• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video card for 2 50" 4k TVs, HDMI

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
A follow-up update, I loaded the 1030 in a SFF i5 with 4Gb this morning, and popped over to the client. Things went well thru the checkup: Powerpoint went without a hitch, of course, and their video from a recent event looked SO sharp at 4k. Thanks so much everyone who gave input! :toast:

There were just two little hiccups. First, the end of video has a plain white background for their sponsor notifications, and in the back, at about a 5% (watermark-type), you see the video of people at the event. On one screen. The other screen only has a white background, no walking people.... The double annoying thing is that's the side with the DP to HDMI adapter which shows the people walking, not the straight HDMI.... :wtf:

I think he'll be ok with that, but when we were getting ready to leave, he asked about a third monitor to drive a small 15-17" monitor to manage the whole setup..... Looks like I'll need to roll the price of a second card into the whole bundle, and get another one :ohwell:

edit: a quick note on that 1030, it's a low-profile, but comes built normal, so you have to swap the riser. Unfortunately, the riser is attached with one screw buried under the heatsink, which has 4 tension screws, 1 of which has a tamper sticker. I took a razor blade to mine, in case I had to return the card, but it's something to note for anyone interested :)
You need to calibrate the screens if you want them to look the same. The monitor with disappearing people is either too bright or too saturated (or too low quality and then you can't fix it).
If you don't have a display calibrator (most people don't), use the big image here: http://krazyblog.net/2014/12/display-calibration-in-phones-and-why-it-matters/
Put it on both screens and try to set them up that so that every shade in there is visible on each screen. You can also google for better images like that.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
You need to calibrate the screens if you want them to look the same. The monitor with disappearing people is either too bright or too saturated (or too low quality and then you can't fix it).
If you don't have a display calibrator (most people don't), use the big image here: http://krazyblog.net/2014/12/display-calibration-in-phones-and-why-it-matters/
Put it on both screens and try to set them up that so that every shade in there is visible on each screen. You can also google for better images like that.
I'll certainly try that, but I'm afraid that won't fix it... I swapped the connections, and the "issue", if it can be called that, followed the output. In other words, when I reversed the HDMI/DP cables, the people showed up on the other TV.... Still, calibrating can't hurt :)

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I'll certainly try that, but I'm afraid that won't fix it... I swapped the connections, and the "issue", if it can be called that, followed the output. In other words, when I reversed the HDMI/DP cables, the people showed up on the other TV.... Still, calibrating can't hurt :)
You can look at the gamma curves being applied by the driver to each output as well.

The TV's HDMI input is configured for limited RGB signal (like for TV, range from 16-235), while the DP is configured full 255 levels (like for PC).
Look in the TV setup, there should be a setting for that HDMI to say "full range" or "PC".

As for the extra input. I suggested previously that cheap Quadro (4 outputs, 10 bit), but... who listens?