1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Venturer Electronics Creates Next Sub-$200 HD-DVD Player

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Dec 1, 2007.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Regardless of how successful Blu-ray and HD-DVD are right now, HD-DVD has almost always had the edge as far as pricepoint goes. Venturer Electronics is proud to continue that legacy with the SHD7000 HD-DVD player. In stores just in time for the holidays, this player is currently $197.88 at Wal-Mart, and will hopefully permeate other stores around the world. While some would argue that the SHD7000 arrived too late, considering the success and low price of the Toshiba HD-A2, current prices say otherwise. While you could get the HD-A2 for as low as $99 during in-store special sales at Wal-Mart, the price is now hovering at around $250. The SHD7000 is nearly identical to the Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD player as far as features go, boasting HDMI, 1080i output resolution, and Dolby TrueHD support.

Source: DailyTech

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Great pricing.

But why do budget electronic/hifi stuff always look like a modern toilet? They really DO need to spend a bit more on the product design and make it more classy.

Oh, and no $99 deals here in Europe. Shame. I'd be buying HD-DVD if it were $200 or less (EUR 150 or less). HD-DVD REALLY needs to get some volume out NOW to establish a presence. If not, they will not win the volume war... which it critical IMO to win the format.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    very true!!!!

Toshiba needs to get off their arses and make with the production facilities, iof it takes bringing a whip out on the factory workers then so be it

4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    My question is, why cant both exist? Honestly, I like them both and I dont see the need to have one clear winner.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    i think that having both hd dvd and blu ray is a bad idea i evenualy see hd dvd winning due to price but if sony keeps hammering the blu ray in there adverts and people keep buying the lamestation 3 then blu could win but its hard, to choose between a hd dvd player and blu ray player its going to be hd dvd player and i think thats due to price so with do many people not having a gaystation 3.

seriously if there was a hd dvd player for cheap in the UK id buy it if i had a hd tv

6. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Blah! I had a 5-disc dvd changer home theatre system from venturer and it stopped playing dvd's 3 months after I bought it. Still plays all my mp3 discs, audio cd's (burned and pressed), and VCD's on cd-r's, except it will not even budge with a dvd!

I say stay away!

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. cjoyce1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    need these in the UK now, i what transformers on HD-DVD

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    3 months is still in warranty. Return it.

+ never mind whether you will actually BUY the cheapest brand... the point is that it brings the price point down... and ALL players become more affordable.

(PS I rarely buy the cheapest brand out there... but I like the fact that they exist to help define the market)

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Your correct lemonadesoda, but the point of the matter is IT STOPPED WORKING! So you can say whatever you want to say as well.

RE: PS. It WASN'T THE CHEAPEST AVAILABLE!

10 Year Member at TPU