1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Verbatim Store 'n' Go 4GB USB Drive

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. DaveK1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can't remove Verbatim USB Flash Drive (Thumb Drive)

Whenever I insert the Verbatim 4GB USB flash drive, and do ANYTHING (file copy, delete, cut, etc.), then it will NOT let me remove the drive. I get a window that says "Unable to log out of secured area". It is trying to tell me that some application is using the flash drive, however, there is NO OTHER APPLICATION open. The hard drive is not running and the processor is 99% idle.

I called Verbatim at 800-538-8589 and told them about this problem, they told me to move everything off the flash drive, reformat the flash drive, then move my files back onto the flash drive. Like an idiot I believed them and tried this, but it DID NOT WORK, I still get the same error message. Verbatim said all I have to do is power down the computer and then remove the flash drive, well, that's great, but what if I don't want to power down the computer everytime I insert their flash drive.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

3. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    what do you mean you cant remove it?

4. DaveK1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whan I try to eject the drive, a window titled "Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device" says, "The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later. Also, the Vsafe security feature of the Verbatim flash drive refuses to let me log out of the drive, saying, 'Unable to log out of secured area'.