1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

video card not at 100%, or?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by 4eVaCrazIe, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 4eVaCrazIe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've just formatted my computer. Though before I did, my games were fine. My cs averaged at about 90-100 fps. and I could run warcraft 3 with no problem what so ever. After the format I'm lagging in both games on places where I should not be. I get like 40 fps on cs and warcraft 3 lags so much when it comes to casting spells that I can't even move.

after I formatted I tried installing with the driver(cd) it came with. didnt work.
    I formatted again and installed the latest driver from the ati site. didn't work ether.

MS-6728
    Intel Pentium 4 3200 MHz
    512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (Kingmax)
    WD1200JB (120gb western digital)
    256MB ATI 9800XT

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Athlon2K15

Athlon2K15 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    do you have all the chipset drivers installed?

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Download and install Motherboard drivers again. Then delete all the video card drivers, SEARCH for them to ensure they are gone, defrag HDD and re-install the video card drivers.
    ATI drivers tend to stick like glue, if you leave a fragment in the HDD it will just re-install from that known point and not redo the entire driver. Also make sure you download any patches or updates for Warcraft.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Its good to even remove the graphic card in Device Manager then manually install the driver.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. 4eVaCrazIe New Member

Thanks Received:
    "Download and install Motherboard drivers again. " sorry, I don't know much about computers.. I usually just install the drivers(cd) it came with.. is there someway I can check what models I've got and dl the updates for it?

isnt there a program that lets me clean up all the past video card drivers also?

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Godsmak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes get DriverCleaner to clean up your drivers after you have uninstalled them. Also get Motherboard monitor or CPU-Z to check what you got. Search google for these. I am pretty sure your problem is you do not have chipset drivers for your motherboard. Find out your motherboard, do a search for drivers for it, and update. You may need chipset audio as well.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    your board is an MSI 865pe/neo if I recall - you should have a "live bios" app that will search for the most up to date driver for your motherboard. I have the same board, and have been impressed with its stability.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. 4eVaCrazIe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont think i have that app.. could I download it somewhere?

10 Year Member at TPU