• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video card not working

DeeDee

I have a dell optiplex 780 sff , I just got an AMD video card with a Display port and a DVI port... It's not working. Is there a setting in the BIO's or should it automatically show up when I plug it in?

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Lack of information here thwarts anyone's ability to help...What AMD card specifically? What power supply is in that PC? What other parts (CPU) are in there? No idea what a dell optiplex 780 can have in it, bud. After taking the time to look it up, it seems quite old with old hardware....... if you have a new UEFI GPU it may not work.

There isn't a setting to get it to work, no. Just plug it in.

To be clear, you've installed it, connected any power plugs going to the mystery GPU and now do not have a picture on screen, right? Does the system seem like it is powering on?

The Optiplex might as well be describes as "we had all these parts lying around and we made some puters"

You can download Belarc Advisor or HWInfo to get a parts list. Ss for the vcard, shud say what it is on the box.