• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Using a mixer for multiple audio sources

System Name MDG Control Station
Processor I7-6850k
Motherboard Asus Strix X99 Gaming
Cooling H100i Water Cooler
Memory 32GB Corsair Platinum
Video Card(s) Strix 1080TI
Storage 2 SSD's, 1 Hybrid, 4 HDD's
Display(s) (1) Acer X34 Predator, (1) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q, (3) 21" 1080p,'s (1) 24" 1080p
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X5
Mouse (2) G502 Proteus, (1) Razer Basalisk, (1) Deathadder Elite
Keyboard Corsair K70 w. Speed Switches
Software Win 10 Pro
So I currently use VM Banana for virtual audio cables but wanted more of a physical control on each output. Thru VMB I have desktop, spotify, discord, and mic volume all separated. I cannot figure out how to hook up all of these sources into a physical mixer and back into the PC. Can someone please guide me or point me in the right direction. 4 sources coming out from PC into mixer and 1 source going back in. I linked my mixer below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039PPW60/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Processor I7-6850k
Display(s) (1) Acer X34 Predator, (1) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q, (3) 21" 1080p,'s (1) 24" 1080p
Software Win 10 Pro
Damn all these tech people in here and not one person knows how to do this? Surprising

Damn all these tech people in here and not one person knows how to do this? Surprising

@MetroDetroitGaming

You would need separate audio ouput devices to do something like that. That's why programs like Voicemeeter Banana exists. I'm a streamer and I had a 4 channel USB Pyle mixer and it was a waste of my time and money. I recently picked up a Focusrite Scarlett Solo Gen 2 USB interface and its just what I need. It is a mic preamp also so my XLR mic sounds better than it did just on my crappy mixer. But the device has XLR input and a 1/4' line input that I run a 3.5mm to 1/4' cable from my sound card to the Scarlett. Then, I have a 1/4 headphone monitor port on the device also, that I plug my Sennheiser HD579 into. For my needs, I just want to be able to control volume without minimizing my game and this allows me to do that. For what you wanna do, you're better off just getting something like that and using Voicemeeter Banana along with a program called "Audio Router" to route your programs to different audio sources. There's a plugin called VB Cable or something to that effect that is a virtual audio cable. So you can have spotify routed to the VB Cable input, then listen to it on one of the channels on Voicemeeter. Then you can have Discord router to Voicemeeter Aux input, then your game audio on the regular Voicemeeter input, etc. The Scarlett can also be an audio input on Voicemeeter in addition to your regular sound card.

Processor I7-6850k
Software Win 10 Pro
Yea I already use VM Banana and the virtual audio cables. I have Mic, Discord, Desktop & Discord separated. It works fine the way it is but I wanted more of a physical control and a way to monitor what the stream is hearing since my audio levels are different from what the stream is hearing.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
@MetroDetroitGaming I know nothing about streaming, but I have a wee bit experience with mixers, and sadly that's not how they work. Most of them, anyway. As said, you'd need to feed the different audio sources to the inputs of the mixer and then output them to the computer. It's likely possible with some mixers, if they have the control software for it, but I don't know if that is the case with your Behringer. I don't even know what the function's called. Are there forums for streamers? I assume there is. Or maybe some dedicated A/V forums. You might have better luck there.

Processor I7-6850k
Software Win 10 Pro
Yea I know, I have a sound card so thats 1, the headphone jack is another output, and theres other aux output on the mobo sound outputs. I had it actually working for a while but the audio (perhaps the morph) was causing a problem. I know its possible with enough outputs, just have to get 1 input in the mixer and then back out. I'm thinking another sound card might be needed.

Does anyone know when streamers are using a mixer are they only mixing 2 sources? Is it just Spotify and Desktop audio?