• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Update BIOS of Asus EAH6970 DCII to support UEFI GOP?

m0nKeY

Hi,

I'm new here at this Forum, so let me first introduce my self a little bit. I'm from Germany and working as electronics and software developer. Hope this is enough information about me for my first post. :D

I just updated my Asrock Z68 Extrem4 Gen3 to support Win8 Ultra Fast Boot and the short after that to recognize that my graphics-card EAH6970 DCII doesn't support UEFI GOP...

Is there any possibility to update the BIOS of my graphics-card to add the UEFI GOP feature?

Greetings
m0nKeY

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming.
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Air Cooler 6 heat pipes.
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor HellHound RX 7900 GRE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case Modded NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
I tryed to do a bit of reserch for you and all i can gather is this.
Inless one has been made by the manufacturer of your card then i would say your out of luck.
It also seems like a lot of cards do not suport it and if they do it's usualy disabled from what i have been reading.

I can't seem to find anything that will help, Sorry.

System Name Main rig
Processor Intel i7-4790K Devils Canyon
Motherboard Asus Z97-A
Cooling Antec Kuhler 620
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro
Video Card(s) Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Case Corsair 600T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-FI HD Platinum
Power Supply Corsair AX750 Gold
for those who are unaware, GOP is basically the UEFI replacment for VESA. It has to be coded in the VGA bios, however, its pretty big, and a lot of cards dont have large enough flash memories to contain it..

Contact Asus, they should let you know weather they plan on making a hybrid bios for your card....