1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Upgrade question?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by VonBeck, Nov 14, 2012.

  1. VonBeck New Member

    Nov 14, 2012
    1 (0.00/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Okay, I have a question for people that know better than I...

    This is my system as of right now:

    Processor: Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz (Quad Core)
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 (Intel X58 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
    System Memory: 6GB DDR3 2000MHz GTX-8 Digital Storm Certified Extreme Performance (Highly Recommended)
    Power Supply: 1000W Digital Storm Certified (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
    Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB (Includes PhysX) (Overclocked EVGA Edition)

    Question is , should I just get a GTX 670 now or wait and get the new "kepler" cards later?

    Would getting a 670/680 now make much of a difference in performance? Or will waiting for the new "keplers" bottleneck my system later next year?

    Thanks for your expertise...
  2. dude12564 New Member

    Dec 18, 2011
    470 (0.22/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    First of all, welcome to the TPU forums.

    AMD's GCN (HD7000) cards are going for pretty cheap right now, and they're worth considering as well. The HD 7950 is going for as low as $270 in Canada (if you live there).
  3. xxdozer322


    May 16, 2012
    441 (0.22/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Santa Ana, Ca.
    sli that 580, im pretty sure you can find one for cheap. and that should hold you over till the 700series

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guest)