• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Update Realtemp

There is a little bug when using 3.7 which is very annoying. I realise it is a Windows thing rather than your code, but I wish you could find a solution. In fact I have a suggestion that would fix it (see below).

The bug: I like to have two RealTemp numbers in my Windows 10 system tray, one shows the largest of the core CPU temps, the other is the GPU temp. The bug is that one of them keeps vanishing, and I have to go to All settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Select which icons appear in the taskbar/ and turn the missing one back on again.

My solution would be to have a version of Realtemp which split in two, with two slightly different names. One for CPU, the other for GPU. That would solve it, as Windows would be happy to have two icons.

Thanks for your work on RealTemp. I'm sure there are many people who look forward to a new version. I recently looked at all the other programs I could find that do this and RealTemp is the best.
(I would be happy to test any new or beta version)

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
I want to know if @Harespok1974 ever found the .exe files??? When will we know how the saga turned out?

System Name Mythlogic Dia 1616s (Clevo P650rs-G)
Processor i7 6820HK @ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard OEM Clevo P650rs-g
Cooling OEM
Memory 16GB DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) GTX 1070
Storage 512GB Plextor M8PeG, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 15.6" 4K Laptop display. OLD 20" Dell secondary
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro and Kali Linux
Benchmark Scores Verified Novabench Score: 2500. Too lazy to track down the rest
I would be more than happy to Beta test for what its worth. Hell, I'll even toss a few bucks towards a paypall for your efforts.
It is not finished yet.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
As i understand it
there is a new Beta ( Testing is by Personal Invite only )
and as i think it was explained earlier in thread
Further development By the Software writer is hampered by the lack of more modern Hardware (He will Gratefully Accept donations /Loans of newer modern CPU's and motherboards to assist in further Development).

Thanks to the kindness of unclewebb I have been using version 4 for more than a year. Last year I updated my system to an i7-8700K with 6 cores and an AMD RX 580 GPU, and it works perfectly, although it shows results for only 4 cores, plus the package.
I think it is a shame it is not made available to all, as is, even if it subsequently gets further upgrades.

System Name Cheapskate Maximus
Processor Xeon W3680 @ 3.99Ghz [133x30] [1.375v]
Motherboard HP Z400 Rev 2
Cooling Alpenfohn Brocken v1
Memory 3 x 4GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX570 Nitro+
Storage 240GB WD SSD, 6 x 2TB HDD
Display(s) 27" iiyama XB2783HSU AMVA+
Case AeroCool
Power Supply HP 600w Bronze (Delta)
Keyboard Gots keys
Software W10 x64
Are you running Realtemp.exe or RealtempGT.exe? Running the latter showed all 6 of my cores.