• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Fixi0n

Hi chaps, great work on getting the dolby to work. Frequent lurker, but just made an account.

I've recently installed 7841_PG445_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL and as i was having some troubles i thought to give it a shot, to mod the DLL myself. As the version difference between the 2.75 DLL is pretty big. The DLL from the .zip even newer then the one from the 2.79 release (on the realtek driver download site).
Code:
ftp: ftp3.realtek.com.tw
username : spcust
password : hwwk758z
path: /Realtek/GeneralRelease
file: 7841_PG445_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

For me it seems everything is working, but since i can't test it truly for Dolby/DTS, maybe some of you can tell me if it is fully functional, and maybe even have much better results then the old dll. In any case, i've also used the registry mod, which disables the protected audio, it has been posted here many times.

If it works well, i'll have a look if it is possible to get it signed (custom cert), and which driver it is going to be.

Here is my version of the modded dll on zippyshare.
Code:
http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/IS1Vo345/file.html (usually the fastest and keeps uploads the longest)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/achq04
http://www.multiupfile.com/f/3319a466

Last edited:
Apparantly I still need to use Modifed drivers cause a board with DTS connect, only unlocks DTS connect, but DDL is not ><

Pihto

Apparantly I still need to use Modifed drivers cause a board with DTS connect, only unlocks DTS connect, but DDL is not ><
Try this attached dll's (patched by my patch) for last version drivers (on this moment):
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/GeneralRelease/7848_PG446_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

Attachments

• RltkAPO_7848.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,454

Fixi0n

Avast says: "Win32:patcher-AK [PUP]". Tat's thrue. It's patcher made by using dUP2 patch generator (http://dup2.en.softonic.com). Some antiviruses recognize it as hacking tool and even "trojan generic".
If you are not sure, you can launch this patcher on virtual machine.

Not sure if you are talking about my DLL, but if so; I have seen talk about a patch, but i have never downloaded it. Gave up a long time ago, clicking links, as they are mostly all offline. Never heard about the patcher, but looking at the DLL through IDA (original vs my version and some in between), it seems to me a general patcher is definately not a great valid option. Anyways, i have, on my own merit, used IDA Pro to make the changes, after analyzing previous patched DLL's.

Anyways, because the lack of quotes, i still don't know of my DLL works to the full extent.

Finally, i'm pretty sure i can patch the drivers with a new signature, if the DLL, or any-other one, is worth the trouble. Been fiddling quite a bit with M$ signing tools, and it surely seems possible to create a signed version (with your own personal certificate. In respect to that last bit, i'll definitely give you attachment a try.

Thanks!

predprey

Not sure if you are talking about my DLL, but if so; I have seen talk about a patch, but i have never downloaded it. Gave up a long time ago, clicking links, as they are mostly all offline. Never heard about the patcher, but looking at the DLL through IDA (original vs my version and some in between), it seems to me a general patcher is definately not a great valid option. Anyways, i have, on my own merit, used IDA Pro to make the changes, after analyzing previous patched DLL's.

Anyways, because the lack of quotes, i still don't know of my DLL works to the full extent.

Finally, i'm pretty sure i can patch the drivers with a new signature, if the DLL, or any-other one, is worth the trouble. Been fiddling quite a bit with M$ signing tools, and it surely seems possible to create a signed version (with your own personal certificate. In respect to that last bit, i'll definitely give you attachment a try.

Thanks!

This. IIRC, from 2.75 onwards the original code changed quite a bit, splitted into two subfunctions, so the patch needed to be applied to both. The patcher would probably need wildcards to detect all the bytes that need to be patched.

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Try this attached dll's (patched by my patch) for last version drivers (on this moment):
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/GeneralRelease/7848_PG446_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

This patched files works perfectly on my system A1 method ..thank you for the updated files !

RGSPro

Was able to install the modified driver v6.0.1.7747 that enabled the Creative X-Fi MB5 control panel and got that working. That only had DTS Interactive, so I used the RltkAPO_7848 zip thinking that wouldn't work with the 7747 driver but it did and enabled DDL 5.1. Fantastic to have DDL 5.1 working with onboard sound with the Pro Studio options. I didn't think I would be able to make that work.

Only downside is the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel no longer works, but I guess all those options are available in the windows sound options.

I do have a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD card, but when using DDL over optical it would get static and popping after an hour or so. I would have to switch the speaker config around a few times to get it to stop. Creative support was unable to help with that and their 1 year warranty is pretty short for how expensive their cards are.

cameronmc88

Got this working on Windows 10, working great with Dolby Digital Live. Setup is Astro a40 Headset with Mixamp using Optical Cable + USB.

I see an option called Pro Logic II under Dolby Home Theater, do I enable this while using DDL? or can only one be ran at a time..

System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
My Realtek on board is the 889 which is a beast of an onboard chip... apparently my ASUS driver from main webpage has DTS Ultra, but it only works in 2.0 mode and i have tested it... sounds atrocious.

I doubt anyone with a lower fidelity Realtek sound chip will be able to really use the "extra" features properly as they don't sound as good unless you use coaxial or optical out, which for most boards with a lower end chip may not have, i have noticed a huge difference between the same sound chip too, my AMD MSI 790FX-GD70 uses the same 889 chip and sounds much worse, my Z68 EVGA SLi board has it too and sounds as good as this one on my X58 board...

Makes me think that the sound chip on the AMD board has interference through the 6 ports.

A note too, my MSI 790FX-GD70 has the same coaxial and optical out as my x58 board but has no DTS options at all.

Untitled.png

onlytanmoy

@Pihto - first things first..many thanks for creating the patcher. i am trying to summarize how to use it..pls correct me if wrong, thanks.
a. download the latest driver files
b. extract them
c. run your patcher
d. when prompted, point to the .dll files in the extracted folder (is that right??, which all .dll files?)
e. patch the registry when prompted
f. patcher work done, now go to the extracted folder and run setup.exe

query--> if driver already installed in system, do i need to uninstall it before using the above method.

xBossK

Can confirm that A1 is working with R2.78 on my Asus Maximus VII Formula

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Test Mode On
2. Download R2.78 and replace the .dll in the file with the A1 .dll from the OP. (You'll have to change the .dll filename to include the "L")
3. Install R2.78 > Restart when requested > Complete Installation.
4. Regedit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.
5. Test Mode Off
6. Restart your system.
7. Enjoy DDL without Test Mode, Disabling DSE, or any other hassles.

Worked perfectly in a genuine Windows 10 64bit Build 10586.420.

I also used the provided version and dll attached by @Pihto. Thanks!

Pihto

(is that right??, which all .dll files?)
RltkAPO64.dll or RtkAPO64.dll for x64 systems and RltkAPO.dll or RtkAPO.dll for x86 systems. In old driver versions RtkAPO, in new versions - RltkAPO.
if driver already installed in system, do i need to uninstall it before using the above method.
No, you don't need to uninstall. You can simply replace original dll's with patched dll's.

UpLoader

Hello everybody! I'm sorry if this is wrong topic for it, but still, maybe someone could help me?
I'm often recording tournament or other games. I am using Logitech G633 7.1 headphones, but the problem is, when recording in stereo - sound is perfectly fine, but when recording in 7.1 - sound is bad quality and really weird. So I'm wondering, is there any way to fix this? Of course, I could simply be in stereo mode, but then the whole point of buying these headphones is lost. But maybe there is some way to record sound from another device while still hearing sound from my headphones, or some other way to fix this?

Thanks!

onlytanmoy

@Pihto i am getting the msg-- this action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another prog...in my attempt to overwrite the RltkAPO64.dll with the patched dll, please help.

UpLoader

@Pihto i am getting the msg-- this action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another prog...in my attempt to overwrite the RltkAPO64.dll with the patched dll, please help.

You can rename the original file first and then add patched dll