• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

used psu bought from shop as new

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
i bought a psu today from my local retailer, just some cheap generic thing but it met the specs needed for a very lowpowered rig so i though well its only cheap so it'l do, buy the thing an after me t start to put in into my rig only to find the warenty sticker has been torn. Then upon closer inspection the grill on the back is a little twisted. Im going to take it back tmorrow and hope i can get my money back, even though they have a sign saying no psu's can be returned. So wat im asking is is there anyway i can threaten them if they say they wont refund me anyone i can say ill tell so to speak coz ihavent opend the thing so theyv'e sold me a power supply unit thats been opend as new that could have killed me or anyone else who happend to touch my pc if something was wrong with it. Never minfd frying my rig. Ive got the reciept and everything but if they refue a refund is there anyone i can say ill contact that they as a shop owner might not want to?

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Just go back in and say this is what I found when I opened my package....Care to explain?

I bet they just swap it out, unless it was sealed in a plastic wrapping, then they can blame the manufacturer. The biggest issue is that the Manufacturer wont RMA the PSU with the torn "void if removed" sticker.

You can only try, I don't think you have grounds to threaten them as its really your word against the shop at this point. Just hope they play fair.

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
yea well i didnt mean threaten them wrong use of words but oh well. I hope i get a refund thats what id prefer tbh ill let u guys no tmox then