• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Verbatim Store 'n' Go 4GB USB Drive

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Verbatim Store 'n' Go memory sticks occupy the budget end of the entire Store 'n' Go series. They offer size and quality over performance and features, but have a smaller price tag than the other Store 'n' Go variants. 4GB at $30-35 may not sound bad, so we take a close look the USB stick and see if the savings are worth it.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveK1

Can't remove Verbatim USB Flash Drive (Thumb Drive)

Whenever I insert the Verbatim 4GB USB flash drive, and do ANYTHING (file copy, delete, cut, etc.), then it will NOT let me remove the drive. I get a window that says "Unable to log out of secured area". It is trying to tell me that some application is using the flash drive, however, there is NO OTHER APPLICATION open. The hard drive is not running and the processor is 99% idle.

I called Verbatim at 800-538-8589 and told them about this problem, they told me to move everything off the flash drive, reformat the flash drive, then move my files back onto the flash drive. Like an idiot I believed them and tried this, but it DID NOT WORK, I still get the same error message. Verbatim said all I have to do is power down the computer and then remove the flash drive, well, that's great, but what if I don't want to power down the computer everytime I insert their flash drive.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Phxprovost

Xtreme Refugee
System Name Result of Boredom
Processor AMD FX-6350
Motherboard ASUS M5A97
Cooling Enzo Tech Extreme-X
Memory 16gb ddr3
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Display(s) Asus 24in (1920X1080) X 2 @144hz
Case NZXT S340
Software WIN7 64bit HP
what do you mean you cant remove it?

DaveK1

Whan I try to eject the drive, a window titled "Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device" says, "The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later. Also, the Vsafe security feature of the Verbatim flash drive refuses to let me log out of the drive, saying, 'Unable to log out of secured area'.