• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

USB-C AUDIO on the ASUS ROG Strix B550-i Gaming

System Name Prometheus
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
Cooling EKWB EK-240 AIO D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070Ti Ventus 3X OC 12GB
Storage WD Black SN850 1TB + 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
Display(s) DELL U4320Q 4K + Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 4K
Case Jonsbo A4 ver1.1 SFF
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum SFX
Mouse Logitech Pro Wireless
Keyboard Vortex Race 3 75% MX Brown
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Hello!

The USB-C AUDIO port on my ASUS ROG Strix B550-i Gaming seems to not work anymore after I updated the BIOS to 1803. It worked mostly fine with 1801 and lower, with the included adapter USB-C to 4 pole audio jack, I was using it to connect my headphones + mic without needing to disconnect my speakers. I say mostly because the jack sensing thing was finicky on the USB-C, and sometimes required a reboot.

Can anyone with this motherboard confirm that they still have audio through the dedicated USB-C AUDIO port on this version of the BIOS? Eventually I will downgrade the BIOS to 1801 or even lower (160x, I have all of them, even if ASUS pulled all but 1401) to diagnose this issue, but for now I would like to avoid it.

Of course I already tried a fresh OS install (NVMe SSD upgrade), with fresh drivers (the ones on the download page and the update available through Armory Crate), and even the experimental Realtek audio drivers available in the ASUS forums (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB). None seem to work.

Full system specs in the profile section on the left.

Thanks!