1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Up to 50% off on Refurbished Cases!

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by XNine, May 19, 2012.

1. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure someone just bought $200 worth of stuff and got the free shipping. That's what, anywhere from 2 to 10 cases. We have one too many computer shop owners here, and the profit margins are over 100% as long as the cases look brand new. I thought about buying a dozen cases to flip on Craigslist, it would have been worth my while.

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    But why would you wanna pay for a second hand case when you can get BNIB for cheaper

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    pay attention to what hes saying buy enough shipping becomes FREE thus if he orders 10 cases at $20 a pop with free shipping he just spent $200 sell them on craigslist for $35 a pop he just made $150 profit without doing anything more then posting a quick add ;) thats all hes saying if you buy enough cases the shipping IS free aka bulk orders make more sense NZXT selling them that cheap for individuals isnt a great buy but if your building a bunch of lan rigs etc then it makes sense

$50 a pop x 10 new cases = $500
    $20 a pop x10 with free shipping = $200
    sell at $35 x 10 = $350 still undercuts retail but you make a profit simple business really lol

4. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Only makes sense if you are a PC builder that builds and sells or a PC shop to resell. Normal person if not gonna spend the full 199$

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    true but kantastic said straight up it would be worth his while aka buy 10+ get free shipping sell for profit lulz :toast:

6. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    That maybe the case if you sold them local but shipping would kill you if you ebayed them.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    and thats what he said local aka Craigslist i dont know anyone who sells on craigslist and ships :roll: thats like being dumb enough to fall for that Congo prince who needs some money so he can release his assets and youll be richly rewarded shit....

8. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    There are plenty of full-time builders here on TPU, and even if there weren't, let's not be so naive as to think XNine only posted this on one forum. If I owned a shop, I'd buy every single one of those sub-$25 cases, even if it means storing them in a basement somewhere. The M59 is a fairly stylish, fairly capable case at its retail price, even more so at $20. The 210 Elite (white/black) cases are low-key, simple looking cases that will work well in any budget build.

Which is why they're not selling individual cases with free shipping, it would kill the deal for them too wouldn't it? Selling a case for $20 and paying $25-$30 to ship it across the country makes no sense. At the end of the day, NZXT is a business. It may seem like fun and games (especially on the forums), but they care about one thing and one thing only, revenue.

Some things like cases really don't matter when it comes to new vs. second hand vs. refurbished/recertified, at least to me. Cases are nothing but sheets of metal with a few cheap plastic fans and some I/O ports attached to a PCB. As long as the exterior looks fine, and the fans and the ports work, who's going to know whether or not it's been previously used? The only reason a case needs to be RMAed for refurbishing is because something failed, and if the fan or some of the ports failed (which isn't common, they ARE electronics after all), then chances are, they will be replaced with new units.

9. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Well, I sent the info on when I said I would. It's up to others, way above me, to do the rest. I'm sorry if the shipping prices turned many of you off of these deals. That wasn't my or NZXT's intentions, I assure you of that.