• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

US Government Could Blacklist Chinese Chipmaker SMIC

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Reading this thread made me puke. Sad!

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
It's hypocritical indeed. I say that as a US citizen myself. I think a fair more few of us feel this way than people think. We tend to be quiet though, which makes us less visible.

Really the only difference is we haven't attacked our direct neighbors for a bit (Mexico-American war was a while ago, but bad enough that it probably earned us more than enough points for two centuries)

You don't attack them openly, you just build walls to keep them out. Or enable systemic discrimination against them and other ethnic minorities.

Hi,
Like covid-19 release.

Cool conspiracy theory bro. You got any more of them tinfoil hats? Or maybe something better, like evidence?

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
If you consider how many 'outposts' the old empires of Europe and the US have a across the globe, and consider the displacement of indiginous people by said acts, it's naive to see China as the sole aggressor. Yes, it's a very intolerant government with an atrocious human rights record. But it's not alone. Saudi, the UK and the US's biggest arms customer is one of the worst in the world. But damn, those pounds and dollars....

I just find the binary, West is good, China bad mantra , a tad tedious and ill-informed.
Hi,
As you note some reasons why China needs dealing with I do not see your comment at the end being done
It's just well past time to get tough with China period
If not current president than whom would ?? surely not anyone running against him this year this would just be a return to prior practice of selling out the USA again and blind eye.
Martha Stewart went to jail for using sweat shops in China nothing has happened to Nike/..... and NBA contracts are saints lol

You don't attack them openly, you just build walls to keep them out. Or enable systemic discrimination against them and other ethnic minorities.

Cool conspiracy theory bro. You got any more of them tinfoil hats? Or maybe something better, like evidence?
Hi,
Evidence is clear in death rates and fact China locked down it's self but let people leave to other contries so wear blinders if you like but it's way to obvious to most people this might of started as an accident but what China did after was on purpose.

Open boards guy I see typical response US can not take care of everyone who comes here illegally period only triggered snow flakes think we can mostly because they have no plans to make money and pay taxes only take.
But I won't stress you too much you must be late to a riot somewhere :)

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64

Do I sound like I disagree? I did say the irony was strong.

not current president than whom would ??

Anyone else could do the same, and probably with more tact. Heck, a donkey could do it with more tact if you really want to drag it there.

The question is how much is the correct amount of pressure. I don't trust Trump one bit to make that decision.

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
For those of you who simply cannot adhere to the ToS, please read what I highlighted:

Posting in a thread
  • Be polite and Constructive, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
    • This includes trolling, continuous use of bad language (ie. cussing), flaming, baiting, retaliatory comments, system feature abuse, and insulting others.
    • Do not get involved in any off-topic banter or arguments. Please report them and avoid instead.
    • Healthy debates will generally be allowed if the following criteria is met.
      • Useful sources and constructive wording.
      • Maintain the topic that they're taking place in.
      • No insults, trolling, shaming, hate or toxicity.
      • Avoid political or religious comment unless it is specifically relevant to a topic and in those cases is only acceptable if done in an unbiased manner.
      • Once it is considered over, do not drag it on only to have the last word.
      • Short and pointless posts like "yeah", "me too" or "haha" can be made on the rest of the internet, not here. Post count doesn't increase your e-penis.

A lot of people seem to forget it was the previous, Obama administration that started moving against Huawei. It's not about Trump.
Exactly. The current administration is following through on the efforts of the previous. The problems China presents to the US and the rest of the world are real and very serious. Political lines go out the window in such matters.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
For those of you who simply cannot adhere to the ToS, please read what I highlighted:

My apologies. Thanks for playing shepard here, at least I sometimes forget to read the subject. For some reason I thought this was lounge.

Exactly. The current administration is following through and the efforts of the previous. The problems China presents to the US and the rest of the world are real and very serious. Political lines go out the window in such matters.

I will agree on a non-political note that tariffs against the current Chinese administration are probably the right route to go, provided it doesn't escalate into military conflict or something. But I really don't see that happening (No one wants it). If nothing else, it pressures the Chinese government to behave.

The reasoning for this is not just to protect western tech from competition (though that's certainly a nice side effect), but to protect it from rampant tech piracy that China tends to be famous for. Even if China remains the government that it sadly is (and I don't doubt that), maybe the tariffs will at least help them learn to play by the rules the rest of the world goes by. Here's hoping, I guess?

I've been critical of a lot of policy from the present admin but this is one I've been somewhat mixed on, because it really does need to happen in certain aspects.

Last edited:
We've also become way too much of a throw-away society, simply because things are so cheap, so even if they don't last, it's not a big deal, as we can get a new one for cheap.
True! And it's a lacking mentality, not just wasteful. Example? Apple iPhone.. Not built to last. They're deliberately engineered to fail and be replaced not repaired. Extemely wasteful and very unfriendly to environmental concerns.

For some reason I thought this was lounge.
Given the topic, I think any of us can be forgiven for thinking that as long as we rope it in.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
[QUOTE =“ Bones,帖子:4344042,成员:144474”]
TBH我从未意识到这一点,也从未听到过任何消息。
但是,如果那确实是真的,那么特朗普只是在跟进奥巴马的所作所为,并将其进一步推进。

问题在于,无论如何,随着时间的流逝,中国将变得更具侵略性,历史已经证明了事实,因此是否有人站出来反对这不是问题。
他们以所有这些小岛为例,扩大军事影响力,以此类推,让他们变得更具侵略性而不是成为目标的问题,更像是成功实现自己的议程而坚定地这样做。

他们取得的进步越多,就像过去其他政权所做的那样,他们就会做的越多,推动事物看一个人能走多远只是人类的本性。
就像在学校时一样,你是班上的小丑-总是测试事物的边缘,看是否可以摆脱它,并且您已经知道失败的后果。
[/引用]
you think China is aggressivity ,but in War in Afghanistan 、the Iraq War and so on,American is more aggressivity.American think they are police of the world,requried the world on the road of they want.

Don't have to guess where this is apparently coming from - Do I?

China is an aggressor with the instilled cultural belief of manifest destiny to rule the world and I never claimed the US was innocent either - To be fair BOTH do their share of dirty deeds as any other nation you can name has all along.
If you can name them, they've done it - Period.

And I can say if 9-11 hadn't happened, we probrably woudn't have been in the places you named.

As for banning corporations from doing business elsewhere, that also happens for whatever reasons - China does the same thing itself.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Do I sound like I disagree? I did say the irony was strong.

My apologies - I did not mean to claim, or imply, that you in particular do.

I just have a very dim view of America's belief in itself as a bastion of freedom and equality when it so abjectly is not.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 945
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Memory 6gb DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD6870
Storage Seagate 1tb
Display(s) Acer AL2216W
Case Generic
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Ultra LS-550
Let America alienate the much needed Chinese tech companies. they are just being paranoid and cutting their nose off to spite their face. there probably is not the manufacturing capabilitie in america to replace all the Chinese companies( who they have probably been dealing with for years with no problem ) they are alienating. Trump is a joke.

Depending on companies with ties to governments that hate you is never a good idea.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
I do find it funny as hell when someone says another country is systemically racist but then says he hates that countries people
Interesting like the pot calling the kettle black now that is irony lol :kookoo:

US is on a strike, but this will backfire HARD on them sooner or later.
US is producing probably 10% of what they need and most of the stuff they buy/use is from China.
Guess what will happen if China decides to say f**c you to US.
US will turn into a new Mexico.

Good but it's too late. I'm sorry but everything they got is stolen. They have people in reeducation camps. Whenever I hear the word camps I get nervous. Everyone that says something against the government gets charged with something and disappears or recants what they said. After 1989 that should have been it for us dealing with them. But greed is king here in the U.S. Should have never, ever had any relations with them. It's too late now though. They are strong arming Hong Kong, going to go after Taiwan. They need a bitch slap. But it's too late. Our country is burning down everyone hates each other if they don't agree with them, free speech doesn't exist anymore. Having the wrong opinion can get you shot. It's going to be fun when our economy collapses. I'm not a fan of the Chinese government. Their people deserve better.

US is producing probably 10% of what they need and most of the stuff they buy/use is from China.
China isn't going to have to do anything. We're collapsing on our own. As soon as the government stops propping things up we're done. We already have debt we will never be able to pay back. I have people I know who will be homeless when the rent amnesty ends. I've had more and more people I know being informed they are permanently laid off because the business is closing. I have no idea why people aren't freaking out here. It baffles me.

D

Deleted member 24505

Much needed for what exactly?

Your Xbox, Ps4 and most of your PC parts are made in china. Who will make all that if the US bans all Chinese electronic imports out of stupidity? American companies :laugh:

I am very much looking forward to that, have even bought popcorn

Exactly my point. US are retards alienating China over perceived Huawei spying for the Chinese gov.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Low quality post by Dave65
System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
And I guess all the Trump haters would rather him just lie down and let China do as it will like his predecessors have.

You may not like him personally or the way he does things BUT at least he's doing something vs all the rest which have done exactly squat about it up until now. Maybe you don't agree with it and that's fine, even if it doesn't work at least it's a tangible attempt to do so which is more than what's happened up until now, successful or not.
To bad you don't say that about commrade Putin. China bad, Putin good because the Orange Bone Spur says so.

System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
Good but it's too late. I'm sorry but everything they got is stolen. They have people in reeducation camps. Whenever I hear the word camps I get nervous. Everyone that says something against the government gets charged with something and disappears or recants what they said. After 1989 that should have been it for us dealing with them. But greed is king here in the U.S. Should have never, ever had any relations with them. It's too late now though. They are strong arming Hong Kong, going to go after Taiwan. They need a bitch slap. But it's too late. Our country is burning down everyone hates each other if they don't agree with them, free speech doesn't exist anymore. Having the wrong opinion can get you shot. It's going to be fun when our economy collapses. I'm not a fan of the Chinese government. Their people deserve better.

China isn't going to have to do anything. We're collapsing on our own. As soon as the government stops propping things up we're done. We already have debt we will never be able to pay back. I have people I know who will be homeless when the rent amnesty ends. I've had more and more people I know being informed they are permanently laid off because the business is closing. I have no idea why people aren't freaking out here. It baffles me.

AFAIK, less than a 100 years ago, such reeducation camps were held in the US and in Canada to "integrate" tribal native americans, where "indian" children were stripped from their original culture.

History is a funny thing... Always written by the hands of the winners but always remembered by the loosers as long as they don't get wiped/genocided to oblivion...

What are you talking about? In Russia the government has just tried to assassinate one of the opposition leaders with forbidden chemical weapons. The irony is strong on this one.

What are you talking about? In U.S. they succeeded in assassinating their own president, do a google search about J.F.K The irony is stronger on this one.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
What are you talking about? In U.S. they succeeded in assassinating their own president, do a google search about J.F.K The irony is stronger on this one.

This thread truly brings out the most interesting of posters :kookoo:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Your Xbox, Ps4 and most of your PC parts are made in china. Who will make all that if the US bans all Chinese electronic imports out of stupidity? American companies :laugh:
Not a problem, Taiwan can take back all that. Besides, my motherboard is already made in Taiwan #1, my CPU is made in the US, Taiwan and Malaysia, my DRAM and SSD are made in Taiwan, my graphics card is made in Taiwan. I guess that leaves a few metal bits and some fans.
China isn't needed for anything as such.
Besides, you have clearly not been paying attention, most of the manufacturers are already moving production to India, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and of course Taiwan already.
The Chinese companies are actually not the ones making any of those products, as those companies are mainly Taiwanese.

Foxconn - Taiwanese
Flex (Flextronics) - Singapore/USA
Pegatron - Taiwanse
Quanta - Taiwanese
Compal - Taiwanese
Wistron - Taiwanes
Inventec - Taiwanese
Lite-On - Taiwanese
Qisda - Taiwanese
Mitac - Taiwanese
Cal-Comp - Thai

So again, who needs China?

China makes awfully cheap products but make killer viruses.
Too soon.

Low quality post by Deleted member 24505
D

Deleted member 24505

Not a problem, Taiwan can take back all that. Besides, my motherboard is already made in Taiwan #1, my CPU is made in the US, Taiwan and Malaysia, my DRAM and SSD are made in Taiwan, my graphics card is made in Taiwan. I guess that leaves a few metal bits and some fans.
Besides, you have clearly not been paying attention, most of the manufacturers are already moving production to India, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and of course Taiwan already.
The Chinese companies are actually not the ones making any of those products, as those companies are mainly Taiwanese.

Foxconn - Taiwanese
Pegatron - Taiwanse
Quanta - Taiwanese
Compal - Taiwanese
Wistron - Taiwanes
Inventec - Taiwanese
Lite-On - Taiwanese
Qisda - Taiwanese
Mitac - Taiwanese
Cal-Comp - Thai

Too soon.

Won't be long till the farty trump, has taiwan on his hit list too.

Haha this thread has epic scales of TDS and MSM regurgitating.

Aside from that this move is obvious, it's Political first, then business as second, look at SMIC what do they even produce, they are doing it now, probably stolen Micron technology or whatever, where were all these people when Apple started doing business with Chinese Govt. when they bent over for the Xi and CCP to shove and take control over the iCloud data and servers and every single bit and ban VPNs & how Disney moves close to CCP, esp with their latest IP lawsuits on 3rd party Toy makers in China, the CCP doens't care but when the money comes in they blast them off, a big 3P toymaker for transformers got shoved hard in China. Or where were people when AMD got DoD approval for the Zen IP transfer in 2016 to Hygon. American Wall.St made China where it is now, they didn't care about the long term and wanted short term and got what they wanted, China in return grew exponentially, to the point of corrupting Americans from Reddit censorship and influencing goliath gaming studios like Activision / Blizzard, Epic games bending over Tencent, Hollywood as well. And Venture Capitalists in Silicon Valley, esp the uber libertarian socjus social media activists we often see on Social Media nowdays on Twitter and Reddit are often against U.S & even American companies themselves, like Apple and look at that Google Project Dragonfly, that move after how many years of abandoning Chinese market ? Look how America is willing to make such moves to sell itself out, sad truth.

Chinese aggression has been over the top lately, China is going the route of debt based sugar daddy system on Sri Lanka, South China Sea, Africa (WHO Covid disaster who can forget ?) and other parts of the world esp India - Pakistan clashes and Chinese stance. No one is an innocent. This is purely the American way of controlling the Technology, by this move SMIC's SSDs won't take off, look at EU and ASIA, Huawei, BBK and Xiaomi control a lot, again they learnt that from Apple's Pegatron, Foxconn facilities in China, how come a nobody in Tech can rise to such ranks. Chinese mastered the art of Reverse Engineering from Technology & Military. And the way to see this is multifaceted to be honest. India cannot be much aggressive over China, Russia cannot only U.S can do it so why not use the power when you have ? That's why Taiwan also announced TSMC fab in AZ to get the American hand in the geopolitical warfare of technology.

Forgot the most important thing, CCP is the actual part which is ruining China, be it their advantage of removing poverty and not making a disaster like western civ destabilization which is happening esp this year in all forms of entertainment from games, movies, TV shows having the socio PC garbage. All of them traded for the loss of complete liberty and total authoritarian. Japan & S.K are much better in this aspect as unlike west derangement and Chinese authoritarian they are still a democratic system and still are conservative respecting their nation's history or family values, however it's up-to them on how long they can continue that as we can see cracks in that too sadly.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit

Foxconn - Taiwanese
Pegatron - Taiwanse
Quanta - Taiwanese
Compal - Taiwanese
Wistron - Taiwanes
Inventec - Taiwanese
Lite-On - Taiwanese
Qisda - Taiwanese
Mitac - Taiwanese
Cal-Comp - Thai

All true but irrelevant if China succeeds in taking Taiwan and it becomes Chiwan. ;)