• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VIA Launches Stackable Multi-Story Chassis for VIA EPIA Boards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its latest additions to the VIA AMOS series of universal chassis products; the VIA AMOS-1000 and VIA AMOS-2000 chassis are specially designed to work with VIA EPIA Mini-ITX and Nano-ITX boards and feature unique multi-story stackability.

VIA developed the VIA AMOS-1000 and VIA AMOS-2000 chassis to make complete system design as straightforward and expedient as possible. The guiding principle behind the VIA AMOS-1000 and VIA AMOS-2000 is the ability to add additional layers to the chassis, facilitating simple system expansion for optical drives, system storage and PCI or PCI Express AIBs.

"The expansion of our VIA AMOS chassis series to include Mini-ITX and Nano-ITX products is something that we are certain our customers will appreciate," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "These new chassis designs offer a comprehensive feature set that can be easily sculpted into a wide variety of application specific designs."

The VIA AMOS-1000 and VIA AMOS-2000 chassis designs are ideal for a wide range of industrial and commercial applications including digital signage, healthcare, industrial control and automation, kiosk, POI/POS, gaming and surveillance. The modular and fully customizable nature of these chassis designs means that customers can bring products to market faster, using fewer resources. All VIA AMOS chassis are designed to be user friendly, making system maintenance as simple as possible.

The VIA AMOS-1000 Mini-ITX Chassis
The VIA AMOS-1000 is specially designed to work with VIA's extensive range of VIA EPIA Mini-ITX boards. The VIA AMOS-1000 in a basic configuration involves a main system chassis that contains a VIA EPIA Mini-ITX board, 2.5" hard disk with a DC to DC power board and optional companion boards including wireless, COM, DVI and USB boards. These companion boards provide additional I/O on the reverse of the chassis.

This basic chassis configuration can be supplemented with additional layers, including an ultra thin storage chassis that can support an slimline optical storage drive, as well as a Compact Flash slot, MiniPCI port and two additional S-ATA II 2.5" hard drives. This storage module takes the potential storage capacity of a VIA AMOS-1000 system to a theoretical max of 3TB.

The VIA AMOS-1000 also supports a riser expansion chassis that adds support for up to two PCI or PCI Express add-in-boards; offering multitude of I/O options that include high-end discrete graphics and video support, networking I/O or a plethora of other application-centered configurations.

For more information about the VIA AMOS-1000 please visit this page.

The VIA AMOS-2000 Nano-ITX Chassis
The VIA AMOS-2000 measures a mere 19 cm x 19 cm x 6 cm and is designed to work specifically with VIA EPIA Nano-ITX boards, in a range of compact IPC applications. The main chassis comes with a customized front I/O panel, specifically suited to work with EPIA Nano-ITX boards and their respective I/O configurations.

The VIA AMOS-2000 also supports a range of companion cards in its main chassis, with dual sided I/O providing additional wireless, COM, DVI and USB support on the rear panel. The VIA AMOS-2000 also uses an additional ultra thin storage chassis, adding support for an optical storage drive.

For more information about the VIA AMOS-2000 please visit this page

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I actually like this idea.