• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VGA Bios Request: Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 64 - Hynix Memory

Furni

Hi! I was wondering whether any thoughtful user(s) who purchased one of these (Vega 64 - Powercolor, RED DRAGON-variant) would be willing to upload their .rom bios to the Techpowerup database? Would love to experiment with my Vega 56 variant for FPS improvements, etc.

Thanks!

There is no PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 64. Let alone one with Hynix HBM2.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
the only Red Dragon Vega 64 i could find, was this one , it is a HBM2 unit, but i cant say if it is hynix, or otherwise. finding the bios might be tough, id suggest you reach out to powercolor support, they have always treated me well.

Capture.PNG

That "mythical dragon" of a card does not actually exist. I can only find one other mention of it on the entire web(which was either copied and pasted to or from the TPU database). It's not for sale anywhere. And it's not listed on the official PowerColor website(along with EVERY other RX Vega card they actually do make). One other clue to its inauthenticity are the listed core clock speeds. Which are NOT overclocked at all. Yet it's got a 3 fan cooler and "OC" in the name. Boy...that sure makes a lot of sense! :kookoo: Somebody obviously didn't do their requisite fact checking on that one. Looks like I need to report an error.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Hi! I was wondering whether any thoughtful user(s) who purchased one of these (Vega 64 - Powercolor, RED DRAGON-variant) would be willing to upload their .rom bios to the Techpowerup database? Would love to experiment with my Vega 56 variant for FPS improvements, etc.

Thanks!

Please Take pictures of the card's white stickers on the back and post them here so that we may help you better.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
it seems as though stocks have been depleted for the Vega cards ,and that is apparently why the v64 RDragon version hasn't released ,according to the following news piece

as of 4/1/18
According to Video Cardz, the Red Dragon series will include both RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56 models. In terms of price and availability, there’s no concrete information except for the fact that RX Vega stock is currently entirely depleted

it would seem unless OP has an inside source for these, or a factory direct provider, it would be a safe bet to assume he is not in possesion of a 64 RD

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
it seems as though stocks have been depleted for the Vega cards ,and that is apparently why the v64 RDragon version hasn't released ,according to the following news piece

as of 4/1/18
According to Video Cardz, the Red Dragon series will include both RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56 models. In terms of price and availability, there’s no concrete information except for the fact that RX Vega stock is currently entirely depleted

it would seem unless OP has an inside source for these, or a factory direct provider, it would be a safe bet to assume he is not in possesion of a 64 RD

Looking up that model number pulls up the red devil card from the tpu screenshot

https://www.amazon.com/PowerColor-64-AXRX-VEGA-8GBHBM2-2D2H/dp/B078GGNBQX

as of 4/1/18
That's makes a little more sense...I suppose. Needless to say...I'm still right. And I don't regret reporting it as an error. Because it is, any way you look at it. Says it was released. Has not been released. The specs are identical to the vanilla RX Vega 64. The specs would not be identical to the vanilla RX Vega 64. As yet...the card is a mere rumor. And does not belong in the DB as a real product.
Looking up that model number pulls up the red devil card from the tpu screenshot

https://www.amazon.com/PowerColor-64-AXRX-VEGA-8GBHBM2-2D2H/dp/B078GGNBQX
Wrong part number. AXRX VEGA 64 8GBHBM2-2D2HD/OC. Or right part number truly. Since that part number doesn't refer to an actual "real world" card.

Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
Says it was released

Where did you see it listed as released? The screenshot? iirc, They pre-post those, always take them w/ a grain of salt.

It seems that the 56 version actually did release ,but with such limited quantities , my guess is not very many people have them. I'm guessing because the planned release was announced, tech sites just used the stock footage from the 56 version ,or whatever else they released, it would seem like taking those posts down might be smart ,but what do i know.

I'm guessing op is just looking for the bios file, likely to add it to some video card that it doesn't belong to

Last edited: