello, im a bit noobish at this topic but bought myself a mobo with optical output and im struggling with setting surround sound. Could you please guide me.
My version is on the screenshot. Can I patch this version of realtek drivers or shuld i get a different one? WIN10 BTW

Opera Zrzut ekranu_2020-04-21_215613_remotedesktop.google.com.png

Last edited:
Processor 3700X
Storage 970evo
Software W10Pro
You should be able. Try it out. Several of us have posted all the steps. Don't expect games without a "surround" option in their audio settings to give you surround as lots of titles now output surround over PCM with no in-game option for sound which optical cant do anything about nor can DDLive.

Alx_cos

Please tell me how to download APO Driver from PureSoftApps. Needs some kind of registration? Download link is asking for a password. Thanks!

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2

GiveMeSurroundSound

You should be able. Try it out. Several of us have posted all the steps. Don't expect games without a "surround" option in their audio settings to give you surround as lots of titles now output surround over PCM with no in-game option for sound which optical cant do anything about nor can DDLive.
There's an easy solution for that problem. To enable surround sound over optical for any game that supports surround sound: LoopBeAudio.
Basically you need to set the Windows default speaker to LoopBeAudio virtual speaker (Internal Playback) which needs to be configured to 5.1 surround. In the properties of the virtual recording device (Internal Record) you just need to make your Realtek Digital Output (optical out) listen to it. And ta-da! Once you enable DD Live or DTS Connect you'll have working surround sound in all games that support surround sound.

P.S. Even though this is my first post on the forums I'm not affiliated with that website and/or LoopBeAudio. Just a happy application user. :peace:

Processor 3700X
Storage 970evo
Software W10Pro
I have moved on from optical. but someone else may find that useful. Sounds promising, if anyone is willing to pay or reboot every 60 mins lol.